2019 Spec Sheet here

• I've been haggling and talking to more dealers this past week than I care to mention. I was contacted by one who has not be willing to deal at all, but yet wants to get me into a 2019.

Here is the spec sheet he just sent me...

I’m going to tell you a car buying story that totally sucks.

In 2008 when they were practically giving away vehicles....I found several pickups in dealers that were in other states. So I made contact with several of them talking prices and such...innocently not thinking of anything else.

So I descided to go to a dealer about 35 miles from me...the night before I went I paid to get my credit score so I could take it with me to make a deal.

I spent 2 hours haggling price and the truck I wanted a was in Delaware. The salesman said before he went into his office...how’s your credit....I said I checked it last night it’s good...

After a few minutes he comes out looking at me like I’m a turd in the toilet....he says..I thought you said you credit was good....I said it is...he said come here...

We walk into his office...on the computer screen is all 3 credit bureau scores right across the top of the screen....all are in the mid 500s.....he said I can’t get you financed like this.

The night before I bought my scores...they were all in the mid 700s.

Here is what I figured out....car sales were down because the economy sucked and salesmen we’re starving....so everyone of the salesmen I talked to ran a credit check on me without me knowing it...so they could make a deal.

So many back to back inquiries drove my score down the drain....I couldn’t buy a new truck.

I talked to a guy that deals with this kind of thing he said my score wouldn’t come back up for at least 6 months...

I waited and finally bought a 2011....

Moral of the story.....if you decide to talk to several dealers about vehicles.....NEVER give them any info about your identity.

Don’t let them run multiple credit checks...

When you finally decide to buy a vehicle go to one dealer and make the deal with them...that will only be one credit check....

But even if they shop several banks for better interest rates..your credit score is still taking hits...

It happened to me....

As a side note my credit card company sent me a fraud email warning today about someone making a fraudulent purchase on my card...they are sending me a new one..

• That's very unusual. When you have credit inquiries multiple times over getting financed for car/house, it's not supposed to go down with each inquiry. You will take a small hit but definitely not a 200pt hit.

• Given the fact that no other dealer is saying anything of the sort and no post on evilbook regarding 20019 details posted above , I am going to say that it is a photoshopped image.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• This is definitely not correct!!! You would have to have about 1000 "hard" pulls of your credit for your score to drop like that. Until you decide to buy, they will do "soft" pulls of credit. As stated below, when you are shopping for credit (car and house), inquiries made at the same time count as 1 credit pull. Having multiple pulls done (like 10, which is a ton) will only drop your score about 8- 15 points on both Equifax and Trans Union. They are the 2 bureaus used by most lenders. If your credit was pulled as "hard" pull without your SIGNED consent, they are in violation of Federal law. You could sue each and every dealership that pulled your credit without SIGNED consent. You would win no questions asked!!! I can speak in confidence on this, because I have been in the car business for over 25 years. Have worked in Finance and know the mortgage side also, because have dealt with it too!! Something else happened here to make your credit score to drop like that. It also doesn't happen overnight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• That's very unusual. When you have credit inquiries multiple times over getting financed for car/house, it's not supposed to go down with each inquiry. You will take a small hit but definitely not a 200pt hit.

This is definitely not correct!!! You would have to have about 1000 "hard" pulls of your credit for your score to drop like that. Until you decide to buy, they will do "soft" pulls of credit. As stated below, when you are shopping for credit (car and house), inquiries made at the same time count as 1 credit pull. Having multiple pulls done (like 10, which is a ton) will only drop your score about 8- 15 points on both Equifax and Trans Union. They are the 2 bureaus used by most lenders. If your credit was pulled as "hard" pull without your SIGNED consent, they are in violation of Federal law. You could sue each and every dealership that pulled your credit without SIGNED consent. You would win no questions asked!!! I can speak in confidence on this, because I have been in the car business for over 25 years. Have worked in Finance and know the mortgage side also, because have dealt with it too!! Something else happened here to make your credit score to drop like that. It also doesn't happen overnight.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Maybe something changed since 2008 but......
    I made no purchases in that time period that would have changed my score. The only thing that happened was my inquires at the different dealerships.

I paid for the scores the night before and they were good. So explain the overnight 200 point drop without using/ buying anything in my sleep?

As far as I’m concerned this whole credit score thing is a scam used to charge people higher interest rates. I just bought a used van and the dealer shopped several banks and I got notifications from several and my score was used as one of the reasons because of the multiple inquiries for a vehicle loan in the same day.

So why can’t they figure out you’re shopping for the best interest rate at a car dealer?

BS is what it is. I believe the credit score companies get kick backs from lenders for giving you a lower score so they can charge more interest. And I’m sure car dealers have an “arrangement” with lenders to milk more profits from giving you a higher interest rate. Car dealers are more than willing to bend you over.

If you’re vehicle shopping do what you want but I’m telling you what happened to me OVERNIGHT. I will never shop multiple dealers again. Pay to get your score before you buy and see if it matches what the dealer says it is. Get ready.

• You seem to have issues no matter what we talk about in here. Use your bank that handles your accounts and if they have bad rates then find a bank that appreciates your good credit practices. Or pay cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• dropped from 849 to 822 because wife spaced off cable bill and was late. So the drop is quite dramatic on late payments.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Your credit score drops for no reason. It’s a scam that nobody seems to be able to figure out.

I paid off my house over ten years ago, my scores are low because I don’t have a mortgage history. The more you owe the higher your score. Until they tell you you owe too much and they drop it. My payment history is perfect. My score is low.

As I have said before my middle name is Murphy’s law. If it can and will happen it will happen to me.

I don’t care what you believe I’m telling you my score dropped 200 over night. I had written proof I paid for from the night before it was mid 700s. I signed nothing and gave nobody permission to run credit checks.

Don’t even give them your name when you talk to them because they can still check your credit.

And what proof do they havr to provide to prove they did or didn’t run your credit?

To say I trust car salesman will never happen.

• Why so...?

Because I find it hard to believe that only one dealer out of the many has the info and pamphlets regarding the new models, Last time I asked Scott(owner of Sport Rider Inc) about the 2019s he said that polaris hasn't told them anything and that they are doing a "video conference" to reveal the 2019s in august.

If the info was really "leaked" out, it would be posted/reposted on every facebook SS group, so far @highiso dealer is the only person who "has" info on the 2019s.

It could very well be that he has insider info but you know what they say, if it smells and sounds like BS then it is very likely that it is BS.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Because I find it hard to believe that only one dealer out of the many has the info and pamphlets regarding the new models, Last time I asked Scott(owner of Sport Rider Inc) about the 2019s he said that polaris hasn't told them anything and that they are doing a "video conference" to reveal the 2019s in august.
    If the info was really "leaked" out, it would be posted/reposted on every facebook SS group, so far @highiso dealer is the only person who "has" info on the 2019s.

It could very well be that he has insider info but you know what they say, if it smells and sounds like BS then it is very likely that it is BS.

I was skeptical when he sent it to me, but then thought, why would he try to push me into a 2019 by sending me false specs? And at the risk of his reputation? I didn't know what a Slingshot was until last week. I've done a lot of homework over the past few days for sure and was sold a soon as I took a test drive.