Form vs Function

• yeah, trying to put that kind of money into something like this and the wife would definitely kill me lol. I mean, if it isn't broke don't fix it. that is the line of thought I will take with this one lol

• yeah, trying to put that kind of money into something like this and the wife would definitely kill me lol. I mean, if it isn't broke don't fix it. that is the line of thought I will take with this one lol

you can always tell your wife that the SS is “broken,” and need new parts ASAP. :D it’s not like she know what parts you’re replacing anyway.. unless she’s a car/bike enthusiast too.. then it’s a problem. :/

• you can always tell your wife that the SS is “broken,” and need new parts ASAP. :D it’s not like she know what parts you’re replacing anyway.. unless she’s a car/bike enthusiast too.. then it’s a problem. :/

and if he keeps doing this pretty soon his wife will come to the conclusion that the Slingshot must be a POS because it is constantly breaking

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you can always tell your wife that the SS is “broken,” and need new parts ASAP. :D it’s not like she know what parts you’re replacing anyway.. unless she’s a car/bike enthusiast too.. then it’s a problem. :/

"Forced" upgrades...why replace when the aftermarket can provide a better part for less money than Polaris ;)

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• You forgot the most important “F”.....FUN

I like watching heads turn when I go by...and it doesn’t have to be going fast...I guess I’m about the “show” ...I like things that are out of the norm...

I like driving it...stock or with the mods I’ve done..so far... it’s still fun..

I’m way over $5000 in mods...getting closer to 10... everyone has something they like to do...whether it’s a hobby, or a sport or traveling (camping) collecting things...and usually these things have a price tag associated with them... should I have spent as much as I have so far....probably not....has it brought me enjoyment....YES....do I enjoy adding things...YES...Is it fun owning it...YES... it’s my go to vehicle.

I will say most of my mods have been safety related...to keep me or the vehicle safe..visibility was my first big concern...what can I do to make me be more visible.. over $1000 in lights...front and rear.

Then performance....making it go and making it stop. And comfort. Not adding a turbo will probably increase my life expectancy..

I sometimes go faster than I should..now....

Safety and fun...fun and safety...

• yeah the wife is not happy with how much I have spent so far lol. I have put about $9K in mods, but I myself love it and so does everyone I see on the road because I am always getting smiles, high fives, thumbs up and a billion questions. Plus they all want to take pictures of it and of them in it lol. More to come also.

• yeah the wife is not happy with how much I have spent so far lol. I have put about $9K in mods, but I myself love it and so does everyone I see on the road because I am always getting smiles, high fives, thumbs up and a billion questions. Plus they all want to take pictures of it and of them in it lol. More to come also.

here’s my take..

Money comes and goes. If you’re working hard, then you deserve to enjoy the good things in life, besides you can’t carry money to the grave anyway..

• that is true, but I am needing to put quite a bit away for the kids when they grow up. rather than use it for myself I need to make sure that they have a rainy day account to fall back on. I want to make sure they are able to have a safety net and I need to build that up first before I start putting more into my "toy" as the wife puts it lol.

• I say go spend the money, but save a little bit just in case! Tomorrow is not promise anymore. Be happy and have fun when you can.

The children will take care of themselves after the age of 18 just like we did. If you are doing something different besides college, you are doing something wrong and not doing the adults any good.

• The children will take care of themselves after the age of 18 just like we did. If you are doing something different besides college, you are doing something wrong and not doing the adults any good.

let the children do what the hell they want to do, besides college is optional. forget saving for college tuition, there’s financial aid for a reason. let them rack up in debt :evil:

• let the children do what the hell they want to do, besides college is optional. forget saving for college tuition, there’s financial aid for a reason. let them rack up in debt :evil:

I was given 3 options:

1. Go to College - "parents will not pay for it"
    2. Get a job
    3. Join the Military

All good options...it didn't create a dependency on my parents to bail me out. I went to college and after a year, realized it wasn't my thing so I got a job...I think I am doing ok these days.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• <p>
    </p>

I was given 3 options:
    1. Go to College - "parents will not pay for it"
    2. Get a job
    3. Join the Military

All good options...it didn't create a dependency on my parents to bail me out. I went to college and after a year, realized it wasn't my thing so I got a job...I think I am doing ok these days.

see what i mean? forget college! go make and spend money on SS!