Massachusetts or Rhode Island Slingshot Owners post up here!

• I don't want to be a damp rag, but just since it was passed by the House today, doesn't it still need Senate approval and the Governor's signature before it goes into law? Plus there's usually a waiting period, so if you're lucky, it may get in place by July 1st

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• I don't want to be a damp rag, but just since it was passed bu the House today, doesn't it still need Senate approval and the Governor's signature before it goes into law? Plus there's usually a waiting period, so if you're lucky, it may get in place by July 1st

Hey Phil!! Every party needs a "pooper", but c'mon, these folks are desperate!!! Lol!!!
    However, you are exactly right. In CT anyway, that's just how it worked. They voted on, and passed it in June, and the governor signed it into effect on July 1st.
    C'mon folks, just buy it already, it's coming!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• True, but so far that is the first positive feedback. House tabled for further review, the Senate approved yesterday. Only one has to approve, so then I think 6 days for Governor and DMV to acknowledge. Especially, since roughly 26 had already been registered and re-registered. Gives us that were denied an end to our frustration.

• Update on DMV/Bill issue for us patiently waiting to own our Slingshots. To funinthesun, you were correct. We were under the impression only one had to pass, not both. I emailed the House (2 people only*) and one immediately responded stating it would be addressed on the 6/17 calendar, which hadn't been posted. He seemed to be willing to pass, but time will tell. Note, the Senate had 5 people presenting it. Additionally, we contacted the DMV, who wasn't aware of the House tabling it and would address their approval with them as well. Still not fully resolved, but getting closer. Again, thanks for all the support. Three of us are waiting to purchase and register asap and now John two friends want one as well once approved. So now their are five us waiting for the law to be passed.
    Sorry, if I am boring people with my post, but for us it important.

I don't want to be a damp rag, but just since it was passed bu the House today, doesn't it still need Senate approval and the Governor's signature before it goes into law? Plus there's usually a waiting period, so if you're lucky, it may get in place by July 1st

Also, on another note, hadn't checked my email in awhile and found today an email from support about the other forum that I was banned from, asking for my log in email and user name to address. Dated 6/8, banned 5/16. How's that for a response time?! ?(

• Also, on another note, hadn't checked my email in awhile and found today an email from support about the other forum that I was banned from, asking for my log in email and user name to address. Dated 6/8, banned 5/16. How's that for a response time?!

How in the world, could a sweet person like yourself get banned?? Did you accidentally run over a Hedgehog???

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• For those that can't register the slingshot in RI now, looks like by July things will be worked out. There is a bill in both house and Senate, and only one of them needs to be approved. Could be any day. Can't wait to buy one.

• How in the world, could a sweet person like yourself get banned?? Did you accidentally run over a Hedgehog???

Thanks! That was very nice of you to say. It seems we are getting closer to owning one. See my husband John post about the results from today's post - chefjohn.

• That's all you guys need in New England. Another state that can't get riders to get together for fun (just joking guys - Connman put me up to it). ;);)

Now Phil, I've been getting into enough trouble on my own around here lately, and certainly don't need your help for finding more!!! :00000004:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• There's one remaining Blue one here outside of Daytona. I'm sure you could fly in, do the paperwork and be back on the road the same afternoon. What better thrill than having the maiden voyage driving home from Florida in your new BLUE slingshot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Thanks Kay Two, but I think the cost for traveling, etc. will take it out of our price range. Our dealer had one, but we were too late due to the RI registration issues. Needed to make sure it passed and we could register before buying one again. That was a horrible day for us and wouldn't want to have it happen again. I think we are going to end up with a Silver one, like the first one. John is a little disappointed, but with the money we save, we can get some mods for this year that we have been eyeing and we need to purchase a trailer for the winter storage. Hubby is on a business trip till end of week, so we hoping we can register by the 4th, since Bristol celebrates big time. This will be the 231st year and the longest running event in America. They have carnival, concerts, parade and other events from the 24th to the 4th of July ending with fireworks. Again, thanks for all the support and especially knowledge from this forum.

• Thanks Kay Two, but I think the cost for traveling, etc. will take it out of our price range. Our dealer had one, but we were too late due to the RI registration issues. Needed to make sure it passed and we could register before buying one again. That was a horrible day for us and wouldn't want to have it happen again. I think we are going to end up with a Silver one, like the first one. John is a little disappointed, but with the money we save, we can get some mods for this year that we have been eyeing and we need to purchase a trailer for the winter storage. Hubby is on a business trip till end of week, so we hoping we can register by the 4th, since Bristol celebrates big time. This will be the 231st year and the longest running event in America. They have carnival, concerts, parade and other events from the 24th to the 4th of July ending with fireworks. Again, thanks for all the support and especially knowledge from this forum.

Sorry to hear you won't get your blue one, but nothing says you can't paint it later!

Hope you guys get everything squared away for 4th of July in Bristol. That is an awesome party, I've been a couple of times. Stationed in Newport three times, really enjoyed it.

• Sorry to hear you won't get your blue one, but nothing says you can't paint it later!
    Hope you guys get everything squared away for 4th of July in Bristol. That is an awesome party, I've been a couple of times. Stationed in Newport three times, really enjoyed it.

Great News! This is killing me! Just got a call from John and the dealer contacted him and said the last blue one the sold when we tried yesterday to put a deposit on it, fell through the financing on the other buyer, so it is available for us. John put a deposit and when he returns from his trip at the end of the week, we will finalize the deal. Now, if the State will just give us the go ahead for registration we might just have for the 4th! Never wanted something so bad and have been trying for over a month to get one. Now, won't be able to get some of the mods we were thinking of getting with the money saved, but John is thrilled and he deserves it. Thanks again for the support and feed back! Always, John and Donna-Bristol, RI

• Great News! This is killing me! Just got a call from John and the dealer contacted him and said the last blue one the sold when we tried yesterday to put a deposit on it, fell through the financing on the other buyer, so it is available for us

This is awesome news!!!!
    I told you good things would come your way!! The power of positive thoughts are very powerful around here. With so many of us pulling for you guys, it's no wonder it all came together!!! Now.................................
    **********GO GET IT!!!**********

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)

• This is awesome news!!!!I told you good things would come your way!! The power of positive thoughts are very powerful around here. With so many of us pulling for you guys, it's no wonder it all came together!!! Now.................................
    **********GO GET IT!!!**********

THANKS BUNCHES! Can't wait to meet you in person. Waiting for John to return from his business trip at end of week and finalizing. Your support is greatly appreciated!