Condensation in Signal Lights

• This is a fix for condensation in the signal lights in lieu of replacement. Once you are out of warranty you most likely will not replace the signal lights unless needed to function. I had both of my signal lights replaced under warranty for this very reason only for the replacements to do the same thing a year or so later. While at Rallies I have seen many with the same problem. My OCD cannot allow moisture to collect behind the lens without doing something about it. My signal lights would get so much moisture in them the water would collect in the front corner forming a puddle. I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to fix it myself by drilling holes where the water was collected in the front corner to drain and then one hole at the rear of the light to ventilate. This was done well over a year ago and the result is clear, dry lenses with no side effects of them being functional.

The first picture is two 5/32” drill bits inserted in the front corner of the signal light showing the location where I drilled to drain the water out. The next two pictures are the location of the 5/32” hole drilled at the rear of the signal light to ventilate. This has kept my signal lights dry and clear since.

• Sorry guys . We don’t have that problem here. Haven’t seen rain in bout three months. By this time supposed to have 9.3 inches. Right now only 2.4 inches since Jan 1.
    No moisture ! !

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Sorry guys . We don’t have that problem here. Haven’t seen rain in bout three months. By this time supposed to have 9.3 inches. Right now only 2.4 inches since Jan 1.
    No moisture ! !

JUST SAYIN

I got most of mine at Maggie Valley this year @Boomer.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• This is a fix for condensation in the signal lights in lieu of replacement. Once you are out of warranty you most likely will not replace the signal lights unless needed to function. I had both of my signal lights replaced under warranty for this very reason only for the replacements to do the same thing a year or so later. While at Rallies I have seen many with the same problem. My OCD cannot allow moisture to collect behind the lens without doing something about it. My signal lights would get so much moisture in them the water would collect in the front corner forming a puddle. I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to fix it myself by drilling holes where the water was collected in the front corner to drain and then one hole at the rear of the light to ventilate. This was done well over a year ago and the result is clear, dry lenses with no side effects of them being functional.

The first picture is two 5/32” drill bits inserted in the front corner of the signal light showing the location where I drilled to drain the water out. The next two pictures are the location of the 5/32” hole drilled at the rear of the signal light to ventilate. This has kept my signal lights dry and clear since.

Nice cheap mod, I like it.