How do you like this retractable soft top?

• How do you like this new top? 9

1. Maybe, if the design looks "right" (5) 56%
    2. Yes, I'm all up for it! (2) 22%
    3. No, it's ugly and I don't like it! (2) 22%

Thought about this concept for a new top that can be PERMANENTLY installed, and EASILY retract to protect yourself against sun and rain, and HIDE if you want to enjoy the fresh air.. I don't have a sketch right now.. but I will be working on a drawing soon, but here's a picture of the soft top from a stroller that shares the same concept.

• Would it need to be a "flow through" design so that it doesn't catch too much wind?

Would it be attached at the front in some way?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Would it need to be a "flow through" design so that it doesn't catch too much wind?

Would it be attached at the front in some way?

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

I'm thinking about a "flow throught" design, but need to be tested after prototype is made.
    As for attaching at the front in some way, i think we can give that "option" if they wanted to for extra security?

• I have thought of this, probably like many of us, for years. I was thinking it could work with no forward support if it had low mounted, removable supports similar to this awning.

If the supports had a fixed base mount (4-6 inch sleeve at a 25* angle) and a hand adjustable tension system(twist or lever) and the top material was robust enough, you should be able to mount the top to the roll bars with no skeleton. Again, much like this canopy. The arms could be stored behind the seats and the canopy rolled and Velcro strapped to roll hoops.

Not very sexy though. ^^

If you wanted more pizzazz, you could stitch sleeves into the canopy and use fiberglass tent poles with rubber ends to expand the canopy into any desired shape/style.

Edited 2 times, last by WOLF ().

• if this is something you are serious about designing and making yourself, and you are trying to keep your name attached to it and keep the rights for it and maybe make some money off of it, I would advise against saying too much more about it until you have a design and a patent pending.

• Without going to look I have a helmet very similar to this....

first time I used it I had the visor on...at 70 mph the wind caught it and almost ripped my head off....

I don’t ride with the visor on...

So it will need to have very good front attachments....like on convertible cars....

• this one doesn’t appear to be moveable like a convertible top....so they have a very rigid framework all around it...