USB Firmware/Error Screen when starting the Slingshot

• Got a new 17' SL LE Slingshot a couple weeks ago and noticed from day 1 the mode button would sometimes get "stuck" and keep switching inputs or going into the menu on occasion on the stock SL infotainment system. Also noticed that while all the other buttons "clicked" when pressed the mode button does not and only takes a light "touch" - similar to a smart phone - in order to select it which I'm not sure if thats the case with all Slingshots. On bad days I've started up the Sling only to have the screen go into some sort of USB firmware update mode which I'm not able to exit out of until it goes away on its own or after a few restarts - see attached picture. While doing the 500 mile service the dealer checked it out but weren't able to duplicate the issue - may have to take it back to them again. Anyone experience anything similar?

• Have to admit....thats the first time I have heard of that. It does sound to me like something is sticking. I am surprised that the dealer could not duplicate the problem.

Definitely going to be a dealer issue but if you want to try something so you MIGHT NOT have to go back...

I used this stuff on my honda goldwing buttons and man it solved the stickiness lubricated everything worked great and saved me a trip to the dealer.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Thanks SSREAPER! I'll check that out. Do you just spray that from the outside and try to get it in between the buttons? Also- do you have a stock system and can confirm/deny if the mode button is suppose to "click" when you press it or is just touch responsive?

• I do not recall my Mode button "clicking" on my 2015 Base Slingshot.
    Going to go check to be sure.

Update - Guess my memory is going... Turns out there is a slight click when the Mode button is pressed. I attached a ZIP file which should decompress to an MP4 video file with sound.ModeButton.zip

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• Thanks SSREAPER! I'll check that out. Do you just spray that from the outside and try to get it in between the buttons? Also- do you have a stock system and can confirm/deny if the mode button is suppose to "click" when you press it or is just touch responsive?

Try to get it inside the buttons...will not harm electronics works fantastic. I dont know it it would harm the screen so cover it with a rag just to be safe.

Yes the mode button "clicks"exactly the same as the others. I am holding the face with the buttons in my hand as we speak(dont ask) and the mode button feel exactly the same as the others.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Try to get it inside the buttons...will not harm electronics works fantastic. I dont know it it would harm the screen so cover it with a rag just to be safe.
    Yes the mode button "clicks"exactly the same as the others. I am holding the face with the buttons in my hand as we speak(dont ask) and the mode button feel exactly the same as the others.

SSREAPER

Uh-oh - whatcha got up your sleeve with that faceplate/buttons out of the Sling? Haha

Thanks for confirming the "clicking" - that was my thought that all buttons should click the same but my mode button doesn't so its definitely something up with it. I may just loosen up the faceplate tomorrow and jiggle the button around a bit to see if that would free it up.