Hood Buttons - a quick shout out

• This Should probably be in the mods section and not a separate thread but... I am totally impressed with Phil Ward AKA @mniron that I think it is worthy of a thread.

At higher speeds the fenders if my Slingshot vibrated and moved which kind of freaked the wifie out a little. I was thinking about how to stabilize them without taking away from the lines or making it look funny. I came across Phil on FaceBook and Messaged him back and fourth - I called him and he was super helpful so I told him I would buy his gen 3 hood button kit when it became available (I like to spend my money with the little guys). He messaged me when he got his kit together and I sent him money (most places don't follow up so I was impressed with that)

The kit came and it was Awesome - it had the right size hole saw, a punch and his special template - I did not get a pic of the 15 pages of instructions in color - It amazes me the companies that send instructions in black and white and you cant make out the pictures - it did not require any specialty tools (which was a bit of a bummer because I am always looking for an excuse to buy more tools)

It kind of freaks me out drilling holes in the light brackets and the hood

did I mention it freaks me out to drill holes in the hood? but Phil's instructions and template are spot on

It is too late to change your mind now...
    The pins are easy to install and i like how Phil compensated for the different angles to make it easy to adjust

Super satisfied with the results - fenders don't move at all and it looks really nice

There are some other steps that i did miss documenting in my pictures, sorry

I did have to speed test them to 90 MPG and no movement... the wifie did loose her visor

I feel it was a great value and a fairly easy mod - Phil's instructions are great

His contact info @mniron on this forum
    email pjward1707@hotmail.com

if anybody has any questions feel free to reach out to me

• Best buttons out there for my money! Phil is a great guy! Got mine installed last year at Maggie Valley. I was amazed at the end result, and how much quieter the plastic was. Just wait until you are in a Sling without them after you've gotten used to yours! That and the short throw shifter are two mods I notice the most if driving an unmodified SS. On a stock one, the fenders look like the Flying Nun's hat, and the shift to 5th gear you can open the glove box with the same action (at least it feels like 5th is in the glove box)!

• Best buttons out there for my money! Phil is a great guy! Got mine installed last year at Maggie Valley. I was amazed at the end result, and how much quieter the plastic was. Just wait until you are in a Sling without them after you've gotten used to yours! That and the short throw shifter are two mods I notice the most if driving an unmodified SS. On a stock one, the fenders look like the Flying Nun's hat, and the shift to 5th gear you can open the glove box with the same action (at least it feels like 5th is in the glove box)!

I wanted them installed at Eureka Springs last year but the dude that installs could not make it. Hoping he comes this year. My SS tries to fly with my heavy foot and Oklahoma winds I swear the damn fenders and going to break off.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• only way I would do this would be to have them installed - I can do many things, but making holes in my Sling - - - =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Can’t go wrong with hood buttons. I must say the DIY guy can do the install. The instructions that PHIL has put together is super. You have pics and written instructions. To quote a phrase YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. Is so true with his instructions and even call him he will walk you through it.
    Just get them you will not regret this mod.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I wanted them installed at Eureka Springs last year but the dude that installs could not make it. Hoping he comes this year. My SS tries to fly with my heavy foot and Oklahoma winds I swear the damn fenders and going to break off.

Sorry I didn’t make it last year, I am planning the trip this year!

• only way I would do this would be to have them installed - I can do many things, but making holes in my Sling - - - =O

I'm with ya, hate to have a oops moment with hole saw. :cursing:

Can’t go wrong with hood buttons. I must say the DIY guy can do the install. The instructions that PHIL has put together is super. You have pics and written instructions. To quote a phrase YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF. Is so true with his instructions and even call him he will walk you through it.
    Just get them you will not regret this mod.

JUST SAYIN

The V3 DIY Fender Button Kits are the easiest installs to date!