2018 S model purchase price

• Ha! I have yet to find a person to talk me out of this, including my wife. :D

Don't do it!

The price you were quoted is only the admission price!

Once inside, you are gonna want peanuts, steak, dessert, a drink, good music, and mood lighting...

And now you are $35k deep!

Okay, sarcasm. .. but, I warned you!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Keep looking. You should be able to get OTD at MSRP - including taxes/titles/etc.

You don't say where you are at, but there should be plenty of dealers willing to deal. Admittedly, it is prime riding time so they may not be that motivated, but you should be able to do better.

And 2018's should be going down in price soon as the 2019's should come out in August.

• Keep looking. You should be able to get OTD at MSRP - including taxes/titles/etc.

You don't say where you are at, but there should be plenty of dealers willing to deal. Admittedly, it is prime riding time so they may not be that motivated, but you should be able to do better.

And 2018's should be going down in price soon as the 2019's should come out in August.

I'm in Harrisburg, PA. He won't budge from 19,800 and also won't even throw in a cover or 500 mile service.

• I have some options for you....can you wait 2 months. The 19's should be out then and in the past Polaris puts a 2000 rebate on base model.

If I was you however, and this is what I did - I went used. You can find a 17 SL with less than 5000 miles for about 18,000 or less.

But if you have to have now....then get it and be happy.

• 2018 SLR-LE $28,400.00 OUT THE DOOR in Tuscaloosa AL and this was back in Nov of 17'

Find another dealer. The one you are working with smells blood in the water!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Edited once, last by Ghost ().

• 2018 SLR-LE $28,400.00 OUT THE DOOR in This Tuscaloosa AL and this was back in Nov of 17'

Find another dealer. The one you are working with smells blood in the water!

The dealer I've been working with since I test drove the base 2018 S MODEL has given me the best price in the 3 different locations I've checked... $19,800 with windshield, colored grill and belt cover. But the longer I mull over this the more I'm beginning to come to my senses. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have it. Also, the base 2019 S MODEL is white and I want the 2018 black, so waiting for the 2019 is something I don't want to do.

• The dealer I've been working with since I test drove the base 2018 S MODEL has given me the best price in the 3 different locations I've checked... $19,800 with windshield, colored grill and belt cover. But the longer I mull over this the more I'm beginning to come to my senses. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have it. Also, the base 2019 S MODEL is white and I want the 2018 black, so waiting for the 2019 is something I don't want to do.

Hm.... Where did you see the colors for the 19 posted?

Regardless if you wait 3 weeks all 18 and older will be discounted at least 2500 and dealers will be in a hurry to get rid of their old stock to get the new machines since Polaris is releasing the new engine.

Personally I would not pay more than 19k OTD for a base model.

The windshield that they are including is likely a Polaris one which you are going to want to replace after your first "long " ride.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Hm.... Where did you see the colors for the 19 posted?
    Regardless if you wait 3 weeks all 18 and older will be discounted at least 2500 and dealers will be in a hurry to get rid of their old stock to get the new machines since Polaris is releasing the new engine.

Personally I would not pay more than 19k OTD for a base model.

The windshield that they are including is likely a Polaris one which you are going to want to replace after your first "long " ride.

Thanks for the info, what's the story on the Polaris windshield? I talked to two dealers today that I believe both said the 2019 S MODEL is white. I think I need to sleep on this.

• Use the Polaris website and contact all of the dealers within whatever driving distance you're happy with and ask them for an Out-the-door all-inclusive price that includes the options you want AND TTL. This late in the model year (Polaris should announce the 2019 models around the nd of July), you should definitely find a better deal. Polaris hadn't even started shipping when I priced out dealers ithin about 110 miles of my home and some of the Houston dealers were asking for deposits and setup fees around $2500 each. One dealer even wanted a non-refundable deposit on a vehicle no one had even seen locally, let alone actually sat in. The dealer I went with was over 100 miles away, but he only wanted a $500 deposit and eventually gave me a free windshield (the Slingshot had been driven 150 miles before I got it) when I got it 10 months later after Texas finally allowed them to be sold.

• I disagree with trying to scrape a few hundred out of the MSRP. My dealer would not budge on the price and only gave me a deal on an accessory. Evidently, these are hot items right now. If you ever test drive it, you'll understand the fun of it. I went to the dealer and bought THAT day without a second thought. Of course, I was scoping these SS since 2016.

• The dealer I've been working with since I test drove the base 2018 S MODEL has given me the best price in the 3 different locations I've checked... $19,800 with windshield, colored grill and belt cover. But the longer I mull over this the more I'm beginning to come to my senses. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have it. Also, the base 2019 S MODEL is white and I want the 2018 black, so waiting for the 2019 is something I don't want to do.

I would definitely wait until Polaris reveals the new models. You will save money and there will be dealers who are still sitting on their 2018 inventory because it will take a month or two before they get the 2019 models in their showrooms. Also, I don’t believe any dealers know the new colors until The official reveal. They are likely trying to scare you into buying NOW. Like I said, my wife owns a rather large dealership and they don’t know the new colors of the 2019 models yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I would definitely wait until Polaris reveals the new models. You will save money and there will be dealers who are still sitting on their 2018 inventory because it will take a month or two before they get the 2019 models in their showrooms. Also, I don’t believe any dealers know the new colors until The official reveal. They are likely trying to scare you into buying NOW. Like I said, my wife owns a rather large dealership and they don’t know the new colors of the 2019 models yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to hold off for a few weeks. Where is your wife's dealership?

• Now your talking. This gives you time and options. Right now you may not think you need time, you know what you want, all you need is a good price and color options and you'd be right to an extent. Please allow me to elaborate. Getting you first SS can be a lot like when you learned your wife was pregnant with your first child. You know there is a new baby coming and now you have time to prepare for it. Will it be parked inside or outside? If it's outside you'll want a good cover for it. If it's inside you may still want a dust cover for it. There will be times that you'll need to get underneath it to change oil among other things so how are you going to lift it? I read of one owner that doesn't do his own oil changes. He takes it to the local quick change and pulls just the front end over their pit and they do it for him. Oh and lets not forget all the mods your going to want to do. If you know ABSOLUTELY for sure any mods that you are going to do then you can go ahead and start ordering those. Most but not all parts will swap between the model years without a problem but do your research to be sure. It'll be a lot like when you knew that child was coming and didn't know if it was to be a boy or girl so you went ahead and purchased the things that you knew you were going to need that could be used for either. Some folks are going to tell you to wait until you get your SS and put some miles on it before deciding on any mods and that is good advice unless you are for sure about some things you want. Myself, I knew for sure there were lots of things that I wanted to change and set about ordering thousands of dollars of mods while awaiting delivery of the SS. Up until yesterday I hadn't taken off or changed a single mod/addition that I originally ordered. Yesterday I decided I wanted to try something different with my exhaust. Moral to this story is, you know it's coming so if there is anything you are positive that you want to put on it as soon as you take possession of it you now have the time to shop the best prices and options and have it in hand when the time comes! Enjoy!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868