Slingshot Seat Belt Buckle Storage

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Slingshot Seat Belt Buckle Storage

      As a new owners becomes familiar with their new Slingshot, there are a few areas that will start to irritate them. First, the seat belt buckle retracts back against the slopping back panel. You must twist and look for the buckle and it will take some effort to get your hands on it. I have a solution that I came up with that works well for Gail and I. Mount a hook of your choice on the Center fin area ash shown in the video. Best to use screws and not adhesive. You will also need to get seat belt Tension Adjusters that will hold the belt at a comfortable position as the belt is in position for driving. I have a video of how I made my own. You will find this must better to use the seat belts and not look like a pretzel struggling to retrieve the buckle. More ideas to come, stay tuned, I am just getting started.



      This works for me better than the store bought adjuster. It would slide out of adjustment and had to constantly readjust. Mine hold secure. You could use a different material to construct yours if you would like a different look. I have posting ideas for you to improve on if you can.

    • Slingshot Seat Belt Buckle Storage

      Another great idea. My next project for this weekend. A big AMEN and thank you again Sam. I don’t know how you think with all those ideas floating around in your head. Can’t wait to see what’s next.


      Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info
      Jerry Hatley
      Dallas, Texas
    • Dochatley wrote:

      Another great idea. My next project for this weekend. A big AMEN and thank you again Sam. I don’t know how you think with all those ideas floating around in your head. Can’t wait to see what’s next.


      Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info
      It is folks like you that drive me to want to share ideas. If you plant a seed, it will grow. I am hoping by showing my ideas it will lead folks to try it and even improve the idea with their own imagination. When I develop an idea, I look around my home and garage for materials I have on hand to complete the project. For the Seat belt tension adjuster, I had a bag of Clothes Pins and some sandpaper along with some tie wraps and yes I had black Paint. I am mostly delivering the idea for others to take the time to research for best materials and assembly. Good luck on your project and share your results with others. Thanks for your nice comment.
    • samowens44 wrote:

      As a new owners becomes familiar with their new Slingshot, there are a few areas that will start to irritate them. First, the seat belt buckle retracts back against the slopping back panel. You must twist and look for the buckle and it will take some effort to get your hands on it. I have a solution that I came up with that works well for Gail and I. Mount a hook of your choice on the Center fin area ash shown in the video. Best to use screws and not adhesive. You will also need to get seat belt Tension Adjusters that will hold the belt at a comfortable position as the belt is in position for driving. I have a video of how I made my own. You will find this must better to use the seat belts and not look like a pretzel struggling to retrieve the buckle.
      hey @samowens44 I know you have been kind enough in the past to invite others on rides with you - add your location so folks know where to find you cruising through the countryside

      Please take a moment
    • @Ross, I would be happy to and I am going to make a Thread of that so we can develop some rides for the great Northeast Georgia Mountains, my home are from June till Nov. I encourage all to look at our Members Map and you will find my location. If you have not entered your location, I have a help thread that will show you the steps to enter your location. Let's see how many folks are within a day ride or future plan ride here in the mountains of Georgia. Thanks Ross for your idea.

      Here is a list of some of my Ride Maps and Destinations.

      Place to ride in Northeast Georgia Mountains 1.docx - Google Drive
    • samowens44 wrote:

      @Ross, I would be happy to and I am going to make a Thread of that so we can develop some rides for the great Northeast Georgia Mountains, my home are from June till Nov. I encourage all to look at our Members Map and you will find my location. If you have not entered your location, I have a help thread that will show you the steps to enter your location. Let's see how many folks are within a day ride or future plan ride here in the mountains of Georgia. Thanks Ross for your idea.

      Here is a list of some of my Ride Maps and Destinations.

      Place to ride in Northeast Georgia Mountains 1.docx - Google Drive
      looks like you location may have got removed from your profile sir

    • Ross wrote:

      That is very odd as it does not display on your profile but glad it is out there so folks can get to learn even more from you sir


      Ross, sorry, you are right I had not completed my profile. I did go to the map and had entered my location, but as I completed my profile, I found that my map location did not show. I have corrected it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Ross, I do appreciate your roll in helping all of us with a great Calendar and the time you spend to put it all together. Looking forward to 2019 edition.
    • samowens44 wrote:

      Ross wrote:

      That is very odd as it does not display on your profile but glad it is out there so folks can get to learn even more from you sir


      Ross, sorry, you are right I had not completed my profile. I did go to the map and had entered my location, but as I completed my profile, I found that my map location did not show. I have corrected it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Ross, I do appreciate your roll in helping all of us with a great Calendar and the time you spend to put it all together. Looking forward to 2019 edition.
      no worries - hope to see some Snazzy photos in the 2019slingshotcalendar@gmail.com inbox

    Slingshotinfo.com is not affiliated with Polaris Industries the makers of Polaris Slingshot in any way.