esp light?

• ok I got a 2017 sl bone stock today my son went for a ride and when he pulled out of the driveway the esp light (car with squiggly lines, in line with 2000 rpm) came on and went off. after about 10 minutes it came back on and stayed on the whole ride until he got it home and shut it off. I took it for a 10 minute ride and had no problems. I have been doing alot of reading about this and cant get a grip on what it might be. the only mods are quick release stering wheel and bullet speed top.

• any check engine codes?

Cruise control probably didn't work while the light was on .... 2016 owners manual states "Cruise control will be disabled if there are multiple wheel speed sensor faults or a communication
    error with the electronic stability module." You may have a speed sensor going bad - not uncommon and can be fixed under warranty at your dealer

• ok I got a 2017 sl bone stock today my son went for a ride and when he pulled out of the driveway the esp light (car with squiggly lines, in line with 2000 rpm) came on and went off. after about 10 minutes it came back on and stayed on the whole ride until he got it home and shut it off. I took it for a 10 minute ride and had no problems. I have been doing alot of reading about this and cant get a grip on what it might be. the only mods are quick release stering wheel and bullet speed top.

It could be the brake pedal switch or one of the two switches on the master cylinder. If it might be the brake pedal switch check and see if the brake lights stay on

• You know what it also could be. One of the speed sensors on the wheels picking up a false or incorrect reading. Basically either the rear bearing (because it has the magnetic hall effect sensor build into the bearing) or possibly one of the front speed sensors..... If you can find an empty parking lot to slowly make some sharp turns and starts and stops you may find that the light comes on. IF this is the cause,,,, it would be because the computer thinks the wheel is turning either two fast or two slow for the given area of where it thinks it should be. It uses the ABS wheel speed sensors for this job as well as when you lock up a tire. Then the ABS would kick in. But since your moving forward with no brake mashed. It is counting those pulses and knows roughly how many it should be recieving. If there is to few or two many pulses and the steering wheel is turned it could interpret it as a slide. Giving you the squiggly car symbol...

This is of course just one way that the light could be triggered. Many other ways are possible as the others have said...

• @rabtech you said rear bearing how do I check for this? about an hour before my son drove it I was on a real rough road with a lot of bumps and pot holes in it, it has also got to where I hear something rattle in the rear when I hit a terrible spot in the road. I always put it to be the belt slapping on the frame or the shock. I have the belt set loose , probably 1/2" or a little more.

• oops failed to mention that my steering wheel has gotten off from center a little over time slightly to the right and I can notice some movement up and down in the steering shaft. is there any way to bypass all these nanny controls , hell im 48 years old and cant figure out how we all used to live without this stuff on vehicles. I have a old 83 truck with a blown 347 stroker in it and you have to turn the steering wheel about half a round just to drive it and I can keep on the road, to be sure I can drive the shot without them