Checking on information about the Slingshot

• This last week I was told about a problem with production of Slingshots in the near future. A dealership employee said the the dealer has lowered price to invoice to get rid current stock, before it was widely known about Polaris stopping production.... I’m not sure about this info... so I’m asking if anyone else has hear anything.

Thanks for responding in advance

[color=blue]Blue Lives Matter.....

• Interesting?? We had a dealer in Northern Indiana that would sell them when they come out and I don't think he does to date --- They were way to dangerous.

Polaris is still selling lots of them … yes not the same demand that there was in
    early 2015. Been lots of talk about a change in engine, but the only thing that is constant is CHANGE.

• This last week I was told about a problem with production of Slingshots in the near future. A dealership employee said the the dealer has lowered price to invoice to get rid current stock, before it was widely known about Polaris stopping production.... I’m not sure about this info... so I’m asking if anyone else has hear anything.

Thanks for responding in advance

Is the dealer trying to make room for the next model year? Are they guessing about the talk of shifting more production overseas? I haven't heard this rumor.

• I think this is at least the third time I’ve seen this rumor on this forum or another.

Haven’t heard of any of this. I would assume they have production down time just like car manufacturers do where they idle a factory to change over tooling for the next model year which we are quickly approaching.

• I would say that there are no shortage of new slingshots. And the next Slingshots to come down the assembly line will be just like the last years model...No changes except for more colors.

I don't think it will be till 2020 that you see any powertrain changes. And even then you may not... This is due to Polaris having many thousands of Ecotec engines bought and in route or already in storage.

So I'm not saying that your dealer is confused with some other issue like wanting to get newer colors for his inventory. Or maybe he is worried the new models might have a different powertrain.... If so , he is most likely being fed bad info. Or maybe I have guessed incorrectly about the next year or two.

I really hope I am wrong and they would be releasing new models with automatic transmissions and even new engines. But as long as they can keep putting Ecotec engines in they will. And when they run out I'm sure they have a brand new design ready to whip into production....

There are a ton of Slingshots on the showroom floors. This weekend Sloans in Murphysburro TN had these on the inside and 4 more outside...... You should be able to get a pretty good deal on a new slingshot...

Within a week or so we will have the definitive answers in which we all have been speculating on! 8o8o

Bill