Welcome to Rev Dynamics

• could we do self install? Might be over my head, but really, really want. I would die to have this. Ever sense Maggie valley 17 and I saw @Chowder sling, it was awesome!

Absolutely, our kit comes with full instructions, all the brackets mount up the the OEM holes and are very accurate being laser cut. There are only a few holes that do need to be drilled and they all include a vinyl decal to show were to do that so you dont even have to measure. We even put the nuts on the bolts for the hardware so that doesn't need to be sorted out. Its somewhat time consuming at a 1-1.5 days for me or a weekend for a first timer for the install. If you can install a stereo and coil overs you should be good to go. I don't get many questions on install from people but when they do have them I can get them hooked up over the phone and right back on track.

• Yeah that looks cool..I’m a disabled wheelchair bound vet..I have a rip chair and it’s fun but just not fast enough and I’ve always been a speed freak,raced everything from carts stating at age8 to over 200mph cars and bikes later down the road..
    I’ve been unable to ride a busa again being crippled from the mid chest down..so I built a custom truck with a air system which lays frame..I’ve been thinking of selling my rip chair and buying a sling shot for a yr now..
    The idea of a air system on it seems like it might make it easier to get in and out of if it can be raised up to be level with my wheelchair cushion..
    How many inches of travel up and down from stock height can the system have,? Because I also live on a small ranch with a creek to drive over,and would need the ability to clear it and speed bumps ..
    Any info I would be great full for..do u guys know of anyone who has modded a sling shot for wheelchair users,?

Thank you for your service! I would love to try that rip chair out. Have seen some videos of those and they are pretty awesome. The air ride would definitely help get in, especially with a quick disconnect steering wheel and a helper bar (bullet speed style top you could use to pull yourself up or the new ones they have out specifically for that).

The air ride will give you 4.5" travel down from stock and 2" above for extra ground clearance...

We also have a new +1" kit that will do the same 6.5" adjustment but everything happens 1" higher...

• Yeah that looks cool..I’m a disabled wheelchair bound vet..I have a rip chair and it’s fun but just not fast enough and I’ve always been a speed freak,raced everything from carts stating at age8 to over 200mph cars and bikes later down the road..
    I’ve been unable to ride a busa again being crippled from the mid chest down..so I built a custom truck with a air system which lays frame..I’ve been thinking of selling my rip chair and buying a sling shot for a yr now..
    The idea of a air system on it seems like it might make it easier to get in and out of if it can be raised up to be level with my wheelchair cushion..
    How many inches of travel up and down from stock height can the system have,? Because I also live on a small ranch with a creek to drive over,and would need the ability to clear it and speed bumps ..
    Any info I would be great full for..do u guys know of anyone who has modded a sling shot for wheelchair users,?

Since there are aftermarket companies out there installing automatic transmissions and also the rumor that Polaris will come out with their own automatic version in 19.5' I don't see a reason why it couldn't be done. There is a guy here where I live that has been wanting one since they came out but needed the automatic to make it work for him. We have been looking and discussing a lift to go on the rear that will pick up his chair and swing it around to the rear out of the way until he stops then swing it back to the drivers side again. We have been discussing hydraulics but if you already had an air ride system with the onboard compressor then air would make more sense. There is a metal frame work in the rear under all the plastic that could be connected to that would support such a contraption. Care would need to be taken to protect the wheelchair from coming in contact with the rear wheel. There are folks on this site that have the knowledge and expertise to make something like this happen but I have no idea of the cost involved.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• It's freaking 2018. Someone make this possible...

Can you pls take a couple measurements when u get a chance of the seat height of the sling shot for me..what I’m thinking is if I can get the seat level with my wheelchair cushion ,I can do away with a lot of the issues of getting in and out..I’m thinking the side of the frame can be notched so it can be removable just like a roll bar in a car with locking pins..then have the rear side panels modded so they snap in and out of position ..or even flip up and down so it would only take myself to get in and out..
    The wheelchair can be placed in the passgenger side when alone ...
    So now I either need to cough up some $$ or sell my rip chair which shouldn’t take but a few weeks ,as the wait is about 5 months to get one last time I checked....plus mine is a one off build they did with a custom engine 830cc..while they advertise 800cc they really are using 745cc..and it’s only got 5hrs on it.,,I almost never ride in it or have had it in the mud..
    So it’s new and comes with a second extra new roll cage,extra lights and gun racks a warn winch ,charger,& a few other extras..
    So I need to find a shop that willing to take it on..be it there or has the parts to do it..

Sling shot..
    Plan...1st part ..
    Just to be able to drive it..
    Air suspension..
    Removable side bars with quick Release pins..
    Swing up or snap rear side body panels ..
    Better seats with jell cushions..?
    5 point harness
    Roll bar ..
    Removable steering wheel..
    Paddle shifter with auto clutch..or auto trans ..
    Paddles for hand controls gas,& brake..
    Back up hand control for safety...
    Cruise control..
    Bracket for wheelchair on rear..
    Tie downs for wheelchair on passenger side seat..(when alone)

Down the road..unless it’s somehow cheaper to do it all at once..
    Now for fun...
    Either ..turbos..
    Or a supercharger.....with CAC etc...
    Tuning..
    Exhaust..
    Upgraded brakes..

Toys..for later..
    Rear camera..
    Nav.system..
    Stereo..focal system same 3ways in my truck doors..
    JL 10inch sub..
    1.100.1 Amp..700rms..
    Radar ..lol..

Body..
    front and rear light bars..
    Too soon to know for sure..)

• You what I find a little over looked is the seating ..it just seems that the sling shot should already come set up for a 5 point seatbelt harness ..or as a option with comfortable racing seats which allow the installation of the harness without having to swap out seats..heck even street cars have them in todays worlds as a option..
    Anyone have them installed, ?

• @lrobbi...? Don't think he has a rear fender though...

Your correct, I don't have the rear fender. But I do remember when @WraithSS first did his Air Ride system - he had the rear fender and it unfortunately did not work for this application. BUT that is not to say with some tweaking it might be able to with the correct size rear wheel. Wraith had a 22 on the rear I think, and that was so tight - it would crush the fender.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• not sure how to make this work. I have a rear fender and @StickerDick front fenders, I think I may need to mod either the air ride or the fenders? Anyone have both and willing to share how they did it? ;(

@StickerDick does have front fenders that will work. The version that goes over the top of the tire wont work with the regular kit but may be ok with the +1" version. The other fender version that covers the back of the tire and not the top will work perfectly with either air ride kit.

• Your correct, I don't have the rear fender. But I do remember when @WraithSS first did his Air Ride system - he had the rear fender and it unfortunately did not work for this application. BUT that is not to say with some tweaking it might be able to with the correct size rear wheel. Wraith had a 22 on the rear I think, and that was so tight - it would crush the fender.

We have a few options now for rear fenders or corbin bag with different rear shock mounts. I have run into that same problem a few times at the shows so we had to come up with other options. Here is a pic of one we just did with 22" wheels and rear fender...

• We have a few options now for rear fenders or corbin bag with different rear shock mounts. I have run into that same problem a few times at the shows so we had to come up with other options. Here is a pic of one we just did with 22" wheels and rear fender...

WOW... Nice - I stand corrected - I guess it can be done @Shatneyman that looks really good Mitch

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.