Welcome to ZZPerformance

• "Mitchin"..... The constant complaining of having to spend money on cool shit.

@Andy Hatch just coined a new catch phrase for all you boys and girls.

Maybe I can start having "Mitchin" sales.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Yes please like @kev said can we get some details, throwing things like World Fastest Slingshot around is sure to get attention.

I thought the current king for 1/2 mile(which is what I assume was what @Kyle D set his reccord at) was @StickerDick, he beat both @rabtech and @Dave@DDMWorks slingshot and those are some heavily modified slingshots.

The slingshot in the picture looks basic from the aerodynamic point of view, so some details regarding the setup are greatly appreciated.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I do love that added radiator for extra cooling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @kev and @Neosolidus This is true. On Tuesday July 3rd, I went to the Battle Creek MI Speed Fest event and ran my slingshot to 131.12mph in the 1/2mi. Prior to that, @StickerDick held the record at 130.62mph. Mark and I have already spoken on FB and he congratulated me on my accomplishment like a true gentleman.

So far everyone I have encountered here on the forums and FB pages has been great from just general chatting and answering questions that I had.

I will be seeing all of you in Ocala FL for the WannaGoFast 1/2mi event. The reality is, @StickerDick and @rabtech are going to be setting the bar in Ocala and they will set it high. They are no doubt going to be the guys everyone will need to try to beat and it’s not going to be remotely easy. Although, I will give it my best shot in the name of good fun and friendly competition.

Having "the fastest slingshot in the 1/2mi" title is cool, but at the end of the day, for me, this is about friendly competition, having fun, and making new friends along the way regardless if I am the fastest or not. I am REALLY looking forward to just meeting everyone I've seen on the forums and FB pages in FL to put faces with names.

Oh, I have also since beat my last time in the 1/4mi which was previously 12.67 @107mph. I went last night and ran 12.26 @ 114.77mph. I have attached my time slip below. I had some belt slippage issues on that run and firmly believe that it COULD have been a high 11s run. I'm shooting for the current record of 11.2 @ 126mph and am hoping to break that by the end of the season but shaving off an entire second is not going to be easy especially still being on the stock bottom end.

As far as my setup, I still have the stock bottom end, head, cams, springs, valve train, drive train, and am running an off the shelf turbo kit that we make here at ZZPerformance. As far as aero, it is all stock but that may or may not change by the time I get to Ocala. It's a work in progress and it takes time. For wheels and tires, on the front, it is all stock. On the rear, I have added a JMS 18” drag wheel that’s not as light as I anticipated with a 305 Micky Thompson ET Street SS drag radial.

If anyone has any additional questions, I am happy to answer them. Thank you for welcoming me here in the forums and I look forward to meeting anyone who goes to Ocala in October.

• @DKF Texas We will be releasing the rear radiator mod soon. This is honestly one of my favorite mods we have. I got so tired of roasting in the cockpit and being blasted relentlessly by hot air every time the fans kicked on. This solves that issue. The fans kick on at 180*-185* and pulls all that hot air out of the back of the SS so the fans in the front never turn on. The only downside is you are limited to a 305 in the rear. But so far, I am doing ok on the 305. We are also looking to revise it in the future so you can run any size tire you want on the rear but that is still in the R&D phase.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Pleasure to meet you.
    Hope to see in Okala
    Be safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Kyle D sorry if my comment came out a bit rude that was not my intention , I just wanted to know more about the person who just took the gavel from Mark since before this I had not heard your name around here.

Especially details about the machine itself, engine and boost details, we can see that you have a radiator in the rear like the monster but really not much is known about your machine.

PS. Grats on achieving that awesome time and looking forward to your next results.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I spent about 10grand with these guys years ago with my Cobalt. After a fartload of delays and months later the car ran solid for almost an entire day before getting massive amounts of knock, speedo issues, cam failure, then I sold it. Fool me once.

• @Kyle D Glad to see you over on this forum!

I'm really looking forward to the race in Ocala this fall. When you can get all the vehicles together on the same track, on the same day, in the same weather it puts the quietus on some/all the "it wasn't under the same conditions" BS!

Aerodynamics? @rabtech made several passes at the last event and made several adjustments. None of which seemed to make a lot of difference. The adjustments I mentioned weren't aerodynamic adjustments per say but as a result of the between rounds thrashings he did make at least one pass without the hood on there which you would expect to make some difference positive or negative. I can't help but believe lowering the SS as much as practical, removing the mirrors ect would be to some benefit in the 1/2 mile effort. I'm sure as we go forward we will see many things attempted to improve our chances at a better result. This is why I believe it is important to set some loose standards to create "classes" that our machines can fit into. That way we can continue to compare apples to apples and not end up with lemons. jes sayin

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868