Backup camera constantly on

• Was riding through my hometown this afternoon and looked at infotainment center and my backup camera was on even though I was in 2nd gear. Shifted through all the gears and stayed on. Finally stopped, went into reverse and out a couple of times and it went off. Not sure what happened. Transmission switch stick or what?

• I was thinking the same thing... wonder if there is a way to make the transmission switch cycle on command?

It’s really cool to push a switch and it pop on so you can see the full screen behind you going down the road....... I’m catching myself watching this more than looking at the radio...especially with those useless out side mirrors........!

• It’s really cool to push a switch and it pop on so you can see the full screen behind you going down the road....... I’m catching myself watching this more than looking at the radio...especially with those useless out side mirrors........!

@larry, I forget...did you post your build somewhere for that little project?

• @larry, I forget...did you post your build somewhere for that little project?

No I didn’t, you would have to ask rab, I was there holding the radio he was doing all the wiring, after trying to get to the harness on the transmission, he decided to connect it to a dash switch.....you would have to take half the sling apart to get to the switch on the tranny....

• It’s really cool to push a switch and it pop on so you can see the full screen behind you going down the road....... I’m catching myself watching this more than looking at the radio...especially with those useless out side mirrors........!

I don't think the mirrors are useless at all. If you set them to wear they are barely have the vehicle in the corners then you got excellent visibility with very little blind spot. I don't worry about who is behind me when riding down the road.

• I don't think the mirrors are useless at all. If you set them to wear they are barely have the vehicle in the corners then you got excellent visibility with very little blind spot. I don't worry about who is behind me when riding down the road.

@Aceman if you road on our interstate’s we have here or our lovely back roads at any speeds above 60mph you would understand about the mirror issue, our sling is a 2016 model and they suck past 60 mph, I get nothing but vibration in my mirrors.... can’t tell what is behind me nor beside me know I don’t care what’s behind me but I’m not always in the front..my point being it’s cool to know what’s behind you with a push of a button especially the side view....

• @Aceman if you road on our interstate’s we have here or our lovely back roads at any speeds above 60mph you would understand about the mirror issue, our sling is a 2016 model and they suck past 60 mph, I get nothing but vibration in my mirrors.... can’t tell what is behind me nor beside me know I don’t care what’s behind me but I’m not always in the front..my point being it’s cool to know what’s behind you with a push of a button especially the side view....

I think it was just a couple of days ago that someone posted how much vibration is gone when they use a small bit of fuel hose between the mirror and housing .... can't remember who to give credit to though maybe @wjfyfe

• I think it was just a couple of days ago that someone posted how much vibration is gone when they use a small bit of fuel hose between the mirror and housing .... can't remember who to give credit to though maybe @wjfyfe

@Ross you are correct I seen that same post and I plan on trying that fuel line hose fix this weekend... :thumbup:

• I haven't noticed vibration in my mirrors. I'll try riding the SS tomorrow morning up above 60mph and see if it vibrates to hell. I do remember going at least 55mph and didn't notice anything abnormal.

• I haven't noticed vibration in my mirrors. I'll try riding the SS tomorrow morning up above 60mph and see if it vibrates to hell. I do remember going at least 55mph and didn't notice anything abnormal.

As @KayTwo would say... There's your problem... How long have you owned a Slingshot? And it hasn't been over 55mph?

Just give me the keys...

That needs to be your normal... And yes, this is stock (just CAI at the time)...

• As @KayTwo would say... There's your problem... How long have you owned a Slingshot? And it hasn't been over 55mph?
    Just give me the keys...

That needs to be your normal... And yes, this is stock (just CAI at the time)...

Thats awesome...except what is the Brake Failure Light on for?!? DID YOU BRAKE IT! LOL Sorry!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• As @KayTwo would say... There's your problem... How long have you owned a Slingshot? And it hasn't been over 55mph?
    Just give me the keys...

LOL! I just took it out today for a spin. I hit 60mph but no noticeable vibration coming from the mirrors. In fact, i was very pleased to cruise it today as it got LOTS of attention. I'm a little under 300 miles on it so still breaking it in. The SS has a fair amount of torque down low and it's what makes riding it in so exciting. I can't imagine what a FI SS would feel like.

-M

• I don't think the mirrors are useless at all. If you set them to wear they are barely have the vehicle in the corners then you got excellent visibility with very little blind spot. I don't worry about who is behind me when riding down the road.

The mirrors on my 2017 SLR are rock solid and I like to see what's behind me. POPO's gonna get you dude.

• I think it was just a couple of days ago that someone posted how much vibration is gone when they use a small bit of fuel hose between the mirror and housing .... can't remember who to give credit to though maybe @wjfyfe

Try using a strip of felt instead. I’ve got some 1/4 inch felt strips stuck between the mirrors and the housing. Zero, nada, no vibration in the mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter