Something is killing my back fender

• Yes and no......I might cut off the very bottom part...I like the reflector idea...but someone makes red lights to replace the reflectors. Was considering adding them.

About the “L” shaped reflectors ....I was in the show room looking around and one was laying on the floor under a new SS.... they couldn’t even get them to stick long enough to make it out the door.... one is still stuck on mine and the other one I found in my driveway...

They need to use 3M tape...

Many states require them to be there....

• Look at the new rear fender....it has a grove to keep the license plate holder from hitting it...

I guess they have to considering they insist on having that hideous extended plate holder.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just took a heat gun and warmed up the plastic license plate holder and gave it a 45 degree bend up. Still very visible but zero chance of contact with my fender.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• I like the heavy duty brackets...mine snapped off under 1000 miles..
    Does it connect to the front of the swing arm?

Someone posted a video on YouTube of his rear wheel during a normal ride...that thing bounces you and down a lot....so if you have any hard bumps I can see why my license plate bracket is hitting the fender.

• Just noticed that every model of Metricks fender offered for sale on Slingmods says under options that a license plate relocator is required

which fender do you have Bigdog?

• My hours of paint work is ruined.

yep - looks like the Metricks Hugger - - - look at slingmods under options they very clearly say a license plate re-locator is required and have a drop down box to select one if you do not already have one - - - Apparently they are aware that the stock plate setup will hit the fender - here is a screen shot

• Sure after I sacrificed my fender during the license plate bracket fender destruction research project.

its not something new - metricks on their own site even sells the relocator - guess you just missed it - - - - - - oh well, you know now :D