Something is killing my back fender

• As everyone knows I painted my own rear fender. And everything that went with that fiasco. Well now after my beautiful paint job my fender looks like someone is hitting it with a hammer. I have now idea what’s causing this distruction.

These chips happened at different times.

• very odd looks like something is hitting it and not from the tire but from the outside - whatever it is is not only chipping but it looks like it is making long scratches

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I would suspect rocks kicked up from the tire. The one on the left surely looks like a clean hit off the tire. The one top center could have been a ricochet down off the rear of the Sling, or a weird straight from the tire rock hit.

Somewhere there are pics of the spectacular rooster tails the Sling can create on wet surface. That would show the trajectories of possible rocks and your fender doesn't cover all of them. ;)

• As everyone knows I painted my own rear fender. And everything that went with that fiasco. Well now after my beautiful paint job my fender looks like someone is hitting it with a hammer. I have now idea what’s causing this distruction.

Asked...

I’m not sure if the scratches are from the neighborhood cat that sleeps in my SS driver seat or something else.

And answered...?

• Try putting a cardboard box over the fender to keep the cat off. If no new marks show up while parked... If marks show up during a drive, you know it's not the cat.

Not conclusive...

We should use infrared thermal motion activated cameras...4 of them mounted around the slingshot and have 24 hour surveillance around the clock for at least 3-4 weeks. Get the logs uploaded and once we have been able to analyze the footage and had the video forensics dept ensure that it was not altered in any way we will be able to determine if the suspect in question is indeed the feline you have elluded to in a previous post or another suspect all together. Cost of this endevour would be about 15,000 dollars for equipt and manpower (discounted from my normal charge for a fellow forum member). I could get started immediately if you would like to forward via pay-pal (friends & family of course) the funds and we will get to the bottom of this nefarious act!

I am sorry you have to go thru this but let get to the bottom of this I say!!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Try putting a cardboard box over the fender to keep the cat off. If no new marks show up while parked... If marks show up during a drive, you know it's not the cat.

Just kill the dam cat one problem solved ( I hate cats can you tell )

you know more about your Slingshot than we do, tell us more because it could be aliens or rocks or the Bermuda Triangle - did it happen all at once or a little everyday - did you travel on rocky roads - is there a neighborhood kid who got a hammer for his birthday - did it get clipped by a truck door - we want to help but WAG is all we got without better info

• you know more about your Slingshot than we do, tell us more because it could be aliens or rocks or the Bermuda Triangle - did it happen all at once or a little everyday - did you travel on rocky roads - is there a neighborhood kid who got a hammer for his birthday - did it get clipped by a truck door - we want to help but WAG is all we got without better info

I have been on roads that were freshly chipped. It looks like the rear fender paint is going to be sacrificed as part of the fun of driving? Probablely should have put the chip guard stuff on it? FYI for anyone adding a new rear fender.....put the chip guard on it..

• Let's see, you did your own work on the suspension and now you are complaining bout your tires cupping? You installed your own rear fender and now you are complaining about it cracking? Is there a pattern developing here?

Bill

as I have previously stated...the dealer did an alignment when they changed the rack....now was it done by someone that knows how?

And I’m not sure the frame is perfectly straight because of the lack of info when I bought an untitled SS and they called it used. WHY....

Reading different articles if the ride height changes so does the alignment...so changing the sway bar, links and shocks could have done it...so now the question becomes...how many of you that changed these items had your SS realigned?