Something is killing my back fender

• as I have previously stated...the dealer did an alignment when they changed the rack....now was it done by someone that knows how?
    And I’m not sure the frame is perfectly straight because of the lack of info when I bought an untitled SS and they called it used. WHY....

Reading different articles if the ride height changes so does the alignment...so changing the sway bar, links and shocks could have done it...so now the question becomes...how many of you that changed these items had your SS realigned?

Changing the swaybar does not change your alignment. Changing the shocks....unless you went drastically from the original height...will not change the alignment (toe) enough to notice. You cannot change the camber or caster without shimming the control arms which again is not necessary unless you decided to drastically altered the ride height.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I have had full fenders on my Slingshot now for almost 3 years on all wheels and never see any of what you are showing.
    Other than backing out of garage last fall and cracking right front fender in center for not paying attention.

Are you going down stone driveways at fast pace???

Show the whole rear fender picture to get better look at what you have.

• I have had full fenders on my Slingshot now for almost 3 years on all wheels and never see any of what you are showing.
    Other than backing out of garage last fall and cracking right front fender in center for not paying attention.

Are you going down stone driveways at fast pace???

Show the whole rear fender picture to get better look at what you have.

Excuse me sir...but I think I see a speck of dirt...rigggghhhhtttt there! :whistling:

Sir that is definitely a white slingshot. I like how everything is white....It has to be a bitch to keep clean?!? :thumbsup:

Great looking sling!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• thank U...Going to be cutting front end off very soon to get rid of lower spoiler look
    and more stream line look..Hopefully..

this was my third body attempt and was getting tired of working on it..LOL

Picture of new cleaned up rear with bars removed and box inserts and new gas cap made from original cap

• Clearly it's the glove in the picture...

Odds are that rocks that slip pass the fender, catch onto the glove, or rather the glove catches the rocks and then flings them back at the fender. Kind of like a game of "slingshot in the middle"...

That process repeats until the cat shows up and scratches the fender to nibble on the glove.

• I like the glove in the picture - - you cover your plate number so your friends here who you are asking for help cant see it yet when you are out driving around it is not covered and every person on the road including the government agents who put the GPS tracker in your Slingshot can clearly read it.

Its nice that you feel you need to keep this hidden from your friends yet you are willing to share it with every single person you share the road with

we are not the ones who put the cameras in your house or hid the GPS in your slingshot

:whistling:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It’s not my friends here I’m worried about...it’s my enemies here and there and everywhere...maybe I should have covered it with tin foil...

• It’s not my friends here I’m worried about...it’s my enemies here and there and everywhere...maybe I should have covered it with tin foil...

YOU HAVE ENEMIES?!? =O ........HERE?!?!?!? 8o NOOOOOOOOO We are all one big happy family! Although every family has their red headed step children and this one does to but they're still family! :D

SSREAPER

• I have never seen a fender that chewed up from any every day riding..
    So either you did not prep it right or you are picking up not stones but rocks to do that damage..
    I suggest you remove the fender and just stick with stones and rocks hitting back plastic of SS rear that will never show that kind of damage.

Or get out your sander and refinish and if it happens this bad again then you will be sanding every year ..

The only other thing is the fender is flexing being hit and your paint is not and may want to put flex agent in paint.

Good Luck

• Jack up the sling by the swing arm and see if the license plate is contacting the fender. I saw this a few years ago on a sling at Metricks shop. If so it requires a plate relocation as offered by Metricks and others.

IIRC, you posted somewhere you have your shocks set as soft as possible. If so, maybe the plate is hitting something.