What hood extension?

• The last meet I was at it seem everyone had the hood extension that allows the hood to open farther so fat asses like me can get under the hood. I was told a few different ones were out there. So my question is what brand is the gooder one.
    I really need to install this before I get the hood pins so I was told. Hopefully in the process I can line up the passenger side latch so it dont catch, I always have to pull it up put a rag under it so I can open the hood. Yep I have a lot of issues.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Holy smokes thanks for that rag idea. That’s brilliant. I’m gonna screw around with my latches again and see if I can stop the catching, but the rag idea is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Holy smokes thanks for that rag idea. That’s brilliant. I’m gonna screw around with my latches again and see if I can stop the catching, but the rag idea is a winner.

Painter told me what to do to fix it but I was drinking bourbon and forgot. Something about loosing the hinges at the front I think. Like I said I forgot. I keep a rag under the E-brake.

• IMO both the Madstad and the DDMWorks hinge extension work very well. I currently have the Madstad hinges and have never had any issues with them, I however love the looks of the DDMWorks hinges. Compare the two side by side to make your choice.

When I install the Fender Buttons I now make a number of hood latch adjustments as part of the my installs. There is some that need parts replaced but most are a few simple adjustments.

The latest version of the Fender Buttons allows full adjustments to allow for hinges to be installed afterwards.

• I went with the DDM hinges because of the excellent customer service @Dave@DDMWorks provides to all of his customers. His reputation is equal to that of our own beloved @mniron. They get my money because they take care of their customers. EVEN WHEN ITS ME WHO SCREWS UP!!

JMHO!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I think Twist Dynamics may have bought the MadStad design or are now marketing it under their name. I say this because I bought a set of used MadStad hinges (the seller switched to DDM Works hinges) and Googled for MadStad extended hood hinge instructions and got links to Twist Dynamics hinges and they look identical.
    IIRC, there were some complaints about the MadStad hinges initially. Don't know if it was poor instructions, a design problem or if they released a new version. Haven't heard any negative comments about the DDM Works hinges.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I think Twist Dynamics may have ought the MadStad design or are now marketing it under their name. I say this because I bought a set of used MadStad hinges (the seller switched to DDM Works hinges) and Googled for MadStad extended hood hinge instructions and got links to Twist Dynamics hinges and they look identical.
    IIRC, there were some complaints about the MadStad hinges initially. Don't know if it was poor instructions, a design problem or f they released a new version. Haven't heard any negative comments about tthe DDM Works hinges.

You might just be right because I could not find them on madstad.com

• Slingshot only, MadStad and Twist are all the same now....

Hey Guys,

I keep seeing comments like this pop up around the forums, and I would like to clear things up. Madstad is not, and has never been the same as Twist Dynamics, or SSO. We are our own company, we manufacture our own products in house here in Brooksville, Florida. We do work with Twist Dynamics on some products, and that is why some of our original products have moved over to the Twist Brand. We are always pushing to create new, unique products and you can expect to see us releasing some cool new stuff in the near future! :thumbup: - Cody

• Hey Guys,

I keep seeing comments like this pop up around the forums, and I would like to clear things up. Madstad is not, and has never been the same as Twist Dynamics, or SSO. We are our own company, we manufacture our own products in house here in Brooksville, Florida. We do work with Twist Dynamics on some products, and that is why some of our original products have moved over to the Twist Brand. We are always pushing to create new, unique products and you can expect to see us releasing some cool new stuff in the near future! :thumbup: - Cody

Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I need to look at the options. I was down at Maggie and was about to pull the trigger on DDM and like the look, but they weren’t offering any discounts there at the show and their venders had them on sale for less than list price. Was a lot of talk around the tent about not offering pricing discounts at the show. Have to agree that better pricing would have gotten my business for those and more.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• I need to look at the options. I was down at Maggie and was about to pull the trigger on DDM and like the look, but they weren’t offering any discounts there at the show and their venders had them on sale for less than list price. Was a lot of talk around the tent about not offering pricing discounts at the show. Have to agree that better pricing would have gotten my business for those and more.

Hey Salty
    Just wanted to let you know that Slingmods has the DDM Hinges on sale right now. 199.00 free shipping and a free hat or shirt with purchase and double points...ends tomorrow.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

If I'm not mistaken, DDM usually has free installations on their products at the events. Depending on the item, it's a far better deal than just a 10 or 15% discount from a vendor

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hey Guys,

My sincere apologies sir..

• If I'm not mistaken, DDM usually has free installations on their products at the events. Depending on the item, it's a far better deal than just a 10 or 15% discount from a vendor

Well, for me, some things I will buy just because it's a good deal as I really don't "need" hood extensions and valve covers and such... but if I feel I'm getting a good deal that shouldn't be passed up, I have no issues getting the wrenches out. I had actually just said "what the hell" on the last day a few hours before we left and checked, but just not going to pay full price. To be fair, I didn't ask them for a discount, but I definitely purchased quite a bit from slingshot only as their sale prices were right there. No big deal. I can wait for the end of the year sales... as I said, I don't need these, just would have been nice... and they look awesome. In most cases, I'll take the 10-15% as that is 10-15% more I have to spend on something else.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates