Jared & Ross & Randy & Doug's Excellent Adventure

• No wonder Sara got queasy. I had no idea we were going that fast!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Sunday, July 29, 2018
    Part I - The Journey Home Begins - Sundre, Alberta, Canada to Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat], Alberta Canada

Morning came far too quickly. It came quite and it stayed that way. The mood had gone from upbeat to sober as we all realized that we needed to return home. The realization that we didn't get enough time to talk to everyone for long enough had set in and we just wanted our weekend to extend even longer.

The rain we rain into yesterday in Baniff and Canmore has taken its toll on our rides

We decided to go out for some breakfast at a place recommended by Derek and Carre from the Twisted Pantry. The back deck, where we ate, had a view of some big old trout

One last photo of Sundre before we head to the Canadian Badlands on then on to Medicine Hat

The occasional bale

but lots more canoloa

Some quick facts about canola

The Canadian Badlands

our route included a short ferry ride

• Sunday, July 29, 2018
    Part II - The Journey Home Begins - Sundre, Alberta, Canada to Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat], Alberta Canada

We were the only folks headed south so we had the ferry all to ourselves - @exharleyrider checking out the river crossing wondering if his seat cushion doubled as a flotation device while @KayTwo wondered if his military credentials mean that @exharleyrider and I would have to call him captain or admiral during during our water voyage

Back on shore in less than 10 minutes and we're back on the road

A pano of our stop at Horse Thief Canyon

• Sunday, July 29, 2018
    Part III - The Journey Home Begins - Sundre, Alberta, Canada to Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat], Alberta Canada

All of the small towns in the Canadian Badlands had dinosaurs - this part of Canada is know for the numerous fossils that have been found

But at times it felt like we were in a Godzilla movie

Where's Mothera

• Sunday, July 29, 2018
    Part IV - The Journey Home Begins - Sundre, Alberta, Canada to Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat], Alberta Canada

As the sun began to set we put our foot in the gas to get to the Hat

Some videos from the day

The Ferry

Rollin Through The Canadian Badlands [with one wrong turn]

• Monday, July 20, 2018
    Part I - The Journey Home - Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat] to Worland, ND via Theodore Roosevelt National Park (South and North)

This is the last of our sightseeing days - bitter sweet at best

Up early for the boring drive to the border and through MT - but @exharleyrider and @KayTwo are in tow

The road from the Hat to ND is pretty plain Jane - the occasional building is a treat - I think this was a chuck or a school house

@KayTwo was counting hay bales but gave up somewhere around 30,000

Cool building

We arrive at Theodore Roosevelt National Park - South (TRNP-S)

TRNP-S is a loop and most of it was under construction (laying new roadway)

The sights are a lot like the Badlands of SD and Canada

Just in case you didn't know

• Monday, July 20, 2018
    Part II - The Journey Home - Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat] to Worland, ND via Theodore Roosevelt National Park (South and North)

Waiting in line for a one lane road section. @exharleyrider had paid the guy in the water truck $20 bucks to pull up along side @KayTwo .... guy wanted $10 and no one had change

@exharleyrider

Gophers - lots and lots of gophers

little buggers like the Slingshot as much as we do

• Monday, July 20, 2018
    Part IV - The Journey Home - Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat] to Worland, ND via Theodore Roosevelt National Park (South and North)

About an hour north of TRNP-S is TRNP-North. Far fewer visitors - come at dusk or dawn to see the wildlife ... we arrived at dusk

Recent rains left an interesting mud pattern at our first stop

Amazing how wind and rain can wear away different rocks at different rates and leave amazing shapes

In case you're wondering how big those boulders are - here's this years TRNP-N model @KayTwo

• Monday, July 20, 2018
    Part VII - The Journey Home - Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat] to Worland, ND via Theodore Roosevelt National Park (South and North)

Some things are best to pass by in neutral without a loud exhaust or with the clutch depressed in 1st gear ready to punch it

• Monday, July 20, 2018
    Part VIII - The Journey Home - Medicine Hat [aka. The Hat, Hat] to Worland, ND via Theodore Roosevelt National Park (South and North)

Stats from the day

TRNP-S

TRNP-N

Videos from the day

• Passing Some Amish
    • TRNP-S
    • TRNP-N
  • @RossI just have to say it again thank you for taking us along with you on the epic journey. Your pics are great and just like we were there with you, which we were, but I have to say again, VERY GOOD JOB! I know I am talking for a lot of us in the family. Thanks again.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down