For those running 20" or larger Wheels...

• I am about to pull the trigger on a set of wheels and I am trying to figure out a couple of things.

1. Size of wheel you are running?
    2. Are you running the Welter Exhaust?
    3. How is the ride?
    4. Have you upgraded suspension?

I have about 2-3 days to put the order in. Just trying to get as much info as I can.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Fronts, or back, or both? 20 is not big on the rear, but is big on the front.

What tire sizes for sidewall you thinking?

The best look and performance combo with good tire choices are 18/20 or 19/20 fronts to back.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Fronts, or back, or both? 20 is not big on the rear, but is big on the front.

What tire sizes for sidewall you thinking?

The best look and performance combo with good tire choices are 18/20 or 19/20 fronts to back.

God I hate to admit it...but I am looking at 20X9 for the front and 22X10.5...forgot the front tire size, but the rear 295/25/22...

• Get yourself some big ole wheels! Yeehaw! ;)

It's all about what you want man. You already know that there is little/nothing to gain in performance from this type of setup. Rear tire really isn't that wide to help with traction, small sidewalls mean a harsher ride, large fronts make steering less responsive, etc. etc. It will probably look cool though!

@Oldfogey has Welters and depending on his suspension adjustments on the QA1s, his 345/25/20 wheel will rub on the rear pipes when set really soft. Added 2 more inches is probably really going to cut it close, but you could run it stiffer in the rear and/or raise your ride height.

The below shows the closest tire rolling diameter combo to stock if you go this route...

• I doubt I am going to track it, my biggest concern is the ride comfort. I do plan on doing QA1's next week at SSITR...so I was thinking it might be ok going with the bigger wheels. If the Welter rubs on the 20 then I got no chance with the 22s. Man I actually don't mind the ride height going up since we have so many speed bumps in Colorado Springs and the driveways are all pretty steep.

• You need to ping Welter @angie@WP @JeffWelter to see what their feedback is on a rear 22 inch wheel with the rear Welter setup. I am sure they will know. They had to install or try to install a bunch on these at the east coast SSTakeover Meetups. Lots of people running big wheels out that way.

PS - You don't do big wheels and expect ride comfort. Again, you already know this buddy. ha

PS PS - I wasn't referring to track performance above. Track wheels should be 17/18 or 18/18 for the win!

Edited once, last by TravAZ ().

• You need to ping Welter @'angie@WP' @JeffWelter to see what their feedback is on a rear 22 inch wheel with the rear Welter setup. I am sure they will know. They had to install or try to install a bunch on these at the east coast SSTakeover Meetups. Lots of people running big wheels out that way.

PS - You don't do big wheels and expect ride comfort. Again, you already know this buddy. ha

PS PS - I wasn't referring to track performance above. Track wheels should be 17/18 or 18/18 for the win!

I think I am going to pass on the wheels at this point...I might get talked in to something at SSITR and that scares me lol.

• Have you changed out suspension at all?

No I have not changed the suspension or done anything like that at all. Yet. The other mods I have done are all visual like LED, or radio / speakers, backup camera, and the roof. I am going to start looking at doing a wing and shocks and all of that but haven't done any of it yet.

• Ok to answer you question. I run 22's all the way around with the welter exhaust and QA1 shocks. So here is the deal. Does not handle well with 22's on the front. And as far as the rear you will have to put a lot of Preload in the shock so that it does not hit the exhaust. And every once in a while you will still have a light rub on large bumps... My rear tire is a 305/25/22... It will ride a little rough because of not having any side wall. If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer...

• Ok to answer you question. I run 22's all the way around with the welter exhaust and QA1 shocks. So here is the deal. Does not handle well with 22's on the front. And as far as the rear you will have to put a lot of Preload in the shock so that it does not hit the exhaust. And every once in a while you will still have a light rub on large bumps... My rear tire is a 305/25/22... It will ride a little rough because of not having any side wall. If you have any more questions I will do my best to answer...

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was/am still considering going 20"/22" but this means I either have to forget the welter, so I can soften up the rear end for a comfortable ride or, get smaller wheels. Thanks so much!

• This is exactly what I was looking for. I was/am still considering going 20"/22" but this means I either have to forget the welter, so I can soften up the rear end for a comfortable ride or, get smaller wheels. Thanks so much!

My pleasure sir. I love the looks but sometimes the ride Pisses me off.... You know you live and learn. ?(

• I don't have anything but stock mods for exhaust and shocks. I have the 20/22 setup. I have not found an issue with 20s on the front for handling. I think sometimes that they are a little touchy as the slightest twitch and it reacts. but it sticks to the road and I am taking stop light turns at 40 without hitting the breaks and loving it. tight grip. the setup is from roaring toyz and the tires are delente. I think that is how you spell it lol.