Tennessee HP Slingshot

• Slightly off-topic, but I have a BIG problem with asset forfeiture when it occurs w/o a conviction, simply because the police might have some suspicions about why someone has a lot of cash with them. Convict someone of a crime and take their assets, no problem. Take stuff simply because you question their reasoning? How can that be legal?

• TST Slingshot.
    Looks like a very restricted use machine...

Hell, with ground clearance like that, a train running a dirt road could out run it!

And if this was in my rear view with lights flashing...
    Must be time for the parade to start.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• TST Slingshot.
    Looks like a very restricted use machine...

Hell, with ground clearance like that, a train running a dirt road could out run it!

And if this was in my rear view with lights flashing...
    Must be time for the parade to start.

THP has lots of SVUs and Pick-ups for the back roads and off roads. The Sling would be for the twists, of which we got a bunch.

That being said, I don’t see a reason to run down offenders on The Dragon. Put a cop with a radar in the middle and a couple more at the ends to issue the tickets. Where you gonna go? There aren’t any escape roads...just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Like they say....you can't out run the radio! On the other end a good attorney can argue the case if they don't have a good plate capture or video of your face as you zoom by LOL Of course none of us law abiding citizens would be caught speeding..key words are..."caught speeding" LOL JK

• I got a good police repo story back in like 2001 or 2002 I did a huge stereo in a brand new Tahoe. I had the truck for two weeks at the shop and did about $20,000 in stereo and tv’s custom box for four 15’s and six amps and multiple batteries and a 200 amp stinger alternator. So I finish the truck on a Friday customer comes in and pays in cash. That night he lets a buddy drive it to the store that buddy gets pulled over for loud stereo and has coke and weed in his pocket. The police repo the car. Since the truck had no loan it also was paid in cash. They just kept it for a police trophy and used it as a example for a few years. So basically the guy that bought it spent a little over sixty grand for truck and stereo and had it for a hour or so. When I had it in the shop it had like 15 miles on it. These guys were all street pharmacist so they reep what they sow. I asked the guy who owned the truck about how he felt and he said I’ll bring you another truck. He did just that.

• I will up that story one. A hard working father who was an up and coming musician traveling from state to state doing any and every job he could get was pulled over. Back story--His music group would sell t-shirts, music cassettes, posters..anything they could make money selling after their shows. They were pulled over on their way back to Texas by a good local sheriff who spotted their nice SUV with wheels. No drugs were found but of course they had cash and merchandise gear. The officer asked if the cash was from drugs and they replied multiple times no. The officer informed them he'd not arrest them or tow their vehicle if they'd sign the paperwork giving up the cash (he didn't care for the t-shirts, hats and music lol). They refused to sign the paperwork so he promptly read them their rights, arrested them all and called for a tow. The local sheriff had a nice little scam going where he'd shake down travelers between Louisiana and Texas border. They hired an attorney to fight the illegal seizure and won their case but lost money as they had to hire an attorney--as they weren't reimbursed for their expenses! Sometimes the law designed to stop the real drug dealers is used to target innocent travelers. FYI--the same sheriff seized money from a family on their way to bury a family member where it made the national news.

On a personal note, I had an officer attempt this same crap pulling me over where I did not consent to a search. Very unpleasant experience when you're a law abiding citizen who works hard and play hard...listening to Ramsey and Suzy about paying cash and not carrying debt...yeah right!! LOL Just don't get pulled over with emergency cash in case you break down cut off from the real world.