Slingshade is a bust!

• I bought the slingshade as an option with my new 2018 and it came in about 3 weeks ago and they installed it. I thought everything was fine until I got home to see that the passenger's side t-top isn't lining up properly with the magnets. Also the other side has some paneling that doesn't line up flush together. Took the SS in yesterday to get it adjusted and they told me that there was no way of adjusting it and that they would need to order a new one.

Ugghh..

• I have heard of more people having trouble with that top. You’d think for what it cost and the time they took to bring it to market it would be perfect just like the Slingshot is. Wait a minute......

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas

• Took a closer look at the Slingshade on a dealer model a couple of weeks back. Always like the lines of that top but I was not at all impressed with the quality once I got up close to one. Flimsy junk. Come on Polaris, for the price you charge for that top it should be rock solid. I'd go with a Twist Dynamics gull wing top before I would ever think about the Shade.

• I have heard of more people having trouble with that top. You’d think for what it cost and the time they took to bring it to market it would be perfect just like the Slingshot is. Wait a minute......

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

It remains to be seen if they have taken care of the body panel figment issues from day one on the 2019 models....if they haven’t...what makes you think they care about the top fitting properly....it would make the rest of the body panels look shitty.

• Wondering if you can tell did it warp or was it misaligned from the start

Nah, it came in and the service department installed it. It was misaligned when I got it.

Furthermore, it may be a flimsy piece of plastic, but it does look pretty. :) And it seems like a natural part of the vehicle. The shade does block the sun quite well, so not all bad.

-M

• Someone else originally posted this...can't remember who ....

Said it was on the dealers lot this way ......

That's some quality control dont'cha know ....... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Nothing like spending over $1k+ for Junk...Like others said, for money and time to produce, should be flawless..So enginners a little off or quality control??? :whistling:

@Aceman can you return?? Gullwing, Bullet, MeanSling are all SOLID :thumbsup:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• as an interested observer I am coming to the conclusion that the best looking tops may not be the most functional and that spending more money doesn't necessarily mean its better

my wife and I have talked about tops and the fact that even with a top the sun is still going to beat on you when it is coming in at an angle

looking at all of the tops and trying to judge which one probably does the best at keeping the sun off of the occupants at the most angles and to me the MeanSling Top looks like it would easily be the best at this. Add to this the ease of removability and the fact that it is the least expensive option and it seems like if function is what you value then the other tops are a waste of $$

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• looking at all of the tops and trying to judge which one probably does the best at keeping the sun off of the occupants at the most angles and to me the MeanSling Top looks like it would easily be the best at this. Add to this the ease of removability and the fact that it is the least expensive option and it seems like if function is what you value then the other tops are a waste of $$

Good analysis!

• Nothing like spending over $1k+ for Junk...Like others said, for money and time to produce, should be flawless..So enginners a little off or quality control??? :whistling:

@Aceman can you return?? Gullwing, Bullet, MeanSling are all SOLID :thumbsup:

Not trying to make excuses for Polaris, but considering the weight restraints they are under with the SlingShot, are they maybe trying to get a too sophisticated look using too light of materials?

Bill

• Not trying to make excuses for Polaris, but considering the weight restraints they are under with the SlingShot, are they maybe trying to get a too sophisticated look using too light of materials?
    Bill

From what I have read those weight restraints are set by Polaris and I think there trying to cut their own throats with them. Once word gets out that it's a shitty product no one will want to buy it, and that's just what's happening.

• Some of us who have bought them are happy with them. I bet that none of us are happy with what we paid for them! I'm glad there are plenty models and manufactures to choose from that way we can all be happy. One plus of trying one of the other tops first is that if you are not happy with it and want to try something different you won't take as big a hit financially as you would with the sling shade. Even though I haven't seen any used ones for sale I wouldn't expect the resale to be too good. jes my .o2

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868