Circuit load help, please

• Pressed for time, have not searched my question.
    How many amps is the accessory plug in the rear center console fused for?
    Also, the plugs under the seat that may have been put in for a future upgrade for heated seats.....how many amps can it be used for, safely?
    Want to use heated gear in this position, temporarily until I have time for something better.
    Thanks for your help!

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• Fuse info from my 2015 Owner's Manual -
    Fuses / Circuit Breakers
    Ignition 10A Breaker
    Headlight 30A Breaker
    Gauges 5A
    Radio 25A
    Turn Signal / Horn 20A
    Fuel Pump 10A
    ECM 10A Breaker
    Powertrain 20A Breaker
    Fan 20A Breaker
    Accessory 25A
    ABS 25A
    EPAS 30A
    Chassis Main Fuse 50A
    Engine Main Fuse 40A
    ABS Motor Fuse 40A

I'd guess that the Accessory circuit includes the unused wires under the seats as well as both cig lighter/power outlets. IIRC, other owners have used the underseat wires for heated seats. I don't know if they had to add fuses, but they did add switches for the circuits.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• @BKL, Thank you for the reply. I'm still not sure what is powered on the circuit for the hook-up under the seat. I had hoped I could just splice in to them and add another 10 amps per seat. But think I need to be cautious and do some research before I try that.

I did add my own fuse block to power and protect everything I have added since I bought my Slingshot last fall. I added a 100 amp inline fuse with a 4ga. wire run to the front of the Sling. Fuse block has a 100 amp limit, also, with 12 circuits. I think I have three terminals left open that I can use for the heated gear. So I think I will forget about the stock wiring.

I don't remember right now how much current draw I have, but all of the circuits are not used at the same time. I know it's way below the 100 amps and I will keep it to no more than 80 amps for the whole thing.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

Edited once, last by essixx ().

• How about using the Neutrino fuse block to not only wire in the heated seats but you can use your cellphone for the switch and have 2 seats on 2 seperate switches that you and your passenger could control seperately.

this is from the Neutrino website...

Control Heated Gear
    Neutrino is simply the best heated gear control system out there. Any combination of the 6 circuits can be configured as variable output controllers using state of the art PWM technology (pulse width modulation). Unlike the traditional heated gear controllers, the ones that require wires and an ugly knob somewhere on your vehicle, Neutrino is wireless, allowing you to control up to 6 pieces of gear from your smartphone. Unlike lesser heated gear controllers out there Neutrino is really robust and can control anything your throw at it. And unlike other products out there Neutrino’s heated gear control is smooth and linear.

Just sayin

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I've been wondering, and maybe those of you with the neutrino system can answer, what, if anything, happens when you don't have cell service for the app? It may be hard to believe for you east coasters but I spend a lot of my time in areas with little or no service. Wires and 'ugly knobs' (really? knobs? I have no knobs.) are pretty reliable.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• It works off Bluetooth. You don’t need cell service. Your phone is connected to the neutrino at all times when your within I think it’s 25-30 feet. Maybe more. And with the neutrino you can have it to automatically come on with ambient air temp or a slew of diff ways.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

Edited once, last by SSREAPER ().