Perfect example of why people hate bikers

• Why people hate bikers. Well.... I'm a biker. Still have 2 Harleys in the stable. Still have many biker friends. This thread could have just as easily been called "Why people want gun control" with a different spin. This has little to do with bikers, and everything to do with this guy having issues. This guy was an asshole, and got caught. I'd not call him a biker in the loosest term of the word. I'd also not call a mass shooter a responsible gun owner. Both a mass shooter and someone that risks other's lives by running over 140 MPH in public have issues, both are personal choices that were not reflective of the gun or the bike.

This punk was an ass, by no means a biker. It really is that simple. I'm not sure he will learn the lesson by not being allowed to ride for a year. I suspect, like @BKL stated, he is a future Darwin Award Candidate.....

• I guarandamntee you that if they weren't running in a pack, every one of those boys would fold in a heartbeat. And if LE had the time and resources to circle the wagons every one of them would wet their pants. Nope. Not 'bikers'. @Goats_Hogs, I think he will learn a lesson - that the system is soft and can be manipulated. He should have got the ban, community service and JAIL TIME!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Let’s not confuse the issue...

An asshole yes.... on a bike yes...in the eyes of any average person that makes him a biker....whether it’s a Harley, Indian or a scooter....

People tend to generalize ....right, wrong or indifferent.

Those guys may as well have been hells angels....

When they are riding in packs and taking up the entire 3-4 lanes of traffic weaving in and out, doing high speed wheelies, and flying over 100 mph, it puts anyone on two wheels into the category of an out of control, law breaking, idiot biker.

I for one am not crazy about being categorized as such because of a bunch of jerks as the ones in the video. Their whole purpose was to act like outlaws, taunting the cops and wanting to be chased so they could prove they could out run them. It’s imature and dangerous.

In case most of you don’t think so...we are all looked at like bikers. Not nessesarily “good” bikers. Guys on Harley’s don’t like crotch rocketeers, because it’s not a Harley...it’s a rice burner.. most of them don’t even like us...we aren’t on two wheels. I wave at everyone on two wheels/3 wheels....I don’t get the same in return.

I’ve seen “bike nights” in bars severely kill the patronage... they lost business never to return...people out with their families for dinner won’t go into places where there are bikes parked in the lot. Why, because they are afraid of the “bikers” and they think there could be trouble.

I was in a bar one night...that wasn’t bike night, it was the night before....it was only supposed to be for the good bikers according to the owner....but within a half an hour two guys from one club came in wearing their colors and right after that two guys from a rival gang came in and sat down right across the bar from them. Now making an assumption here...I’m guessing there were already 4 guns in the bar...because they don’t travel light...and that’s not counting mine....

Does anyone see the potential for a problem in this scenario? Alcohol, two rival biker gangs and guns....what could go wrong? And it wasn’t bike night nor was it considered a biker bar....this was a nice upscale restaurant/bar that the owner got talked it to having a bike night by some of his good biker friends...and just as a side note....I predicted the bar would go out of business in one year because of this...and exactly one year later they did. You could have set your watch by my prediction. The “public” thought it was turning into a biker bar. It’s the perception that killed it... normal people don’t want to associate with bikers.....like it or not.

One more thing, if you decide to have a bike night for the good bikers...what are you going to do if 50 guys from a bad club show up? Tell them it’s only for good bikers? As you stand back and watch it burn...by advertising a bike night you just opened up a can of business killing worms....seen it happen more than once....the bars went under after it...

I don’t go to bike nights, or biker bars.

• I am not politically correct. I get told on a regular basis that I just said something that wasn't politically correct. Makes my day, getting to where I really hate politics. By the post I just read, I'm not "normal people" either. I not only will go to bike nights if I feel like it, I also have been in several biker bars. Associate with bikers? Most of them are some of the most loyal, respectful and trustful people I've been around. Yes, there are clubs, and some of the ones in clubs are likely bad news. But I'd rather walk into a bar with Hell's Angels, Outlaws, and Bandito members.... than to walk into a bar with a bunch of people that are similar to Kathy Griffin. At least with the clubs, they run with a code and are predictable.....

• This punk was an ass, by no means a biker. It really is that simple. I'm not sure he will learn the lesson by not being allowed to ride for a year. I suspect, like @BKL stated, he is a future Darwin Award Candidate.....

So you mean to say that because he rides a sport bike and not a cruiser he is not a "biker"?
    If someone rides on two wheels they are a biker it is that simple, although they might not be what you or I would want to associate with it doesn't give anyone the right to say they are not a biker.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• So you mean to say that because he rides a sport bike and not a cruiser he is not a "biker"?If someone rides on two wheels they are a biker it is that simple, although they might not be what you or I would want to associate with it doesn't give anyone the right to say they are not a biker.

When I think of biker, this person does not come to mind. When the term "biker" is stated, I think of the words Loyal, Honor, and Respect. To me, this person was a motorcycle enthusiast with a reckless attitude, and no respect for anyone in his area at the time of doing this act. It is my opinion only, I did not mean to ruffle your or anyone else's feathers. I never mentioned the bike he rode.... you did. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth. He was irresponsible and reckless, endangering anyone he was near. Besides, by your definition, a person riding a bicycle is a biker also. Maybe they are, but again, that's not what I think of when someone says "biker".

And by the first amendment, I believe you are completely mistaken. I can say anything I want under free speech. I might get punched for it.... but I can say it.... :00008359:

• Later last year my Mom got a flat tire out in the middle of no-where. Now, she is pretty resourceful but at 84 years old was having a wee bit of trouble changing that tire when a pack of "bikers" went past. Three or four of them peeled out and came back, changing that tire for my Mom. Bigdog, why do you choose to single out the minority of "bad bikers", giving them the attention in which they are seeking, and ignore the real majority of "bikers" out there that are truly good of heart?

Bill

• I’m not arguing about the people that hang with bikers ...I’m just saying we all get lumped into that category...by non bikers. And when they think about bikers they think trouble. Hollywood stereotypes. I’ve been riding since 1972...I’m not saying everyone that rides is a bad biker...I’m saying it only takes a few to get us all lumped into the same category...

When I ride I try to be courteous to other drivers..I want people to think...oh he isn’t that bad..I try to project a good biker image...

The guys in that video aren’t projecting anything but evil disrespect and contempt for other drivers, pedestrians and law enforcement. And bikers like us.

• The bad biker myth is fairly intentional and even desired. I don't think Harley would sell a lot of biker gear if bikers were though of as "nice" people. Fat, old, out of shape characters, dress the part, get tattoos and biker gear to make people think they are badass. Some have a bad ass, some have no ass and some are just complete asses.

• I truly believe we are arguing semantics here. My only bike which I've owned since 1986 is a 1985 Kawasaki GPz750. I have never considered myself a biker, not because of my ride, but because I have never adopted that or any other mode of transportation as my identity or lifestyle. When I think of 'biker', I think of 'Ride to Live, Live to Ride'. Make it your lifestyle. Now that's just my interpretation and you all have yours. Nobody's right and certainly nobody's wrong. I think what we can all agree on is that the 'riders' in that video are all a bunch of asses. Can I get an amen?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I highly doubt anyone in a car that sees a group of guys on motorcycles pass by be it Harley’s or crotchers.....and they say to one another ...what a fine group of outstanding model citizens....let’s have them over for lunch..

• I truly believe we are arguing semantics here. My only bike which I've owned since 1986 is a 1985 Kawasaki GPz750. I have never considered myself a biker, not because of my ride, but because I have never adopted that or any other mode of transportation as my identity or lifestyle. When I think of 'biker', I think of 'Ride to Live, Live to Ride'. Make it your lifestyle. Now that's just my interpretation and you all have yours. Nobody's right and certainly nobody's wrong. I think what we can all agree on is that the 'riders' in that video are all a bunch of asses. Can I get an amen?

HALLELUJAH BROTHER!!

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: