Corvette challenge

• I saw a red convertible corvette weaving in and out behind me....after two red lights he’s beside me....

I just ignored him...his radio was blasting something about dead men or whatever ....

He started goosing it as our green light was approaching..

I think he was trying to get me to jump the light...but I was paying close attention to it...

The light finally changed....I’m sure everyone was expecting to see an old fashioned drag race...

I sat there....he sat there watching me... I goosed it slightly...he goosed his....I started moving again and so did he....I started giving it more. 5 mph...6...7...8... he was pacing me.....the tension was mounting ....I shifted to second... and he finally had enough and floored it.....I just slowly increased my speed watching him getting smaller....

Now did you really think my 2.4 was going to beat a big corvette V8?

I didn’t want to embarrass myself even attempting to race him....I lived to race another day...

• i was expecting that he crashed in the ditch somewhere. :D As for your question... it might be possible.. but then again, it's all about the driver, no matter how much horsepower or torque each cars have.

But be safe out there! :)

• I thought you were going to race him. Then I figured you made the smart decision based on having the slower grey model slingshot

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I’ve ran with Corvettes from a roll and I can keep up with them or stay in front for awhile. From a dig I don’t think I have a chance. I had one pass me around 120ish. But I gave him some problems. Just a regular C7 not a ZO6. Hellcat and Porche Cayenne Turbo are the only cars that have just left me. The SUV race was from a dig and that bastard drove right out of my life. Hellcat was on the highway and we were playing around but I really didn’t have anything for him.

• There is a college student yes I said college student here that wants to film me racing his Ferrari 488 and his Mclarain P something. I would do it if I didn’t work for the college he attends. Might get me in trouble. I would lose I’m sure but it would be real cool.

• You can always come visit! He is always tooling around town in his daily driver 1000 hp Nissan GT-R. He is always in our parking lots messing around and filming stuff I think he sends the videos back to China where he is from nice kid folks must have big money. Here is the big shocker his girlfriend is like a 22 on a 1-10 scale. I hope he reads this someday because I have already told him this. I’m sure it’s his personality. And not the half million in cars he owns at 19 lol

• I owned a C7 Vette Z51 pkg and traded it for the 2018 SLR Slingshot.
    There is zero chance the stock SS can hang with it. Trust me
    Stock C7 with an 8 speed auto is 0-60 in 3.7 and probably running 100mph before the SS hits 60
    Z06 even quicker at 2.9 seconds 0-60

You made the correct decision in just enjoying the Slingshot for what it is.
    For the guy who said he hung with it for awhile it was only because the Vette driver was curious about it and may trade it in :)