Corvette challenge

• Just something to consider.
    A Slingshot with 330 HP has a power to weight ratio of 1 HP per 5.3 pounds. From what I can find a C7 weighs 3347 pounds and has 460 HP with equals 7.27 and a Z06 at 3524 pounds at 650 HP which equals 5.24.
    From a rolling start I have pulled a couple car lengths on both the C7 and been even with the Z06 up to 130. From there is a no brainer because aerodynamics becomes a factor, I can't stay with them. I have been able to speak with a couple of the drivers afterwards who have said they were pushing it hard and they have a new found respect for the Slingshot.

• pretty much same results as @Slingrazor. Forget it from a dead stop, but rolling doing say 30-50... neither of you is going to pull away from the other. I've done it several times and MOST drivers will back off once they start hitting the 100's. In a straight line, hell, I've been beaten by a Land Rover. Anything over 130-140, forget it... We're toast in our barns. I don't care what color you have. :thumbup: . HOWEVER, put us both on a windy mountain road and all bets are off. I've yet to run across one that can hang in a situation where they don't have long ass straightaways to be able to do over the 130, Vette, Crotch rocket, etc..., but there's still another day :whistling:8o .

• those who are claiming that they can take on a corvette from a roll or not. videos or it didn’t happen! :P

I don’t have a go pro or anything like that and I don’t mess around when I have a passenger but I’ve done it a couple of different times with C7’s on the highway.

• those who are claiming that they can take on a corvette from a roll or not. videos or it didn’t happen! :P

for obvious reasons, I don't record nor will I provide any recordings of me doing stupid shit...especially not on a public forum, BUT, you're more than welcome to ride along someday ;) .

• I don’t have a go pro or anything like that and I don’t mess around when I have a passenger but I’ve done it a couple of different times with C7’s on the highway.

GoPros can be attached to literally anything nowadays..

guess this race never happened :P

for obvious reasons, I don't record nor will I provide any recordings of me doing stupid shit...especially not on a public forum, BUT, you're more than welcome to ride along someday ;) .

guess this race didn’t happen as well.. :P

Its evident you have never ridden in a boosted sling. I tend to not make assumptions, but instead make statements based on facts.
    There are quite a few that can confirm what a boosted sling that grips can do. Ask around, or better yet go for a ride.
    The Vette is my personal favorite to run against because their owners have the biggest egos.

• Its evident you have never ridden in a boosted sling. I tend to not make assumptions, but instead make statements based on facts.There are quite a few that can confirm what a boosted sling that grips can do. Ask around, or better yet go for a ride.
    The Vette is my personal favorite to run against because their owners have the biggest egos.

My personal favorite is running against my buddies Tesla P85D. I didn't tell him I put the turbo kit on. We were side by side and he decided to try and pull away from me from a 45MPH roll. I stayed side by side with him. Surprisingly I thought the P70D would be a closer race but I walked away from him. I would probably not want to run either one from a dead stop though. At least not with out a drag radial on.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Its evident you have never ridden in a boosted sling. I tend to not make assumptions, but instead make statements based on facts.There are quite a few that can confirm what a boosted sling that grips can do. Ask around, or better yet go for a ride.

I like to challenge the Mustang GT boys as they think their coyote engines are bad ass. Most are college kids and that’s what mom and dad got them.
    I ran an Audi R8 and when that v10 kiced in and all 4 wheel grabbed he got ahead of me. He stopped and wanted to know what I had under the hood. He said I gave him the best run he had ever had.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

you assume wrong. i’ve seen a supercharge and a turbo set up in person and also ridden on each one of them. Though, they are impressive when it comes to sound and power and what the SS should have been from the factory, but the SS is still an auto cycle and limited to one wheel only.

Now, i’m not saying that your boosted sling can’t compete with the corvette. There’s just a lot of factors that comes in play when racing (shifting gears on time, driver, driving style, etc)

:D

• you assume wrong. i’ve seen a supercharge and a turbo set up in person and also ridden on each one of them. Though, they are impressive when it comes to sound and power and what the SS should have been from the factory, but the SS is still an auto cycle and limited to one wheel only.
    Now, i’m not saying that your boosted sling can’t compete with the corvette. There’s just a lot of factors that comes in play when racing (shifting gears on time, driver, driving style, etc)

Totaly agree.
    And to say you rode in in one of each is good as a general statement. Mine is not "ordinary" when it comes to HP or traction, to think it is would be an assumption.
    When properly configured and driven the sling can give cars costing quite a bit more a surprise.
    The funny thing is I am old enough to not go trolling for the race, it usually comes to me. At 50 to 60 mph, I even wait for their nose to lift before I hit the throttle.
    Amazing what a $20,000 sling with $10,000 in performance upgrades can do against a $60,000 car. The fact I can stay with someone brings a reality to what we are discussing. Now if I was able to drop another bit of cash and convert to a quad, it would be lights out for most anybody I faced.

• Just something to consider.
    A Slingshot with 330 HP has a power to weight ratio of 1 HP per 5.3 pounds. From what I can find a C7 weighs 3347 pounds and has 460 HP with equals 7.27 and a Z06 at 3524 pounds at 650 HP which equals 5.24.
    From a rolling start I have pulled a couple car lengths on both the C7 and been even with the Z06 up to 130. From there is a no brainer because aerodynamics becomes a factor, I can't stay with them. I have been able to speak with a couple of the drivers afterwards who have said they were pushing it hard and they have a new found respect for the Slingshot.

I had something similar happen on my drive to Indiana from Atlanta... There was a stretch where I was chasing a yellow corvette (not sure the model or year, but maybe an early 2010s model?) and we were in the 100s. You could tell he was trying to get away and I was just drafting right behind him the whole way. When he found his exit and I passed him, he gave a thumbs up... Bet he went to find out what I was driving if he didn't already know...

And I was stock!

I also had the same thing happen on the Houston 610 with a Dodge Challenger... But I stayed ahead of this one and he actually followed me to my exit and when we reached a red light, he lowered the window and asked what I had there. I said 4 cylinder 2.4liter... His jaw dropped... He was like, my V8 was trying to catch up! How much does that thing weigh?!? I said, enough for the 4 cylinder... ;) He also gave a thumbs up.

Every encounter has always been highway already at about 60mph... Just drop the gear and zoom! :evil:

• Personally I dont care if they got a big blower sticking out of the hood. On a normal day I will run anything that wants too. Win or lose I dont care just love the thrill. Mustangs always seem to want to run. Some I beat some I didn't. Most my loses was because I wasn't thinking they was going to run and just did my normal half quick take off.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• you know, all this talk about corvettes and such got me thinking... the ones that have given me the most heartache are the damned Subaru WRX turbos... those suckers are quick, fast, AWD and almost always being driven by some young kid that's just as eager as I am to go fast :thumbsup::thumbup:

• you know, all this talk about corvettes and such got me thinking... the ones that have given me the most heartache are the damned Subaru WRX turbos... those suckers are quick, fast, AWD and almost always being driven by some young kid that's just as eager as I am to go fast :thumbsup::thumbup:

From a dead stop...yep. My STi with a Cobb Stage2+ set up was ridiculously quick feeling...especially for something that never ran under a 12.5 second 1/4 mile. I would say the Sling is definitely quicker on a roll than an STi.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• you assume wrong. i’ve seen a supercharge and a turbo set up in person and also ridden on each one of them. Though, they are impressive when it comes to sound and power and what the SS should have been from the factory, but the SS is still an auto cycle and limited to one wheel only.

“Houston, we have a problem ! “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk