Belt Conditioner

• Todays belts were designed to run dry...otherwise the manufacturers would recommend a service to it and a product. JMHO

SSREAPER

I haven't used it, but was curious if this would help/hurt things. I have to go in/out through an alley to get to my house so my belt is always dusty and can be loud at times.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• I haven't used it, but was curious if this would help/hurt things. I have to go in/out through an alley to get to my house so my belt is always dusty and can be loud at times.

The Grasshopper sees it's share of dirt/gravel, otherwise dusty, roads and it can really start to sing after just a short time. I would think adding any sort of lubricant to the belt would have the negative effect of just attracting more dirt, but I may be wrong?

Bill

• The Grasshopper sees it's share of dirt/gravel, otherwise dusty, roads and it can really start to sing after just a short time. I would think adding any sort of lubricant to the belt would have the negative effect of just attracting more dirt, but I may be wrong?
    Bill

Yeah, I thought that may be the case as well. That's why I posted here...figure either someone has already done it and learned or just has the knowledge to know if it's a good idea or not.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• The Grasshopper sees it's share of dirt/gravel, otherwise dusty, roads and it can really start to sing after just a short time. I would think adding any sort of lubricant to the belt would have the negative effect of just attracting more dirt, but I may be wrong?
    Bill

You are correct...and it flings that stuff all over the place!!
    Just keep clean with some water and your good.
    SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• As for the drive belt...
    Use no other fluids or treatments.

Owners manual states:

Drive Belt Cleaning
    Cleaning the drive belt will maximize belt and sprocket life and minimize drive line noise.
    Clean the belt at every tire change. Clean the belt more often if operating in dirty, dusty or
    high debris environments.
    1. Mix a few drops of mild dish soap with a cup of warm water.
    2. Use a soft nylon brush to clean the belt and sprocket teeth with the soapy water. Clean
    well in corner areas where road debris and belt dust can collect.
    3. Rinse the belt with clear water, then dry thoroughly.
    NOTE: Do not inspect or adjust drive belt tension when the belt is wet. Improper adjustment will result.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• NOTE: Do not inspect or adjust drive belt tension when the belt is wet. Improper adjustment will result.

...IN A COMPLETE COLLAPSE OF THE SPACE TIME CONTINUIM. The earth will spin out of its orbit and crash into URANUS.(to bad its not HERANUS)... SO DONT DO IT!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• 29k on mine. Run the belt a tad on the loose side compare to factory setting (about 1" slack) and hose it off once in awhile. I've not even had to make an adjustment since the original "loosening" of the belt from the original over-tightness it had. And I don't baby it. I wouldn't ever use something like this. It will only attract dirt and cause issues from that. The belt on the Slingshot is tougher than the belt Harley uses, but they are similar. I've been running the Harley belts dry for nearly 30 years without any issues at all.