WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile Challenge Coming up October 20th and 21st

• @Dave@DDMWorks I'm trying to make Tail work. The issue is I'm a single parent and it's a bit of a logistical nightmare. I'm already going to Dominican Republic for 12 days in Nov. so taking a week for tail and coming home for a week to take off again for 2 weeks is tough. Ocala worked because I was flying down and back and only had to get coverage for a weekend. I really want to go but, I'm not sure I will be able to make it happen.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• @Dave@DDMWorks I'm trying to make Tail work. The issue is I'm a single parent and it's a bit of a logistical nightmare. I'm already going to Dominican Republic for 12 days in Nov. so taking a week for tail and coming home for a week to take off again for 2 weeks is tough. Ocala worked because I was flying down and back and only had to get coverage for a weekend. I really want to go but, I'm not sure I will be able to make it happen.

@Kyle D - no problem, if you end up having some time up at the tail of the dragon, let us know it would be great to actually meet up. Understand the logistics issues though.

• I did not realize, was the runs you guys did in indiana with "wannarace group"? From what I understand, they won't allow the slings to run at any of their events from now on, so what are we going to do to settle the 1/2 mile challenge? Or, is it settled and I need to send @rabtech a trophy and some $?

I'd rather of had a chance to take it back from him, but I did open my bigass mouth and said I'd pay $ to whomever was the fastest in the race in October, and since there is no race now, does Bobby win by default?

• I did not realize, was the runs you guys did in indiana with "wannarace group"? From what I understand, they won't allow the slings to run at any of their events from now on, so what are we going to do to settle the 1/2 mile challenge? Or, is it settled and I need to send @rabtech a trophy and some $?

I'd rather of had a chance to take it back from him, but I did open my bigass mouth and said I'd pay $ to whomever was the fastest in the race in October, and since there is no race now, does Bobby win by default?

@StickerDick The runs we did in Indy were with Shift Sector Airstrip Attack. As of now they are still letting Slings run. They will be back next year. They have an event in Coalinga CA on Oct. 27th and 28th this year. That's a bit far for me and even further for @rabtech but they will likely run again next year in Indy when we can all settle this. Or there is always SpeedFest here in MI as well but I understand that is also a long haul for most of you. SpeedFest is like an hour from me and Indy was about 3.5hrs. @funinthesun I'm all in for a rib eating contest once we settle the speed score. At least then I know I'll have a chance at winning at least one event.....and it won't be the rib eating contest. ;):thumbsup::whistling:

• Well it isnt 1/2 mile and its for all out speed and not a drag race, but they do hold six monthly weekend events from May through November every year and they allow almost any vehicle that can be timed including motorcycles.

If we really want to know who is the fastest this might be just the ticket Land Speeding at El Mirage

Next event is October 21 - if interested here is a link

Southern California Timing Association

Yea, its a bit of a drive and its a bit different, but odds are they will have no problem letting in a few Slingshots and you would get a chance to see some vehicles that will make those 1/2 mile speeds at the wannagofast events look pretty tame

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Being that the majority of us competing are all East Coast and Mid West, the only way I could see it being remotely cost effective would be to ship the SS out there and back. Could likely do it $600-$800 each way which would be less than fuel and hotels and food. The only hard part would be timing it all together. It's almost impossible to get a trucking company to give 100% accurate delivery dates. Otherwise that would be a 40+hr drive for me. It's definitely not impossible though.

• Being that the majority of us competing are all East Coast and Mid West, the only way I could see it being remotely cost effective would be to ship the SS out there and back. Could likely do it $600-$800 each way which would be less than fuel and hotels and food. The only hard part would be timing it all together. It's almost impossible to get a trucking company to give 100% accurate delivery dates. Otherwise that would be a 40+hr drive for me. It's definitely not impossible though.

Well - I tried, but I also knew California wasnt going to be easy

As a side note SCTA also does events at Bonneville and may have other events as well - - - perhaps if you were to contact them they might know of events in your area. I would think they would be very well connected and might be able to help

• Does the East Coast Timing Association still hold events?

Their events used to be 1 and 1.5 mile runs but I'm sure they record the .5 mile speed. From what I've seen so far anything beyond .5 miles on a slingshot is just beating up your equipment for nothing.

Back when I was checking into it ECTA was holding events in Texas, North Carolina, and Maine I believe.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

Their events used to be 1 and 1.5 mile runs but I'm sure they record the .5 mile speed. From what I've seen so far anything beyond .5 miles on a slingshot is just beating up your equipment for nothing.

Back when I was checking into it ECTA was holding events in Texas, North Carolina, and Maine I believe.

They closed up Maxiam, N. C. and went to Ohio I think it was

Looks like they are doing a mile event in November in Arkansas. Look here. https://www.ectamile.com

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I know they run motorcycles but someone would have to contact them and see if they will allow the SS's to run.

They are also very safety conscious so we would need to study the rule book closely and make sure we had them right before showing up at an event.

I can tell you from experience what it's like to pull several hundred miles to race and then not be able to make a complete pass and have to load up and haul all the way home. It SUX!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• the ECTA is very safety conscious and they are who I use to race my LSR Viper truck with... it was a street production class and once I got over 130mph, I had to put a full roll cage in and a fire suppression system and wear a full fire suit.... I don't know what they would require from the slingshots, but still would not be a bad event if we can fit their rules?