WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile Challenge Coming up October 20th and 21st

• Very sad deal. I am sure the video will be pulled down soon, but I wanted to share so people could understand the car, speed, and track conditions.

The end of track looked really sketchy to me, but I wasn't there and it is hard to tell from a poor video.

RIP

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Did you notice how close he was to the right side of the track?

• Very hard to tell track conditions from the video, but it does appear as if the distance to slow down after the time trap is rather short

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• @FunCycle

Two lanes and he was in the right lane. I don't see an issue with his lane position during the run. To me, it just looks like the braking area was pretty short and narrow.

A lot of these cars are now going over 200mph in a half mile. He definitely had issues after the run when trying to slow down. I would blindly guess that maybe it was a chute issue, but I haven't read anything specific to this incident. Either way, there was very little room for error.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• I found myself with him as he rode with all he could put into it! I know the excitement level he would have been at. I think he accepted the risk and he was in his element. Not many people will be able to have courage to attempt a 200 mph run. When you do things like this, you are willing to meet whatever comes!! Folks, 200 plus miles an hour has no room for anything to go wrong. Do not do this unless you are ready to suffer the results.
    Thanks for posting this! It is what any performance driver should watch and be ready for whatever!!

• In this image posted by an event participant on face book of the shut down area it looks to have some rather large humps that I sure wouldn't want to hit at those kinds of speed

image source

• @FunCycle

Two lanes and he was in the right lane. I don't see an issue with his lane position during the run. To me, it just looks like the braking area was pretty short and narrow.

A lot of these cars are now going over 200mph in a half mile. He definitely had issues after the run when trying to slow down. I would blindly guess that maybe it was a chute issue, but I haven't read anything specific to this incident. Either way, there was very little room for error.

After looking at the frame by frame I agree

• After looking at the frame by frame I agree

Just hope that the family understands that he was taking the risk knowingly and does not try to sue the promoter or the track.... That will surely stop any further events. This track had a motorcycle rider get killed in 2017, same kind of issue I believe, of track shutdown area

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• In this image posted by an event participant on face book of the shut down area it looks to have some rather large humps that I sure wouldn't want to hit at those kinds of speed

image source

Yeah I heard the ruts got the car bouncing at nearly 200 mph and he lost control. Huge loss. Jeff Hagaman was well know in that racing scene. I have watched many videos of that bad ass GTR and he had an evil Caddy sedan as well. RIP driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I had trouble see where the humps were until I studied the photo. I want to point out the area that most likely has some factor in the accident. This is so sad to have this to happen. Speeds of over 200 mph can not have track conditions with these flaws. Looks like the left lane is clear. I am guessing his left tires hit these humps, that could have started the accident from my thinking. RIP Driver, you did everything right, the track was the fault in my opinion.

• Folks to help understand how things went wrong, I slowed down the video in Stop action Photos. You will clearly see how things progressed to the tragic end.

I have it ready to post, but want the feelings of the members if I should. If you have seen enough, I will let it go.

• This is exactly why my first 2 runs at any high speed events are typically between 80-100ish mph. I feel out both lanes prior to going full tilt. I'm not saying Jeff did or didn't. I wasn't there. At the Indy event, there was a rather large hump in the right hand lane JUST before the 1/2mi mark. That hump extended to the far right hand portion of the left lane so all of my runs were on the left side of the left lane. This is an extremely unfortunate accident and both the track and the shut down area looked pretty sketchy to me. This is a reminder that there are large risks in what we do at events like these. The end result could potentially be the same in a SS doing 140+ in an open cockpit. Especially without proper safety gear.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Folks to help understand how things went wrong, I slowed down the video in Stop action Photos. You will clearly see how things progressed to the tragic end.

I have it ready to post, but want the feelings of the members if I should. If you have seen enough, I will let it go.

That is what I did (Frame by Frame) it looked like something pushed him into that little circle area at the end of the track out of lane he was in and then sideways.

• should be nice - according to this link Ocala weather

dry season starts in mid Oct and the highs are in the low 80's