WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile Challenge Coming up October 20th and 21st

• if this event were in my area I would love to participate. I would like to know what a Slingshot with a stock power train can do - - plus it would guarantee that everyone else had some one they could easily beat :)

it would be kick just to be able to hang out with all the big guns

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think at this point most everyone coming has an idea of what their plan of attack is. I predict that things in the slingshot camps are going to look a lot different this time. I am going to be completely disappointed if the overall mph record isn't bumped up by 15mph over last year. I understand that is a HUGE gain to be looking for but I believe it is possible. Tyme weil tale! :00000156:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I think at this point most everyone coming has an idea of what their plan of attack is. I predict that things in the slingshot camps are going to look a lot different this time. I am going to be completely disappointed if the overall mph record isn't bumped up by 15mph over last year. I understand that is a HUGE gain to be looking for but I believe it is possible. Tyme weil tale! :00000156:

just out of curiosity last time around were people still running with the mud flaps installed?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• if this event were in my area I would love to participate. I would like to know what a Slingshot with a stock power train can do - - plus it would guarantee that everyone else had some one they could easily beat :)

it would be kick just to be able to hang out with all the big guns

I have been thinking about running my NA, but just cannot justify the $250 for the day and after 3 or 4 runs I will know what it will do. I just need to go ahead and run the 1/4 mile beside my house, street racing back in the day with no houses or driveways. I have probably already run it at least 50 times but just do not remember where the start and finish lines were. I have run on an old airport with the rough asphalt and had to back off when I hit 3rd gear, trying to get sideways.

• just out of curiosity last time around were people still running with the mud flaps installed?

Yes I believe most if not all slingshot passes were made without the parachutes/mud flaps.

I have to respect @MACAWS dedication to run in "full trim" to set a true aerodynamic base line to judge from.

While the object of this game is to see who can muster the highest mph for each category everyone PLEASE keep in mind that the most important thing at this event is safety. From my experience on air strips you will not have as much grip as you do on a lot if not most highways. The absolute last thing we want is for ANYONE to get injured while trying to have a little fun!

I can assure you the race won't be decided by who can make the most horse power it will be decided by who can make the most of the horsepower they have. Back in the day I did a little drag racing and I can tell you that having a 226" wheelbase car go sideways at 130+ is no fun much less one with a 105" wheelbase. This is definitely going to be interesting.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Holy Haltech lights! ha ;)

You all better be careful if you aren't running stability control. Kites like to fly.

Hopefully someone makes the Slingshot community proud and gets over the 140mph mark. We are likely the laughing stock at these 1/2 miles events. Craziest power to weight ratio and slower than a stock $5k stock C4 Corvette.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D