WannaGo Fast 1/2 mile Challenge Coming up October 20th and 21st

• October 20th and 21st will be the Big Race in Ocala, Wanna go Fast 1/2 mile challenge and if you kept up with the Three Players earlier this year, "StickerDick" and his Honda Powered S/C Sling set the time to beat at 130.5mph. This time, Three's da Life has decided to make it more interesting and will put up a Bounty of $500.00 cash to the fastest slingshot to run at the event in October.... and just so you "stockers" out there don't feel left out, Three's da Life will also pay out another $500.00 cash prize to the fastest "Stock" SlingShot. Stay tuned for the rules, where we will be staying, what other cool items will get tied into this and as ALL of you Three's da Lifers know, "Stickerdick" loves making trophies!... And for those of you guys and gals that raced in Colorado last year can attest, they are pretty nifity. You just don't want to win the "slowest" award! We don't give out very pretty "participation" ribbons!

• My intention is to come and see what I can do - not the sling
    Not much of a drag racer I like to turn fast not just drive in a straight line fast.
    But I want to learn how to launch.

Since we will have a lot of talent there I will be soaking up advice like a sponge

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This is posted on the Canadian slingshot owners Facebook page. He won't answer questions on line and seems to skirt any that are asked. I believe he had this built by guy in Florida.

Nice looking unit but I wouldn't consider it as a contender for the record as a traditional SS. It would have to go into a different category. It would be like having a bone stock unit run with @StickerDick and @rabtech. It is going to be interesting to see how the slingshots are classed in Oct. I would go so far as to say that we need to have a pre agreed upon set of rules/designations before we even go to the event. I know @StickerDick had mentioned some rules for what he intended to run but I believe to be fair we need to take it a little further. Some of it will have to be on the honor system or it would get too cumbersome and get out of hand quickly and on top of that if it gets too structured it can take the fun out of it. I believe each participant needs to be displaying a competitor number followed by one or two letters. The letter/letters can designate what class that unit falls into within the rules. Just as an example,

(A) could designate a unit with an "automatic" transmission
    (B) could designate a unit that is "boosted"
    (C) could designate a unit with an "Aero" package/modification

If you didn't limit it to two letters it wouldn't take long until the number of letters needed to describe a given sling would be longer than the alphabet. To keep it loose and keep it fun we need to come up with a few of our own "class" descriptions and then give each class a maximum of two letters to be displayed following their competitor number on their vehicle. My personal opinion is that the only competitors that shouldn't have to display a letter following their number is a "bone stock" (meaning no aftermarket exhaust, intake etc) unit ran as it came from the Polaris factory. Now who wants to be on the "rules" committee?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• This is posted on the Canadian slingshot owners Facebook page. He won't answer questions on line and seems to skirt any that are asked. I believe he had this built by guy in Florida.

Great... A converted slingshot DuneBuggy is going 157mph.... He could have bought a camaro zl1 for the money he has in that and done closer to 185mph... Lost perspective... it's the challenge to get the three wheels to go MAX to the edge!

• I think if there are going to be classes then at the top of the food chain there should be a "unlimited" class where the 4 wheeled v8 super charged things that are only slingshots in name can show their stuff

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Nice looking unit but I wouldn't consider it as a contender for the record as a traditional SS. It would have to go into a different category. It would be like having a bone stock unit run with @StickerDick and @rabtech. It is going to be interesting to see how the slingshots are classed in Oct. I would go so far as to say that we need to have a pre agreed upon set of rules/designations before we even go to the event. I know @StickerDick had mentioned some rules for what he intended to run but I believe to be fair we need to take it a little further. Some of it will have to be on the honor system or it would get too cumbersome and get out of hand quickly and on top of that if it gets too structured it can take the fun out of it. I believe each participant needs to be displaying a competitor number followed by one or two letters. The letter/letters can designate what class that unit falls into within the rules. Just as an example,
    (A) could designate a unit with an "automatic" transmission
    (B) could designate a unit that is "boosted"
    (C) could designate a unit with an "Aero" package/modification

If you didn't limit it to two letters it wouldn't take long until the number of letters needed to describe a given sling would be longer than the alphabet. To keep it loose and keep it fun we need to come up with a few of our own "class" descriptions and then give each class a maximum of two letters to be displayed following their competitor number on their vehicle. My personal opinion is that the only competitors that shouldn't have to display a letter following their number is a "bone stock" (meaning no aftermarket exhaust, intake etc) unit ran as it came from the Polaris factory. Now who wants to be on the "rules" committee?

Since two of the three "BIG" dogs with experiance at this event are part of this forum, I will leave it to them to police some of the rules... I believe I'm doing my part by putting up the Prize money and the trophies..... But since it has been brought up, I think we should follow some common sense and good ol' LSR (Land speed Racing) rules for class designations....

Stock is Stock, so , if you have no mods, you are a "101s".
    If you have less than three mods, (excluding Exhaust or Intake mods) on your Slingshot, you should be classed as Stock Modified, so, "101sm".
    If you have Exhaust and or Intake Mods on your Slingshot, you would be considered SuperStock, so, "101ss"
    if you have a power enhancer such as turbo, nitrous or S/C, then all other mods are thrown in and you are SuperModified, so, "101sm". I think three classes should be good enough, not too complicated and maybe the only other class would be to cover the 4 wheelers, V8's and or other drive-line /drive-train enhancements aka "Hondas","Subarus", "Billet Motors".

I believe the event promoters will enforce their own rules, aka Full Face helments, wearing of Seat belts, closed toed shoes, long sleeved shirts or jackets, long pants & gloves. From what happened last year, we as participants were in charge of policing ourselves as far as making sure our machines were safe to run at speed, so I have no issue with that same honor system.

Mods that do not enhance speed, aka, lights, fake spoilers, injector stacks, seats, music, tops in my opinion should not be counted as mods for whether or not you are "stock".

You add things such as exhaust, headers, air intakes, Drag Radials or Super street tires, actual air deflectors, removal of stock body panels... then you should be moved into "Stock Modified".

You add additional areo enhancements, actual engine modifications or engine tunes , extreme suspinsions like airride or adjustable coilovers where you can lower your ride height.... I think that makes you a "SuperStock".

Obiviously, folks that have gone as far as adding nitrous, turbos and or S/C, you are Supermodified. I would argue that an automatic alone is not such a huge advantage that they have to be classed higher than a Superstock, because in some cases, the automatic transmission might be needed for reasons of not being able to drive a stick shift or physical impairment, and until Polaris does offer an automatic, I don't think the automatic can run as a "pure" stock sling.

Now... for folks like myself, that have gone so far as to change out the entire drive train, of have gone to V8's, or 4 wheels.... maybe we need to go to a class such as "Experimental or Unlimited" aka "101x". I would argue that since I am still a 4 cylinder motor, rear wheel drive and a manual transmission, I should be kept in the SuperModified Class, but I can see where some of you would say "tuff Sh*T", I chose to go from the "Stock Ecotec", so I need to play with the V-8's and the 4 wheelers. I don't think it would be fair, but I'll go with the majority rules.

I also don't think that anybody who is not actually running in October has any say on how the rules are set... so if you a'nit playing, you don't get to make the rules!

You Guys and Gals that plan on running mull it over, neither Jeff or I have heard back yet from the race organizers, and to be totally blunt, they may tell us to kiss their butts and not let us play at all, but I think that would be a HUGE mistake and not very likely. They were quite pleased with the way we handled ourselves earlier this year and I think they would be glad to see about 20 or more Slingshots entered and I'm sure they would love to see Polaris step in as a sponsor for our side event.

• Being dead stock from a power point of view my slingshot would never be setting any records, but if this event were within reasonable driving distance I would love to see what me and Cage Free could do. More than that I would love to be able to see what all of you could do

It would be a total kick in the ass 8o

I hope when the time comes many many videos will be posted

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I plan to be there but probably won't have my SS there. Doubting that I have an engine ready by then. I'll gladly do crew duties for the "Panda Posse" participants. I should definitely be interestng this year.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

That would be super impressive, but I am not buying it one bit.

We have 500hp Slingshots in this group that cant event go 130mph in a half mile. ha ;)

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D