I know the wheel thing has been beat to death...

• Buuuut... I'm looking at a set of wheels and even though the overall footprint is wider all the way around, the offset is slightly off. Fronts are +40 and the rear is +42... Will this make a difference? I'm more concerned about brake clearance and making sure nothing mechanical will stop working. With it being so minor a change I figure I'm ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I purchased aftermarket wheels where the offset was not right. I don't remember exactly but thy were close to a centimeter wider all the way around. I have no issues. And didn't throw any codes. If anything my turning radius is slightly wider but not enough to make it a concern.

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!

• Buuuut... I'm looking at a set of wheels and even though the overall footprint is wider all the way around, the offset is slightly off. Fronts are +40 and the rear is +42... Will this make a difference? I'm more concerned about brake clearance and making sure nothing mechanical will stop working. With it being so minor a change I figure I'm ok.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Shouldn't be a problem. General rule of thumb is if offset is within a few mm, no problem. http://www.willtheyfit.com will let you see a visualization of how the new wheels/tires will fit compared to your stock or current wheels/tires.
    I run a 28 mm offset 17" Mustang wheel on the rear and have encountered no handling problems. The wheel does center about 1 inch to the left. In my case, I wanted to be sure the wheel would have enough clearance for the brake rotor and caliper. I bought an old-school mag-type wheel from JEGS and had to return it because I could barely slip a 1/16" thick piece of cardboard between the caliper and the wheel. The American Muscle 10th Anniversary Cobra Style 17x10.5 +28 mm offset wheel I put on the rear had more than enough clearance. If you still have the same diameter wheels as you did before, just changing the offset should not cause any problems.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I like going straight to the source. I have ordered wheels from American racing a couple of times.

Were you able to find what you needed with the right offset? I was looking at their site today and it all looks like they are +28 to +35 on what I saw online that I liked.

• It's possible to find wheels from other vehicles that match the front or rear sizes/styles for the Slingshot. The hard part is finding the same style wheel that fits both the fronts and rear of the Slingshot. For example American Muscle offers this wheel in 20 x 10 +48 mm offset - Mustang AMR Charcoal Wheel - 20x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping, but the matching 18 x 8 wheel is +30 mm offset. They also offer the same wheel in 18 x 10 +45 mm offset which should be on the minimum acceptable wheel sizef for a 305/30R18 tire. Unfortunately, they don't offer a similar 17" version.

• It's possible to find wheels from other vehicles that match the front or rear sizes/styles for the Slingshot. The hard part is finding the same style wheel that fits both the fronts and rear of the Slingshot. For example American Muscle offers this wheel in 20 x 10 +48 mm offset - Mustang AMR Charcoal Wheel - 20x10 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping, but the matching 18 x 8 wheel is +30 mm offset. They also offer the same wheel in 18 x 10 +45 mm offset which should be on the minimum acceptable wheel sizef for a 305/30R18 tire. Unfortunately, they don't offer a similar 17" version.

Interesting information. Is the bolt pattern for the lugs on the SlingShot Ford Mustang spacing?

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

• Basically, all 5 hole Mustang wheels are 5 x 4.5" (114.3 mm). I got interested when trying to find the cheapest route to fitting a 315 tire when I realized some Mustangs used a 315/35R17 tire and the dimensions are an almost a perfect match to a 265/35R18 tire on a Base Slingshot.
    Probably more than any of us ever wanted to know about Mustang wheels here - Mustang Wheels - Buyer's Guide to Sizing, Looks, & Performance | AmericanMuscle

• The rear offset is the most important to make sure you're tracking correctly. The front can get away with a different offset, but if you're going to be towing it, make sure the wider offset will fit with the trailer as most trailers don't have much room to spare on the width of the decking. It would be a bitch to damage the wheels or damage the inside of the fenders when you load or unload the slingshot. Unless your trailer has removable fenders

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Basically, all 5 hole Mustang wheels are 5 x 4.5" (114.3 mm). I got interested when trying to find the cheapest route to fitting a 315 tire when I realized some Mustangs used a 315/35R17 tire and the dimensions are an almost a perfect match to a 265/35R18 tire on a Base Slingshot.
    Probably more than any of us ever wanted to know about Mustang wheels here - Mustang Wheels - Buyer's Guide to Sizing, Looks, & Performance | AmericanMuscle

The wheels I was looking at buying were actually from a guy that was going to put them on his Mustang, 20X8 up front 20X10 in the rear. Was going to be a steal at $600 for 4 new wheels.

• Can't recall for certain but the fronts may be +32 while the rear is +45.
    And no, all 3 are black with polished lip...

Hey @MiM...I like those wheels, they look sharp! Would love them even more if the polished lip was green...that would be perfect!

jes my 2 cnts

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS: