Bill Martin Needs our Prayers

• Bill has taken a turn in the wrong direction. Everything was starting to look good and he was able to drive to DDM to pick up his slingshot as well as bringing it to Welters to have the exhaust done. He had a doctor visit yesterday and was hospitalized. The bone infection had returned and to keep it from spreading too far as well as to save Bill's life (my words not his, but he's dealing with a bad infection) they had to amputate his leg just below the knee. It appears to have worked, but I'm sure they're going to keep an eye on it for a while. Bill is resting comfortably and on heavy pain meds, so if you don't hear from him for a while, you now will know why.

Bad things happen to good people at times. He's come through a lot so far in the past 3 years. Let's pray that he comes through this and is able to get back to enjoying his retirement and slingshot events soon. Angie is by his side helping him get through this. She's his rock.

We talked about Eureka Springs and we're both pulling for each other to make it there. So there's some comfort in knowing that the two amigos are helping each other along and we both will beat whatever obstacles are placed in our way.

Bill, I'm sure this posting is going to get more than 50 likes, so when you get home you'll see just how big your family really is. You da man Bill. Glad you're part of my family - or more importantly, I'm glad I'M a part of YOURS!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by funinthesun ().

• @funinthesun & @Bill Martin

I dont know what to say other than you both will be in my prayers!!

FITS you know your in my home state...please know that if you need anything I can help with...just name it!

You both have strong wills and more character than alot of people put together. I have no doubt that you both will persevere and come out better for it! You are both part of a very large family that cares about the both of you and There is no doubt there will be an outpouring of sentiment here in a few min!! I consider you both a part of my family and what is mine is yours if needed.

Yes FITS even a kidney :thumbup:

YOU GUYS ARE LOVED BY ALL!!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• hoping for a speedy recovery Bill. Sorry to hear news, but you'll be standing tall after you kick this infections ass!! Rest up & get better

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Damn that's the worst... Prayers for all! Bill, you better be taking care of yourself and that diabetes or whatever you've got to do!

God is good and has a plan... Keep the faith, stay positive, and above all else, know that if He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it...

• Ahhh Damn!!! That really sucks!!
    Thanks so much for posting and keeping us appraised of @'Bill Martin''s affliction @'funinthesun'!!

We will keep him and you in our thoughts and prayers for speedy and FULL recoveries!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Bill, Angie, and Phil, I am like most to read this-shocked. It has been a rough year for all of you. I don't have the words to express exactly how I feel right now. Just know that you all will be in our thoughts and prayers until all this has passed.

• Damn Bill and Phil, the battles at some times seem must seem never ending, but keep up the good fight. You two are both fine people and Slingshot pioneers , the sun will shine again soon and we'll all be seeing you both at Eurekea Springs before you know it !

• @Bill Martin and @funinthesun You two please recover, get EVERYTHING taken care of and know that outside of your biological family you have a Slingshot family that will pray for you both, send out good vibes and try to keep your spirits high. As sad and disheartening as these setbacks are, know that a positive attitude is just as important as the treatment and meds you are receiving. Love you guys, get well and God bless.

• Thanks for the kind words guys, but PLEASE pray for Bill. I'm going to be fine. I really shouldn't have said anything and looking back, the smart thing to do would have been to leave it out. I appreciate the kind words and prayers, but this is about Bill. He's a big part of this forum and the slingshot community and we all bleed for him every day he's not able to ride. What we have going between ourselves was only mentioned so you can see that he's helping me as much as I'm trying to help him. Angie and Bill (in case some of you haven't had the pleasure of meeting) are two people that you wouldn't want to see go through this. I'm sure he'll agree, but until then he's got a long road to recovery.

Bro, you know I'm always a phone call away

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well shit! When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was the old one. It just doesn't seem right that someone with Bill's constitution get's hit with this kind of crap. I hope the docs caught all the infection this time around.