Help! Please view pic and help me with battery charge settings for Optima yellow top

• That is awesome! I am happy for you! Now that you got that taken care of.....what are you doing next?!? :thumbsup:

Ssreaper

Goodness gracious -- NOTHING!

My sling is at the dealership now and I wanted them to put my jump port in under the hood like Snazzy... they said they didn't know how to do that and that it cannot go under the hood. I told them to forget it. I'll bring it back home and leave it in the corner, because I don't want to touch anything more on the sling because so much goes wrong......

• That one is easy....I SWEAR...lol

There is a video of the install of It and it shows it to be really simple. I will be doing that one as well.

Did you get the curb system installed?

Ssreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• I’m sure the dealer will get that one spot on...no worries.

I should be getting my sling back Next week from being rebuilt from the theft. Once I get it...there is a ton of stuff I’m going to do in the accessory dept :00007555:

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• WOW!!! Coming back and playing catchup on this thread was like PAINFUL!! I'm happy that there was a resolution by the Audio Install shop but honestly this should have been done correctly with the first set of instructions!! The second set are more like to slap him in the face with LOL I'm just happy that you're not paying out of the pocket...ask for the five free t-shirts ....one for you..and the other four for your match carrying posse..well only one carries matches..the rest kind of watch him, egging him on to do it!!! LOL

• WOW!!! Coming back and playing catchup on this thread was like PAINFUL!! I'm happy that there was a resolution by the Audio Install shop but honestly this should have been done correctly with the first set of instructions!! The second set are more like to slap him in the face with LOL I'm just happy that you're not paying out of the pocket...ask for the five free t-shirts ....one for you..and the other four for your match carrying posse..well only one carries matches..the rest kind of watch him, egging him on to do it!!! LOL

:whistling::whistling::whistling::evil::00007555:

• I would hate to think that was the reason....That you cant fix.

A person who just didn't know what he was doing can be taught and ultimately be made better.

Lets hope its the latter.

When does it go back to the audio shop?

SSREAPER

• Well I’m screwed.

The battery is dead every three days. I don’t have a voltmeter so I can’t do the testing. I am leading 15 Slingshots on a ride to the coast this Sunday. Damn it.

Best fix for your problem is to go buy a battery equal to what it came with from the factory.

• My luck continues.

Installed dual rally horn.... one works sporadically (yes I tested all the connections). Without them both sounding at the same time, one sounds like a clown horn :(

Installed Wind Restrictor over the weekend, and had to take my side panels off. Found that the radio installer apparently did not own a set of torx tools and used a hex wrench on all my side panels bolts and stripped the heads. Had to get a metal hammer and pound it in to each bolt until it bit.

Removed a good torx bolt from elsewhere on the sling to take a side-by-side shot of the stripped head bolt and the good bolt to send to the radio installer with a complaint. Can't get the good bolt all the way back in. Tried for almost an hour.

Was supposed to have the same installer fix the radio wiring this Saturday, have decided to cancel with all this ridiculous unprofessional work. Will try to find someone else to fix it.

Sigh.

Just because of my luck, I don't think I am going to mod anymore.

• I'm sorry as well to hear about you finding more unprofessional work by the stereo installer. I'd disagree with you letting them off the hook so easy but on the other hand I agree thinking they could cause more damage. I'd ask the shop to reimburse me for another shop fixing their mistakes, the screws and being screwed further by not using the proper tools!

I hope you get the air horn figured out pretty soon. On a positive note you did get the wind restrictor installed right :thumbsup: . Hmm...clown horn..sounds like the horns think the installer were clowns lol jk

You've done more modding than I've gotten around to do on my SS and don't let a few hurdles stop you from doing more! I'd let you and @'sideseatdriver work on my SS anytime! Heck, actually you need Sideseatdriver with you going to that radio shop to set them straight!! I'm sure they'd change their mind with her standing by your side LOL

How did the group ride go that you were leading on Sunday? SS hold up for you?

• Wind Restrictor went on so easily that now I'm just waiting for the LEDs not to work when I hook them up.... with my luck....

The guy I always used for my motorcycle work is going to take a look at the radio wiring and try to figure it out. He's very anal, very smart, and very tidy with his installs. He will figure it out and I trust him 100%. I'd rather pay him to fix it than go back to that shop, and I don't even want to request reimbursement. Just don't want anything to do with them any more.

Sundays ride to the coast was HOT (104 degrees) but great! We had 16 slings and two were blockers so we stayed together the entire ride. Once we got to the coast it was 15 degrees cooler, ahhhh. It was a super day, and the only glitch (and again this figures with my luck) was that my cell phone battery ran down by using the map for so long, and when I plugged it into the USB port the radio guys installed, it didn't charge. Apparently it's not a charging port, just a connection port. Someone in the group saved the day and loaned me a power pack. I've since gotten a 12-volt USB plug.

I should keep Phillipians 4:13 in mind while I am modding :)

BTY here's my side seat driver........

• Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give an update on the radio fiasco...

Today the installer put the red wire on ACC and now the radio and amps go off with the ignition. I will not run the sling for 2 days to see if the battery still drains, but they and I don't think it will.

On their behalf, they explained to me why they did what they did: they install high end electronics and have been in business for a long time. The NavAtlas is the first radio they have installed that didn't have a... I'm trying to remember what he said... a blue wire for memory? Battery Plus wire? Something like that. With that wire missing, they wired the red to always on to retain its memory settings. That's why they said it "couldn't be done any other way with this radio."

When they rewired it today, they told me they expected the memory settings to not be retained, and were very surprised when they were retained. So something is built in to the radio for memory. Maybe a CMOS battery? Don't know.

They had called NavAtlas customer service 5 times asking for a simple call back because they had these questions, and NavAtlas would not return their calls which ended up costing me a lot of problems.

NavAtlas' installation manual left out some information that would have helped in this situation (on their website they have actually modified the installation instructions to differ slightly from the printed ones that came in the box), and if they had only called back it would have been solved a lot sooner.

So I think both parties here were partially at fault.

Just my luck!

I feel better about all this now, so I'm going out to install my RGB controller somewhere under the hood and hook up my LED wind restrictor. Wish me luck..........

• When they rewired it today, they told me they expected the memory settings to not be retained, and were very surprised when they were retained. So something is built in to the radio for memory. Maybe a CMOS battery? Don't know.

My marine GPS/Nav/Audio/Engine Interface system uses internal memory to retain all settings, readings, and configurations ... I can pull the main unit from my boats network, set it on a shelf in the house as long as I like, then plug it back in and everything boots up right to where it was........ . probably the same ....... about time car audio stepped boldly into the new millennia .......

...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• @studiopeg Congrats on hopefully getting your problem fixed. Its not right when you buy a product especially as expensive as the Navatlas and he manufacturer does not return a phone call for support.

I hope it all works out so now you can move on to bigger and better and hopefully easier mods!

Cheers!!

SSREAPER

• What about the screws @studiopeg? Why did they strip them all? :huh:

The guy was a jerk about that. He brought me down to the shop area, pulled out a drawer, and showed me their torx tools.

I replied, "then somebody didn't use these hand-held torx tools and they used a power tool and that's what stripped the heads."

He said "yes, but we had noted that the paint was damaged on the heads of all of the bolts we removed before we removed them."

I said "that doesn't mean they were stripped before hand. I know, because I removed both of my side panels in previous weeks, and I was the one who hand-tightened them back in. Your guys stripped the heads with the power tools."

Only then did he relent but was very arrogant about it. "Well I'll replace your bolts then, it's only pennies on the dollar..."

I didn't want any more to do with it. I told him after I got a metal hammer and pounded my torx tool into the heads, it bit and I can now remove them, so just forget it."

So if my battery doesn't drain down, I will never be returning to that shop again. If I had brought my husband with me, it would have went a little differently...