Haltech info here

• After searching around, it seems that @rabtech , @StickerDick & @iNewton have taken the plunge to go Haltech. I'm sure others have also.

While searching around I could not find a thread dedicated to replacing the stock ECU with a Haltech. There were lots of references to "Haltech" on the forum.

According to Haltech website they now make a custom harness that makes the connection much easier to the Slingshot. The Elite 1500 with wiring harness sells for right around $2000
    It states it works with 2015/2106 slingshots. Will it also work with 2017 and newer or must a new harness be made?

Elite 1500 video

It would be great if users that are running the Haltech could post there experiences here. I'm sure there are others that would be interested.

To kick it off maybe describe why you went with the Haltech?

What your setup (motor, turbo, supercharger) is?

Did you tune it yourself?

Do you think tune files can be shared for similar setups?

Current Haltech users: (if you want to be included or removed from the following list please let me know)
    @rabtech
    @StickerDick
    @MACAWS
    @iNewton

John
    2017 SL LE Midnight Cherry
    :COILOVERSS::TURBOSS::MOTOROILSS::FILTERSS::COLDAIRSS::DONKEYSS:

Edited once, last by Casey_SS: Added current Haltech user list ().

• I have the Haltech set up with a DDM built motor and Turbo and a Fab Factory Intake. it wasn't my original plan but I needed to do it overcome a tuning issue we could not resolve with my set up.
    @Dave@DDMWorks did the install when we were testing his new turbo set up. Everything is plug and play as far as install goes but there is only a base tune and you will need someone to do you final tune.

I have absolutely no regrets as we now have complete control of the tune and Dave is continually making improvements. You will lose Cruise control and your traction control light will remain on but traction control is active. Converting to the Haltech also give you an ODB2 port which opens more options. With a Bluetooth adapter you can have additional gauges on a tablet and not run any wires.

Best people to reach out to for tech stuff
    @Dave@DDMWorks
    @rabtech
    @oneshot

Feel free to PM me if you need more info

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Seems Haltech will do some auto tuning on its own.

What I found interesting in the video is the reference to pump gas from fill up to fill up. It was actually learn the new gas and make changes to the map.

Does anybody know if the stock ECU has features like that.

John

Edited 4 times, last by Casey_SS ().

• I know a couple of tuners that are pros with Haltech here...just never thought it was in the reach as far as budget goes.

At $2000 dollars for the haltech, you are 1/4 the price for a tune from Bob.

If we can maintain a database of tunes like he does. We could share those tunes among ourselves.

Have 1320 exhaust... here's the tune etc

John

• As far as I understand tune adjustment files can be sendt t via email and loaded thru the Free Haltech software
    There is also a data logger that you can share with your tuner. Remember I am the flip phone guy so some of this tech stuff is over my head, I understand what needs to be done just not good with the programing parts. But there are plenty here who are happy to help and I have to give big Kudo's to @Dave@DDMWorks he is great at tuning and has spent many a hours way into the dead of night and early morning on his dyno making shit happen for me and @rabtech.

I will be back there next week for some more tweaks and tunes. This set up gets better and better every day. Just like @rabtech says it make me giggle like a little girl every time I mash the gas.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• it make me giggle like a little girl every time I mash the gas.

Wait I was told you giggle like a girl all the time :whistling::evil:

I am planning a SC install for later this year....if @Dave@DDMWorks has a tune for the SC for a Haltech all ready to go with my 1320 intake and welter 2.5 dual rear exhaust....then I would consider bundling that up into one install all done at the same time.

Its only money after all <X

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• You would think that if Haltech was smart enough to design an ECM they'd be smart enough to design a cruise control. jes sayin

I can live without the traction control. After all that's why we added the hp was to break traction. But my cruise control,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even a Harley has a working cruise control for crying out loud!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• You would think that if Haltech was smart enough to design an ECM they'd be smart enough to design a cruise control. jes sayin

I can live without the traction control. After all that's why we added the hp was to break traction. But my cruise control,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even a Harley has a working cruise control for crying out loud!

Traction control works, but the light shows that its off.

You loose cruise control, but my understanding is that you can use the cruise control buttons to have the ability to load different maps if you want.

John

• Traction control works, but the light shows that its off.
    You loose cruise control, but my understanding is that you can use the cruise control buttons to have the ability to load different maps if you want.

While being able to instantly scroll through different maps might be important to those who have nitrous setups, different fuels, full race maps, fuel mileage maps etc I would expect the cruise control would be used more by the vast majority of us. A simple multi position selector switch could be installed to select maps. Maybe I'm jes gettin old! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• While being able to instantly scroll through different maps might be important to those who have nitrous setups, different fuels, full race maps, fuel mileage maps etc I would expect the cruise control would be used more by the vast majority of us. A simple multi position selector switch could be installed to select maps. Maybe I'm jes gettin old! LOL

GETTING ?!?!?

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

The answer I got when I asked that question

It's for racin - we are not aloud to have cruise control on the track!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!