Canadian version light install

• Canadian version light install

I received the two Canadian install lights today but my question is this, has anyone else received them with what appeared to be LED light replacements? Both lights have standard bulbs in them stock. Plug and play.But this little extra plastic bag with two LED lights came with it. Are they spares? Should I install them and replace one set of bulbs?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• When I bought the Canadian Headlight kit from Slingshotonly a couple years ago, they shipped them with the LED bulbs I also ordered already installed. I wasn't overly thrilled with the LED conversion as at the time they required the headlight to be drilled out taccept the LED headlight bulbs. Don't know if SSO changed that design or not.
    Your Ch units look to be from SlingMods. I thought the LED bulbs were an extra-cost option. I believe the small LED bulbs are probably for the little parking lights shown with the white connectors on the side of the headlights.

• When I bought the Canadian Headlight kit from Slingshotonly a couple years ago, they shipped them with the LED bulbs I also ordered already installed. I wasn't overly thrilled with the LED conversion as at the time they required the headlight to be drilled out taccept the LED headlight bulbs. Don't know if SSO changed that design or not.
    Your Ch units look to be from SlingMods. I thought the LED bulbs were an extra-cost option. I believe the small LED bulbs are probably for the little parking lights shown with the white connectors on the side of the headlights.

thank you so much for the quick response. Mine are from slingmods and watching the video they have they look plug-and-play. The aftermarket LED‘s they have are large and much different then the little bulbs that came with it. I believe you are correct in that they go in the side however I pulled the bulb out of the center and it looks as though it could take it there as well. My biggest concern was on their video they mentioned running the halogens all the time and overloading the circuit. I will install them tomorrow and hopefully they will work well. Again thanks so much for your input and the quick response. Really Appreciated!

The below is the slingmods LED headlight conversion kit. Looks to me as though you are only replacing the center bulb not the side running light

• For best lighting, make sure you have the Slingmods CH units installed as High Beams. I don't know if they now ship them configured for High Beam or not. It used to be that you had to swap some wires in the connector to operate as High Beam as opposed to running lights which were nowhere near as bright. Disclaimer - I have never used the Slingmods CH units and this is all based on what I have read, so I may not be remembering everything correctly.

• Mine was like that when i received mine in a year ago. those small bulbs go in the bottom of the light, there should be a standard bulb in there you just swap it for the led bulb. also put the led headlights in all of my lights, it was a plug and play. really like how they are brighter at night.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Thank you! Just the answer I was looking for. Did you have a chance to run the standard bulb in the lower portion as opposed to the LED that came in a little bag and compare the brightness?

Mine was like that when i received mine in a year ago. those small bulbs go in the bottom of the light, there should be a standard bulb in there you just swap it for the led bulb. also put the led headlights in all of my lights, it was a plug and play. really like how they are brighter at night.

• Sounds like trooper got you taken care of. I did the same install you did, was one of the first mods I did, and put led headlights across all 6. From what I've seen and remember the led bulb in the bag that goes in the bottom of the housing really isn't going to give you any light output. Seems to be more of a daytime running light to illuminate the housing when the main bulb isn't on. I put the one in the baggy in so I had that cool white look all the way across. Not sure if what I'm trying to say makes sense, hopefully so. Good luck with the install and good choice on mod.

• Mine was like that when i received mine in a year ago. those small bulbs go in the bottom of the light, there should be a standard bulb in there you just swap it for the led bulb. also put the led headlights in all of my lights, it was a plug and play. really like how they are brighter at night.

Got my lights installed last night and installed the LED yellow bulbs. I first kept the stock clear bulbs in to see what they would look like but almost no light at all - not even a real running light so I switched them out. Kind of a drag you have to remove the entire unit again to get to the bulb as here is a brace below the bulb that prevents it from coming all the way out. Put in the new LED and it is bright but it has a "blue" tint to it not white. I will keep it that way for now as the two inner lights being blue as running lights may grow on me.
    When on high they are white as I assume the led is not in the mix.

My 3M 94 primer is coming in today as I need it to prime the rims of the lights for the halo's prior to sticking them on so no pictures .... yet. I have removed the two orange reflectors on the front plates and will put a carbon fiber overlay there. The reflectors were never a favorite of mine and were never put on straight at the factory. The Black Carbon fiber will be a good replacement for me.

• Finished up my Canadian light install with the white bulb for the highbeam and the LED with a blue tint for the low beam/ running light. I have a feeling the blue tint is going to grow on me but we’ll see. Installed halos on them as well. While having the facia off I removed the two outside orange reflectors and applied some carbon fiber wrap. Thinking of going smoke on the orange turn signal lens as well or possibly doing away with them all together as I have the LED strips for running lights and turn signals up above. Thanks to all with their help and insight with my previous postings. Much appreciated!

***** just talked myself into the smoked turn signal covers. Should be here in a couple of days
    8)
    Just halos/ under spoiler and above grill lighting with incerts on each side of the spoiler .slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/79700/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/79701/

• Did you swap the wires so these run the larger bulb full time? Flip the yellow and blue wires in the harness for the Canadian lights. They will be bright full time vice running the T10 bulb solo without engaging the high beams or the actual H3 bulb.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• In short, no I did not. I am not a big electrical guy when it comes to understanding what will overload the circuit or not. The slingmods site mentioned the possibility of overloading the circuit and I just ran them stock. Any insight you may have on this would be greatly appreciated and it would be nice to run them with the brights on as they are much brighter than the LED. But as I mentioned prior the blue tint of the LED in the low beam may grow on me. I really don’t do much night driving and when I have I really haven’t been that disappointed in the stock set up.

Thanks for the question and again if you have any insight on this please share. When it comes to electrical I need diagrams handholding pictures and the whole deal!

Did you swap the wires so these run the larger bulb full time? Flip the yellow and blue wires in the harness for the Canadian lights. They will be bright full time vice running the T10 bulb solo without engaging the high beams or the actual H3 bulb.

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Super easy to accomplish. On the light housing side of the pig tail that powers the lights... Remove the retention clip across the wires. From inside the plug, a very small flat screwdriver is needed to depress the retention teeth holding each wire in place. remove the blue and yellow wires and reverse them. Replace the retention clip across the wires and you are done. There used to be a video or photos showing this. Can't seem to find it.

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Good'ol slingmods. The directions are in their installation .pdf!

polaris-slingshot-canada-conversion-install.pdf

For the record about their warning... I am running all 6 conventional lightbulbs on full time and have had no issues for 1.5 years. But then again I don't have anything else wired in the SS on those circuits. No other LEDs or bling.

• Thank you for the hand holding on this! This makes perfect sense but as I mentioned I’m new electrical guru and really appreciate the expertise and input on this one thank you so much!

Super easy to accomplish. On the light housing side of the pig tail that powers the lights... Remove the retention clip across the wires. From inside the plug, a very small flat screwdriver is needed to depress the retention teeth holding each wire in place. remove the blue and yellow wires and reverse them. Replace the retention clip across the wires and you are done. There used to be a video or photos showing this. Can't seem to find it.

• Good'ol slingmods. The directions are in their installation .pdf!

For the record about their warning... I am running all 6 conventional lightbulbs on full time and have had no issues for 1.5 years. But then again I don't have anything else wired in the SS on those circuits. No other LEDs or bling.

thank you and I agree. I have no issues with slingmods, actually like them a lot however they planted a seed of ambiguity in my head about the bulbs and I errored on the safe side. Your post and your directions make perfect sense though and again thank you.I actually did install a blue sea fuse box and three additional switches for extra goodies. I did this while I had the dash apart putting in my radio and the back up camera. All of my halos and under lighting are on a separate circuit other than the headlights

• Again thank you for the information on the lights.

Any thoughts on how to wire the headlights into a switch on my dash? I installed three switches, two are still available that are blind to the fuse box waiting for whatever. Any thoughts on how I could use one of those switches to make the headlights manual like I have the under lighting and halos? In other words where might there be easy access to the power wire to the lights off of the ignition switch that I could interrupt and wire to one of my switches on the dash. I am just thinking it would be cool during the daytime to just run the halos and not the headlights. Have both halos and headlights individual and manual at their own switch. ?(

Good'ol slingmods. The directions are in their installation .pdf!

• I'd think you could use one of the SlingMods switches to wire the Halos on one side of the switch and the headlights on the other side of the switch. They also have wiring harnesses for the headlight switches. Polaris Slingshot Dash Switches & Relays
    Another option is to wire in new headlight connectors for the Fog Light circuit and run the Outer Auxiliary headlights on that circuit. You'd need to add a fuse and switch, but that gives you a set of backup headlights independent of the main headlights. The Fog Light circuit is rated at 10A, so you can safely run 2 x 55W bulbs or even better, LEDs w/o problem.

• I'd think you could use one of the SlingMods switches to wire the Halos on one side of the switch and the headlights on the other side of the switch. They also have wiring harnesses for the headlight switches. Polaris Slingshot Dash Switches & Relays
    Another option is to wire in new headlight connectors for the Fog Light circuit and run the Outer Auxiliary headlights on that circuit. You'd need to add a fuse and switch, but that gives you a set of backup headlights independent of the main headlights. The Fog Light circuit is rated at 10A, so you can safely run 2 x 55W bulbs or even better, LEDs w/o problem.

Thank you for the quick reply and detail much appreciated! I was actually hopeful that I could just find the Hot lead wire off of the switch that goes to the lights and put my switch on the dash in line. Even going so far as to install a fuse if necessary. Is that too simplistic? Again I am no electrical genius!

• The Slingshot headlights should be wired to stay on if the key is in the Run position, Off if the key is in the Off or Accessory position.
    I also think the new headlight wiring may require 2 switches to handle both the Center and CH headlights and a 3rd switch for the Fog Light circuit, if you're using it.

• I’m treading into uncharted territory however I am going to try and find a schematic of the main key switch. I want to see if there is one hot lead that branches off to all of the headlights and if so that would be my sweet spot to cut in there and install a switch ........ ?( I think. Just like I believe the ignition switch is wired. The key goes on but the motor doesn’t start until you push the button.