Canadian version light install

• Thank you for the quick reply and detail much appreciated! I was actually hopeful that I could just find the Hot lead wire off of the switch that goes to the lights and put my switch on the dash in line. Even going so far as to install a fuse if necessary. Is that too simplistic? Again I am no electrical genius!

There is a thread on here telling you how to do just that, with pictures also @rabtech did the thread and it is fairly easy to do using the wires off of the fuse panel. Maybe someone can direct you to it.

• The Slingshot headlights should be wired to stay on if the key is in the Run position, Off if the key is in the Off or Accessory position.
    I also think the new headlight wiring may require 2 switches to handle both the Center and CH headlights and a 3rd switch for the Fog Light circuit, if you're using it.

You are really talking about 4 separate switches for all of the lights

• Did you swap the wires so these run the larger bulb full time? Flip the yellow and blue wires in the harness for the Canadian lights. They will be bright full time vice running the T10 bulb solo without engaging the high beams or the actual H3 bulb.

So trying to jump in here and educate myself as well. This setup was one of the first things I did but im pretty sure I didn't reverse any wires either as I currently have some lights illuminated by the t10 bulb until I turn the brights on. My question is if I set it up with all 6 bulbs on at the same time what do they do if you turn the high beams on?

• No. I have two wired switches on the panel that go to the fuse block but end there. I wired these to the blue sea extra fuse block when I had the dash apart so I wouldn’t have to take it apart again if I wanted to add something. I would like to use one of those two switches to be an on off switch for the 6 headlights as opposed to having them on all the time. I have one switch dedicated to just halos and under lighting. I would like the other to be able to control the headlights so they don’t have to be on all the time, so I could run halos only, headlights only, or switch both on.

You are really talking about 4 separate switches for all of the lights

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• No. I have two wired switches on the panel that go to the fuse block but end there. I wired these to the blue sea extra fuse block when I had the dash apart so I wouldn’t have to take it apart again if I wanted to add something. I would like to use one of those two switches to be an on off switch for the 6 headlights as opposed to having them on all the time. I have one switch dedicated to just halos and under lighting. I would like the other to be able to control the headlights so they don’t have to be on all the time, so I could run halos only, headlights only, or switch both on.

I would make a friendly suggestion about your project. If you are going to control your headlights with a switch I would make sure the SS had to be running or at least the ignition switch turned on for that light control switch to be hot. If not it would be all too easy for them to get turned on during the day time and then get left on running your battery down. There are a couple of ways to go about it but whatever works for you and don't leave you on the road somewhere with a dead battery is great.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The thread is" How to install a head light switch" @SoCal

I took the easy route and bought the Slingmods headlight switch for $80. Easy install and idiot proof. You just have to drill a hole or two in the side of the fusebox. I have my switch wired up=headlights on, center=headlights off, down=headlights off/demon eyes on. This allows you to put your halos on a separate switch and run them independent of the headlights: both on, both off, either/or.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks for the post @Swinglow

As I have mentioned in previous posts I can at times be a little electrically challenged. Sorry if there’s any redundancy here. I have my halos on an independent switch now coming out of an external extra fuse box that I installed. The blue sea fuse box I installed his powered directly from the battery and independent of everything. I can switch my halos on or off at will and they are totally independent. I will be looking for a schematic off of the key switch that shows possibly the wire that when the switch is on the headlights are always on or as I would call it the hot to power all of the front lights.

What I would like to do is put a switch in line on that hot headlight wire so that I can have the option to leave that switch on all the time so that when the key is turned the lights are on or have the ability to interrupt that wire and switch it off so only the halos can be on at will. I hope this makes sense

• I am with you 100%. Back in my early days it was a tactical advantage to have control of all my lights all the time. Now days it's not as important as it once was but I still like to have the control! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• It makes sense to me. I also turn off my headlights when I park in my garage so they aren't another drain on the battery when I start the engine. I do have to remember to turn them on after starting as it is a law to have the center lights on a motorcycle in Washington.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have all my lights wired up for its on switch. high beams one switch, low beams (DRL) one switch, fog lights one switch and halos one switch. I really don"t use none of my head lights during the day I just use the halos and fog lights for my running lights. They are bright enough to be seen.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• The wife and I took the sling out today to test drive the new lights and smoked out blinkers. I’m happy to report that the new headlights added 3 mph to my top end end the smoked turn signal wraps added five more horsepower ! ;) ( naaa i’m Lying- just 4)

• Original and very cool. I have not seen that location used before. Nice job. Did you abandon the center lights?

Taking a second look I now understand your “Trooper”designation. Be safe out there! :thumbsup: My cousin is sheriff in south-central