Sturgis 2018 Rally

• Welcome to the madness!

24 hour drive for me in TX. It is on the bucket list to attend one of these years.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• There is no way I'd take my Slingshot there that week. Hope you really enjoy it, there are so many wonderful things to do and see out there! I went in 2004, on a Harley, and I decided never to go that week again. I made the trip on the 2 wheels in 2 days.... over 1500 miles one way. I can look back and relish the trip now, but the trip out and back was tough then. Too many bikes, too many amateurs, too much drinking and riding going on for me. I'd go again in a heartbeat, but only on the other 51 weeks of the year. I've ridden bikes since 11, Harleys since 1990 (still have 2 in the garage), and now mostly ride in the SS. It is about the same fun, but I feel safer for sure.

To be honest here, after riding there I saw very long hair on A) Doctors, B) Lawyers, C) investment brokers, and finally D) The really hardcore druggies and party people. My hair was to my waist. I came back and cut it. I didn't want anyone to confuse me for those people..... :00008356:

• Estimating leaving August 1st from Virginia. Spend the month seeing Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Flathead, and others. Camping when possible. Hoping to travel approx 300 miles per day and stay in areas of interest several days.