Need insurance? Better Call Dan!

• We had him as an agent for the sling, when we bundled the sling with house and vehicles on another agent he called and got a bit ugly with us. Said we would never find insurance for less than with him. He has fair prices, but his customer service leaves a bit lacking. You might have to call him several times to get what you need done. Just was not for us.

LC

I had him early on but changed due to ability to communicate...actually lack of ability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I had him early on but changed due to ability to communicate...actually lack of ability

There is nothing like the satisfaction of being able to call your agent 24/7 and knowing that he will either pickup right away or will return the call ASAP and his answers is always " No worries, I'll take care of it"

IMHO Insurance is one of those things that when you NEED it you don't have the time/patience to play hide and seek with phone machines, so I am happy to pay a small premium to have an agent who's cell phone I have and will answer it.

Case in point, last year we had a nasty hail storm that decimated roofs ,vehicles and pretty much anything that was outside.

My skyline(glass) was broken and within 24 hrs of reporting it to my agent someone was over to cover it with tarps to prevent it from creating further damage to the property, my claims(roof,siding,boat) were approved to my satisfaction within 3 weeks and then it was up to me and my contractors to get it done.

One of my neighbors who HAD farmers took almost 6 months just to get barely the minimum to get it fixed and the amount of stuff they denied was insane, he probably lost over 15k on stuff they declined to cover due to technicalities vs my insurance who just came and saw everything and took care of it all.

So I asked him, so was that 1k(95 buck per year difference in our policies for basically the same coverage dollar wise) that you saved over 10 years worth it?

I am not saying that shopping around is a bad thing but there are cases when the cheapest option is not the best option.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• When my Sling was hit by a drunk driver and totaled, I dealt directly with the carrier from the beginning. An agent never came into play. So if you're looking for responsiveness in a claim situation you should be looking at the insuring company, not the agent. Nationwide (my insurer) was excellent to deal with. Geico (the drunk driver's insurer) not so much.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I had my wife call him not sure how many times she called but she said she had wasted enough of her time with him. I have been dealing with insurance companies here lately unfortunately. I have progressive and so far I have been happy they answer the phone and are quick to respond. My wife was in a accident a few weeks back. The other person was at fault. Her insurance was liberty mutual. She didn’t report the accident and refuses to return phone calls from her insurance company. They will not pay till they talk to her. So I am going through my insurance to get my car fixed. They are going after her and her insurance company. Just be sure whoever you go with make sure it’s someone who will be with you after an accident.

• I’ve never been to my agents office he comes to my house. You can’t beat that kind of service!

now, are you sure he's not your brother in law or something? 8o

When my Sling was hit by a drunk driver and totaled, I dealt directly with the carrier from the beginning. An agent never came into play. So if you're looking for responsiveness in a claim situation you should be looking at the insuring company, not the agent. Nationwide (my insurer) was excellent to deal with. Geico (the drunk driver's insurer) not so much.

NOW THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE! I've got my existing insurance agents who email me and leave me voicemail, but i don't have time for any of that. Sure, they may give me additional discount (military, member, etc), but if i have any problem with any of my toys. I talk to the carrier directly..

I had my wife call him not sure how many times she called but she said she had wasted enough of her time with him. I have been dealing with insurance companies here lately unfortunately. I have progressive and so far I have been happy they answer the phone and are quick to respond. My wife was in a accident a few weeks back. The other person was at fault. Her insurance was liberty mutual. She didn’t report the accident and refuses to return phone calls from her insurance company. They will not pay till they talk to her. So I am going through my insurance to get my car fixed. They are going after her and her insurance company. Just be sure whoever you go with make sure it’s someone who will be with you after an accident.

I was at that point too, but then I tried calling him, and he finally picks up. I'm not even sure if he even got the chance to go thru all his voicemail yet, but keep trying! Sorry to hear about your car, i hope your wife is okay. :(

• keep calling him! cuz it’s worth it in the end

It wasn't for me.

Not sure i understand this....the policy is with Progressive or Geico or whomever, not him personally. Just call them and cancel. Don't even have to deal with him.

I had Dan for one week for 500 a year but did not include uninsured motorist (with Allstate). Ended up going with state farm for full coverage. You are correct on the "call them to cancel". The esign stuff is what ticked me off with dan and alstate, There selling your personal info to get any so called discount. I called Allstate before I called dan and they wanted 1000.00 a year for insurance. But once I called one of their agents then the price dropped.

• I had him early on but changed due to ability to communicate...actually lack of ability

Yep I had Dan at one time too. He saved me a bundle from the $1200 that State Farm originally charged me. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. I called Brian Certain with Allstate ‭(817) 640-8738‬ and he wrote my policy with additional savings from Dan so I am very happy. He does only write in Texas as far as I know.

• That’s just it @MiM. I bet you have his cell number too. I pulled up to get an inspection and didn’t have my card. I called him and he asked if he needed to send me one by fax or picture. I just went to the app and pulled it up myself after talking to him. He later called me back to ask if everything worked out. Who does that???