Damn Passenger side heat..........

• ...........So wifey isn't feeling the heat in my 17 slingshot and now I'm looking at the W.P. Dual series rear exit exhaust to go on my 1320 V2 headers I installed already, my question is for those out there who went this route.....Did it make a noticeable difference in the passenger side heat area........??? Or should I just tell her to stay home lol.......that's the other option besides the exhaust.........because I'm still riding in Bee Bee no matter what......lmao

• ...........So wifey isn't feeling the heat in my 17 slingshot and now I'm looking at the W.P. Dual series rear exit exhaust to go on my 1320 V2 headers I installed already, my question is for those out there who went this route.....Did it make a noticeable difference in the passenger side heat area........??? Or should I just tell her to stay home lol.......that's the other option besides the exhaust.........because I'm still riding in Bee Bee no matter what......lmao

What has Polaris done to reintroduce the heating issue in 2017? With our stock 2015 after installing the then absent heat shields to the muffler and exhaust manifold, interior floor mats, plugging the right hand holes in the firewall with foam, if there was any heating issue it has been practically eliminated since?

Bill

I currently have the welter dual, while they are cooler than the stock pot belly they make the cabin(both D and P) hotter than using the side exit exhaust that I had.

However the WPD make some sweet sweet sweet sounds........ :00008040:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My Wifes right leg from thigh down to her calf was getting so much heat from the exhaust, I was afraid she was going to blister from the heat. I have the stock exhaust.
    Dont think it was so much from the muffler but from the exhaust gasses getting dumped in front of her and coming up along the right side floor board opening between it and the frame tubing.
    My solution....and it work better than I expected, was use the foam tubing that insulates water pipes, put that along frame tubing, front to back. Then take firewall insulation and pack along side the foam and body plastic, then put spray-on undercoating on the insulation, from the top, to protect it from water.
    Also coated the foam pipe insulation with the undercoating, from the underside. Did the underside a couple times to fill in the gaps.
    Also put firewall insulation on bottom of passenger floor board, while it was removed. Coated it with undercoating also, couple of coats.
    The biggest place where heat was coming through was under the passenger speaker pod where the frame tubes meet. Polaris tried to seal this area with a small bit of foam, but did not do the job. I put some duct tape over the polaris foam, too. Hidden by the speaker pod.
    May sound somewhat.....cheap......but I would not be embarrased for anyone to see it, including the mechanic at the Polaris dealership. Looks pretty good from the bottom,, I think. Cant really see anything from the top either. Covered with marine grade floor matts added an extra layer of insulation too.
    Wife is very happy with this. And believe me, she does not complain, but will let me know when she is uncomfortable on a 600 mile ride!!
    If this intrests you, I can take a few pictures from the underside. It's on jack stands right now getting new Hankook tires put on.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

Edited once, last by essixx: On our 3800 miles round trip to Yellowstone, the elevated speed limit increased exhaust volume and exhaust temperature. Was ok with the lower speeds but with higher speeds more heat was introduced into the cabin. Seeking advive about routining exhaust fromn stock muffler to rear exit exhaust dump. ().

• We pulled the engine and transmission at 890mi to do some mods and while we at it we sealed up all the holes in the firewall that we could then started at the top of the fire wall and covered every inch we could in "Dynamat" all the way underneath and up the back underneath the removable covers. We made thin metal pieces to install in the top of the transmission tunnel and covered them with the dynamat. We installed WP 2.5" rear exit exhaust at that time and re installed the factory heat shield that was between the pot belly stove and the passenger foot well. We've ridden on some pretty hot days so far and cockpit heat has not been an issue.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• My IPOD would shut off due to over temperature in the glove box along with the passenger floor/firewall heat that you couldn't keep your hand on. I did the Alpha side exhaust almost 4 years ago and it solved my heat problem. Any after market exhaust will help with heat for sure.

• Is this a deficiency with all year models or just some models?

All years have the issue when they have the stock exhaust, it has two cats and those produce an ungodly amount of heat for them to do their function.

Which is why many of us remove them and go for an aftermarket exhaust which brings different issues but we rather deal with those instead of the excessive heat.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• All years have the issue when they have the stock exhaust, it has two cats and those produce an ungodly amount of heat for them to do their function.
    Which is why many of us remove them and go for an aftermarket exhaust which brings different issues but we rather deal with those instead of the excessive heat.

Gotcha. The only problem with changing it is the noise and the emissions right?

• Gotcha. The only problem with changing it is the noise and the emissions right?

Many choose their exhaust for the sound (noise) and in Washington state there is no emissions on a motorcycle, which is how we are licensed. I have the Alpha side-exit and love it. If you're talking about the smell of uncatalyzed exhaust, that can be an issue when stopped but with the side-exit, not when you're under power. I don't mind the smell so much as others have reported.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Gotcha. The only problem with changing it is the noise and the emissions right?

They're no longer around, but the Alpha side exhaust was actually quieter than stock. There might be another side exhaust available from one of the other vendors. I too went with Welter but the stealth but that was only to please momma. She would complain about exhaust smell from the side exhaust.

• They're no longer around, but the Alpha side exhaust was actually quieter than stock. There might be another side exhaust available from one of the other vendors. I too went with Welter but the stealth but that was only to please momma. She would complain about exhaust smell from the side exhaust.

Momma is too sweet to complain. Glad she likes the new exhaust brother.

• I wrapped the van with this insulation. It’s still not enough. I will be adding more to the top surface and maybe around the can. There is still lots of heat rolling around in this area.

Has wrapping the header reduced the heat at all?

• Venting the hood and installing a WP dual rear exhaust with CAT delete and 1320 header sure did cool down my passengers.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Would like to see some photos. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• @'pricejh61, I will get pictures for you tomorrow after I get home with my new tires and before I put them on.
    Wished I would have taken pictures of the complete install because a good portion of the success I had was because of the insulation I put between the frame tubing and body plastic that is under the floorboard.

If you get hit, it's because you were there.