Damn Passenger side heat..........

• Installing floor mats made my lovely bride happy. No more complaints about heat. An easier install than other options discussed here.

Beware a cat delete. Yes, the cat has to get blazing hot to perform properly. Delete the cat, and you will get stink and new complaints about that. It doesn't seem to matter where the exhaust exits. I can smell a cat delete from 100' away, as can my bride. Yucky.

• On our 2015 we did install the muffler and exhaust manifold heat shields and put in floor mats, which improved the heat situation on the passenger side where I even carry a cooler on the floor without it getting warm, which makes me curious why are you folks with newer models are still having issues? The only difference that I can come up with is the radiator shroud?

Bill

• ...........So wifey isn't feeling the heat in my 17 slingshot and now I'm looking at the W.P. Dual series rear exit exhaust to go on my 1320 V2 headers I installed already, my question is for those out there who went this route.....Did it make a noticeable difference in the passenger side heat area........??? Or should I just tell her to stay home lol.......that's the other option besides the exhaust.........because I'm still riding in Bee Bee no matter what......lmao

I have the WP dual exhaust and there is a little difference in the cockpit and the noise level is less also. I can hear my tell me to slow down now. Some of the heat is felt through the center console where the pipes are but not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• @'pricejh61 here are the pictures I was able to get without removing the seat and floor pan. Like I said in my earlier post, a good portion of the heat was coming from under the speaker pod where the tubing meets. And I mean a lot of heat was coming from

This is a thermal image I found that supports my finding.

Also the complete left side along the floor pan needs filled too. I also put an adhesive backed insulation on the bottom of the floor pan and secured it with spray on adhesive then sprayed undercoating on it to help protect it and add more insulation..

Picture of bottom of floor pan and water pipe foam insulation with undercoat applied

Another thing that helped along the transmission tunnel was the hood vent from Zero Decibel Motorsports. Replaces your fake hood vent with a real one and is relativity inexpensive, especially considering how much stuff for the Slingshot usually cost!
    This really helped along the Wife's left leg.
    looks good too!

Slingshot Center Hood Vent | zero decibel motorsports

You need to have the Slingshot on jack stands or ramps to access the underside. Just start looking for holes along that side and use your imagination to plug them up. Remember it needs to be at least somewhat water resistant to hold up. I may have to redo some of it in the future, but now I know what to fill in so it should be easier.

• 3 inch, I don't think a 4 inch will fit.

I am thinking of mounting one on drivers side under dash blowing down at my feet. My freaking feet are on fire after a day in the heat. I found out the hard way you can not wear sandals unless you want 3rd degree burns.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• The metal ends are crimped onto the wires then inserted into the plug then close the plug. I used a pair of small needle nose pliers to crimp them.
    You'll need to determine pos and neg before you start, it only plugs one way.

• I like the vent, was it easy to bend and paint? Might be hard to match the midnight cherry but black or white would look good too.

• I like the vent, was it easy to bend and paint? Might be hard to match the midnight cherry but black or white would look good too.

Yes, no problem bending it. Need to use pressure at front and back of vent to bend each one. Zero Decibel has directions also how to get it in position. I did it by hand. Still has plenty of strength after bending. They also sell fender vents too.
    Had my friend powder coat it for me so that part was very easy!!

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• Thanks for the info. I’m considering deleating the CAT. That should help lower the heat. Will also add some additional insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter