Slingshot Booze & Blues 2018 (Fri, Oct 5th 2018, 9:00am - Sun, Oct 7th 2018, 3:00pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2018

Fri, Oct 5th 2018, 8:00 am - Sun, Oct 7th 2018, 2:00 pm

103 Second Ave. Clarksville Virginia 23927

Participants

21 participants, 48 undecided and 2 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 29th 2018, 11:00 pm
  • And for those of you who have not witnessed @V-SHOT doing the rain stay away dance on the stripper pole rest assured nothing wants to come around that.

Please note: The stay away dance by @V-SHOT is only performed when necessary. I forgot to take the stripper pole to Maggie Valley, and we all know what happened in Maggie Valley.

It was all your fault! I knew it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• It was all your fault! I knew it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is the reason I missed Maggie Valley. When we bought the SS our first trip was to be Maggie Valley. Weather forced us to stay home.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Mexican dinner Thursday evening in Clarksville to kick off the weekend. If you are staying at the Magnuson we will be leaving the parking lot for the very short ride to the Mexican restaurant at 6:45 pm. Let’s kick this weekend off with a Margarita and show our appreciation to Mitch and Collet (spelling) for hosting another great event for us. Really looking forward to this event. If you have never been to Clarksville or attended one of Mitch’s events I promise you will never forget this weekend and want to return to Clarksville soon. Wonderful town with wonderful people.

• We have 555 miles to go that day, and plan on hitting the road early Thursday morning. We will try to be at the Magnuson in time to go with y'all....

You have my cell phone number. We will stay in touch on Thursday while you are driving down. I have faith that you will be there in time for dinner.

• Mexican dinner Thursday evening in Clarksville to kick off the weekend. If you are staying at the Magnuson we will be leaving the parking lot for the very short ride to the Mexican restaurant at 6:45 pm. Let’s kick this weekend off with a Margarita and show our appreciation to Mitch and Collet (spelling) for hosting another great event for us. Really looking forward to this event. If you have never been to Clarksville or attended one of Mitch’s events I promise you will never forget this weekend and want to return to Clarksville soon. Wonderful town with wonderful people.

Dang it!! We won't be able to join all you fine folks for this one. We won't get in to the Magnuson until 8:00-ish at the earliest. But don't let that slow you down....have a frosty beverage for us!!! :00000436::00000436:
    See ya'll Friday am tho!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Dang it!! We won't be able to join all you fine folks for this one. We won't get in to the Magnuson until 8:00-ish at the earliest. But don't let that slow you down....have a frosty beverage for us!!! :00000436::00000436: See ya'll Friday am tho!!!

we will come back and fetch ya after dinner!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Dang it!! We won't be able to join all you fine folks for this one. We won't get in to the Magnuson until 8:00-ish at the earliest. But don't let that slow you down....have a frosty beverage for us!!! :00000436::00000436: See ya'll Friday am tho!!!

Give me a call when you get into Clarksville. We will not be far away.

(757) 201-0107. Tom

• Give me a call when you get into Clarksville. We will not be far away.
    (757) 201-0107. Tom

Thanks Tom!! We're looking forward to seeing you all again....and meeting some of you for the first time!!
    (330) 282-2150 Adam

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Hey Gang just a quick heads up.

The lake is currently at 309 ft above Sea Level and expected to crest at 310 ft that is 10' above normal. Since this lake is primarily for a flood control and everything down stream is already flooded we do not expect it to get back to normal in time for Booze and Blues.

As of today the only real impact it will have is on our planned routes sine many of them cross the lake and run thru the low lying areas currently flooded and or washed out. @Designer and I will try and make some time over the weekend to drive around and see if we can reroute around some of the damage. But I fear the rides will not be quite as exciting as usual. Some of these areas are just to dangerous.

For anyone not from the area to help understand how much water is involved the lake is 50,000 surface acres and the other day it rose over 1' in 8 hours. Since all this water is coming in from the mountains north of us I am sure it will continue for a few more days.

Here is a link to some information about the Lake if you want to follow up. Wilmington District > Locations > District Lakes and Dams > John H. Kerr

So far everything else is on - Poker Run / Lunch / Movie Night / Harvest Days Festival / Lake Life Live / Brunch

Watch the weather and if for any reason you can't make it I understand just let us know

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @MACAWS....thanks for the update!!
    Since we are more excited about the opportunity to meet everyone and spend quality time together, the most important thing to us is that everyone is safe and not harmed by any of the weather events!! The riding is secondary to us, so any roads we travel are an added bonus to the trip!!
    Nature will do what it has always done, and we will do what we've always done........improvise & overcome!! :thumbsup:

• @MACAWS....thanks for the update!!
    Since we are more excited about the opportunity to meet everyone and spend quality time together, the most important thing to us is that everyone is safe and not harmed by any of the weather events!! The riding is secondary to us, so any roads we travel are an added bonus to the trip!!
    Nature will do what it has always done, and we will do what we've always done........improvise & overcome!! :thumbsup:

Thank you sir.. We just try so hard t make sure you guys can come and have a good time with as little out of pocket costs as possible. But for people like you the cost of getting here can be the biggest expense.

Thanks
    Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you sir.. We just try so hard t make sure you guys can come and have a good time with as little out of pocket costs as possible. But for people like you the cost of getting here can be the biggest expense.
    Thanks
    Mitch

Oh but the memories are priceless my friend!!! :00010317: