Angle Drive Leak - one possible cause

• Yes sir you are correct - it just popped up

I have to learn to check the dates

Well mine still leaks and that is current!

if I would have started a new thread some smart ass would have said why don’t you use the search feature, this topic has been covered hundreds of times. Been there done that. I did use the search and this thread came up and that’s why I posted in it. And before I did that I read the pop up that said this topic is over a year old consider starting a new thread. So you can’t win.

The manual just says take the pivot nut off and remove the shaft. Like it’s just going to fall off when the nuts removed. Upon further inspection I noticed the hex end on the drivers side of the shaft. It appears you can remove it one of two ways. Either it screws out or you hammer it out. One of those could be catastrophic if you guess wrong.

This is all it says and it goes onto the next step.

If trying to get the correct answer is spam them I’m the king.

• I was actually able to find two different Sam Owens videos.....Gotta Love Sam...

found out about the Allen wrench end on the drivers side....22 mm Allen head...

and about the.....he’s says it’s 30 mm. I just bought a 29 mm that fits the pivot nut....

so I just ordered a Allen socket and a torque wrench that goes up to 195 ft lbs...

I also bought a caliper piston tool for the rear caliper......I rented a rather large tool kit from advance auto parts....that did not work......on the way home from my mechanic with his tool that did fit....I ran into a Mac Tool guy and he had a kit that fit...$140.....the advance kit tools had pins the were too big to fit in the holes on the piston.....

on the new Rear caliper I ordered from polaris....it comes complete with brake shoes and the emergency cable set up on it too.....So remove two bolts, remove the banjo bolt, remove the e brake cable....and reverse to install the new one....I did switch the shoes to the hawk shoes I bought two years ago and the new rotor....it appears my leak was around the piston itself and the brake fluid did a number on the old brake shoes.....I’ll add a picture of the damage Tomorrow. I changed it just in time....the old rotor still looks pretty good....

I cleaned up the angle drive.....I’m not going to change it right now I want to see if it leaks anymore.....I will install the new angle drive bracket....

and I had the two new rear tires mounted....

• I'm corn fused. Did you go quad?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I'm corn fused. Did you go quad?

no, I have two sets or rims....two new back tires.....I’m putting on my 4 th tire with 21,000....

I put off taking out the angle drive after a phone call to my dealer....the parts guy said they are so far behind because of the shut down......if I would need anything or work done....it could take months.....so if it ain’t broke....don’t fix it.....this isn’t the time unless it’s an emergency...