Halo kit Turn signal discussion

• Looks like most have hit the slowed down bit and the hazards being fine. Before replying I tried to get answers on the legality of being able to possibly create a mode where you could tie it into the braking function to further light up the halos red as you were braking. Perhaps to give the SS more visibility but it left one LEO confused as he replied "well red, blue and yellow lights are not permitted on the fronts as the vehicle while in motion but if you were coming to a stop for visibility..hmm" LOL Left me thinking this just may be using it a bit much in most states.

• I look forward to getting the sling videos up and we can really tweak them! I don’t mind putting in a mode that’s not legal, as the default will be perfectly legal and if you want to put a “fun mode” on for showing off in a *cough cough* parking lot, cool!

As far as the speed I tried to get them to fire off fast enough to sync with the outside sling blinker.

As far 3, I think I can light the hole left center, blink it, then left middle blink and left outer last if we want to make a 3 halo turn. We will try the sequence as well but I fear it will be so fast to sync it will hurt your eyes!

• @pigmanfu Well, I'm not big into the bling. I guess that's why I bought a pearl red Slingshot. Then I bought halos from Slingmods and returned them because I thought I could do better on my own. Next I saw yours and thought, hmmmm, pretty cool! Then I saw your price and thought, fair, but I don't have the $ right now. But I will later this year.

In the meantime, do you want a set of luggage racks as part trade? Just askin'...

I also may have an extra kidney.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @pigmanfu Well, I'm not big into the bling. I guess that's why I bought a pearl red Slingshot. Then I bought halos from Slingmods and returned them because I thought I could do better on my own. Next I saw yours and thought, hmmmm, pretty cool! Then I saw your price and thought, fair, but I don't have the $ right now. But I will later this year.

In the meantime, do you want a set of luggage racks as part trade? Just askin'...

I also may have an extra kidney.

lol! I’ll keep the kidney in mind!

• Very cool! I like the blinking on black best... But that's just me...

For sequential, is it possible to get the left center light to blink, followed by inner left 100mm halo, then outer left 100mm halo, then repeat? No trails, just blink in sequence towards the turn signal direction?

If it was trailing, not sure about 3 to 9 o clock... Maybe 12 to 6 (counter clockwise) on the left and 12 to 6 clockwise for the right (or however it makes sense when looking at it from the front... Lol... Does that make sense?

Great minds think a like. Now that I think of it, the blink only but fade each trailing one as the next one comes on might be perfect! I’ll setup a few after I fine tune the 6 I already have!

I can put many more in easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• So I'm part owner?!? :D

I'll send you my address for my "owners" special edition set... Yes, even if that means the highly abused prototypes laugh-squared

• I am ordering the 4 light kit. I would like the directional lights to alternate top and bottom circle if possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Thank you! I’d like to understand a little about what you are looking for. You say top and bottom circle of the 4 light kit, do you mean light up the top and then bottom of the outside halo all at once (top flash, bottom flash) or the “trail pattern that lights the top and bottom with a growing line at the same time?

• I pretty much think the default is where it is at. I love the fact that you have options and seem to really be thinking this through. Not to mention you are seeking feedback in the best damn place on the inter webs.

If I was into the bling, I would only be thinking of your kit. If someone can convince me that the kit running white halos at night is a huge improvement in drivability light, I might take the plunge.

Any idea on how many lumens a 6 piece halo kit throws and the distance measurement?

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I pretty much think the default is where it is at. I love the fact that you have options and seem to really be thinking this through. Not to mention you are seeking feedback in the best damn place on the inter webs.

If I was into the bling, I would only be thinking of your kit. If someone can convince me that the kit running white halos at night is a huge improvement in drivability light, I might take the plunge.

Any idea on how many lumens a 6 piece halo kit throws and the distance measurement?

I’ll do some measurements, I think I have a lux meter somewhere, and try to take some pics. Not sure how accurate it will be!

Thanks for the kind words, I’ve always said if I did this I’d do it the way I would want someone to do it from a customer’s POV. I have found out there are reasons manufacturers and/or vendors do some of the things they do, but also still keep in mind what I have always wondered “why can’t they just do this...”