Pucker Factor

• I just drove over 100 miles ....about 30-40 was into a head wind with gusty cross winds....it wasn’t fun...several times it felt like someone slapped me in the head. Some gusts were that strong. The SS was all over the road.

• That's Colorado at least 30% of the time. Wind gusts on the plains are upwards of 60 mph on any given day...on a bad day upwards of 80-90 mph...and in the last year I can remember a few days over 100 mph. Driving to work and home can be a literal headache...especially with big trucks are driving my in the opposite direction changing the path of the wind severely.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• high gusty winds are a common occurrence around here. I have never really noticed any problem with the slingshot getting pushed around but I have felt like it was going to rip my helmet off =O

you really want to have fun you should drive a passanger van in or out of this valley when we have a high wind warning - get sideways to it and it will knock the van right over, and going up the pass into the wind can actually grind you to a stop. Back in my van days had to drop it into low gear to keep the wind from stopping us on more than one occasion.

But then again I guess that is why the pass is full of wind turbines

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We've been out on the coast on several occasions when the winds have been kicking up a frenzy and I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised on how well the Grasshopper has handled them, considering how relatively light that it is. In fact, one time a couple riding a larger motorcycle had been following us on one of these days, pulled in alongside us at a stop and asked if we wanted to trade, saying that the wind was obviously blowing them around much more that it were us............
    Bill

• I have been surprised how much different some helmets handle the wind. When I first got the sling the dealer threw in 2 skid lid half helmets. That helmet really got buffeted by the wind thought it would snap my neck. Got myself a carbon fiber 1/2 helmet that is billed as the smallest and lightest DOT 1/2 helmet made and the wind doesnt bother it at all. if I have the strap to loose it will lift up on my head, but it doesnt catch the wind in a way that shakes my head around. My full helmet that I use when its cold or raining, a bell vortex is better than the skid lid, but still not as good as my regular carbonator helmet

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We don't normally wear a helmet. Thankfully the only time I've had one on is when I was on the race track.When we go on longer rides we use our ANR headsets. That takes care of the continuous/monotonous noises while still allowing sounds like the stereo or car coming along side to come through. They also allow us to communicate at a normal level as we would if we were sitting still. We have not noticed any problem with them catching the wind but we have the tall windscreen with a top. All that being said I agree that there is a definite difference from helmet to helmet in how it reacts in the wind. It's also amazing how moving a few inches in one direction or the other can have such a huge affect on the amount of buffeting you feel. Baker air wings can have a huge positive affect on this.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I was about to post one of my wind experiences and then I saw this ...... :cursing: hope there wasn’t anyone in the Porta potty!

For fun...this was up in Denver area just this past week

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2018/06/15/2539957952443364418/636x382_MP4_2539957952443364418.mp4

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎