@gpcustoms emergency brake conversion

• Aww... No more silver? ;(

I'll wait to see the MOMO...

Continue strong with treatment! The force is strong with this one!

MOMO is a bust. I presume its a rather older design and production and while it looks very much like the silver NRG its base is much wider and would require a lot of work to sew a new boot or cut its base down on the lathe.
    They are also much older as the boxes looked like they were found with the dead sea scrolls and in my own opinion not good enough for use.

Instead I have ordered more black handles and will carry on untill the NRG versions are back in stock :00008862:

• Well I think I found just a few silvers so I will wait and see. Since I go in for the last round on Monday next week will be a bust but I did get 3 sets out on this vacation from the white gowns.
    I would like to thank Mark and the Threes Da Life gang for the contribution to St.Jude of 2 Billion dollars :00009068:
    Thank you very mucho guys and gals and the safest trip to Stephen and Mark as they head out west this week!! :00000441:
    Also a shout to Coldones, Slingrazor and MBmedic for sharing generously with the kids :00002508:
    That takes the fund raiser to over $5500.00 thus far :00000436:
    Now the next bit of time off will be busy and short to prepare for MOFFIT so I can't say how many I can do nor how long it will be but I would venture to say its going to be a dry spell until close to thanksgiving before I come home and get to play with sharp objects again.

So Im home until Monday so feel free to shout and get on the list if your still hunting one.

Best regards
    Mark :00000156:

• Hey what's wrong with the white gowns...

• Got my parcel in the mail yesterday from Mark. VERY quick delivery. Thanks man!

Went to the Sling, and like @Nemesis1701 I opted to keep the lower portion of the stock handle in place. It is more challenging to get the boot in place, without question. However, I think with the old handle still in place at the base, it eliminates the "saggy" look of the boot just sitting there. This way it has some shape to it.

If you simply cut the handle where the underside starts to angle down, you will take just enough off to allow the new handle to fit perfectly. Plus I can use my lock which has been in my cupboard for months.

(Pics to follow as I am at work and don't have my card reader here)

@gpcustoms Thanks so very much for the service you offer this community. You deserve all the praise and admiration these guys bestow upon you. :thumbup::thumbsup::thumbup:

• Now the Shifter Lock IMO is one of the best mechanical deterrents items out there and that chrome one @MBMedic is really eye catching. Good job!

I can't take credit for that. Someone from these very forums posted it when I first got my sling, and I knew then I had to have it.

It stores perfectly under the driver's seat while cruising, and is easily accessible then when you park.

I don't plan on putting it on for day to day stuff in our small town. However, when I go to the city, or am away on road trips, I figure between the Canadian Immobilizer and this shifter lock, my Sling is about as secure as I can make it. (which is a good thing, because the old neighborhood my family is from in Buffalo New York, isn't what it once was, this will let me get some sleep)

• Thanks! Tried searching, and while doing so, thought about the shift knob that simply twist off... Guess you'd need one that at least had a screw/bolt huh?

Just do what I did and f#@* the threads up using the wrong jam nut......

I'll need to cut the jam nut and toss the shifter nob when I do replace it. Oh well @Turbosling makes new ones every day :)

That said......no one is stealing it that way, lol

• Well round 4 is done as of last Friday and I feel human once again
    Now the thanks to you gals and guys for all the good cheer and support for my efforts here and on a personal level
    Will have several weeks before the BMT in October so I have begun work on a few interesting projects for myself but will be assembling some additional E-brake kits as well as a Carbon Fiber fresh air system(3"). The same process for the air kit will be employed as the E-brakes and will be for cost plus a donation.
    As before this will be a not for profit deal and when I hit the road upon completion of the engraftment process this will come to an end.
    Since I now have shirts the donation system will scale on how much for additional swag.
    So you will get some arm bands as well as the shirt and bag depending on the donation level. Nothing crazy but there will still be $20 for the E-brake but the Carbon fresh air will be adjusted to $40 minimum donation. For extra swag I am thinking anything over $50 to St.Jude will get the bag and shirts on top of the arm bands that glow in the dark.
    The goal is to provide you with a very cool and functional plug and play system for under $200 plus your donation of choice.
    I will post some photos as soon as I have mine installed and I am satisfied with its finish and have tinkered on it. Each system will be mounted, adjusted on mine before its shipped.
    Now there will be a period of time from October 8th until I can come home later in November and continue the recovery that I will just not be able to build anything so keep that in mind when asking me your questions. I should have enough time however to make several of each so stay tuned
    Thanks again for all the help with this fund raiser and we shall see you all on the roads very soon

Mark

• Whatever you're doing with the carbon fresh air I'm in. I'll be donating and getting that swag too.

• ok maybe one more mod.