My Official Greeting!

• Hello Slingshot owners!!

I've talked a few times in some of the lingering threads but thought I would formally introduce myself and show some pictures of my 2018 SS.

I've been wanting an SS since I saw one a few years back in Washington, D.C. coming out of a Friday's restaurant and seeing it parked in a parking lot. My first impression was "whoa! what kind of sports car is that!" I then thought, "those things much be like out of the middle-class salary range!" It was then that I found out how cheap they were (in comparison to higher end sports cars). I put it on the back of my mind and thought it would make a great joy-ride cycle. I had 2 cars already (2003 Mits EVO and 1992 Toyota MR2 Turbo) that I knew I would hold on for the long haul, but I was due for another new vehicle. Getting another 4cyl would have been redundant as I didn't want to sacrifice my EVO by trading it in.

Fast forward a few years and this month, I took the plunge..

I had to get the shade, aftermarket steering wheel, and a few other nick-nacks. It is now a complete purchase and I only have the INJEN intake to install. I got the LED light conversion and it was very simple to install. It's got a little over 100 miles on it. I'm VERY happy with this purchase! It simply looks amazing and most people on the street can't help but to turn their heads! :P

• Love that color....

• Thanks guys/gals! Yea, I don't plan on riding it often. I want to ride it when it's cool outside and relatively few people on the road. I still have blindspots riding this thing. Can't wait to cruise in it with other cycles. It'll be fun!

• Curbs, ditches, and standing water!

Hit the owner's manual to get an idea of maintenance schedules, dash warning lites, break-in do's and dont's, and general info.

When you turn the key to start, allow the guages to cycle through before hitting the start button. This allows the boot cycle to complete.

Be prepared to see the EPAS light if you leave the key in the "on" position for more than a few minutes before hitting the start button. If you get the light, your electronic power assist steering will be off. Recycle key to off momentarily, then restart your Sling to clear the EPAS.

That should get you pointed in the right direction...

Enjoy the ride!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• One time I had the key in the position to start, but I just wanted to listen to the radio. After a few minutes, I noticed that the battery was low (~10v) and I tried to start it and couldn't. This was right after buying it and bringing it home (it had ~50 miles on it). Do these batteries take that much charge to just run the radio? Or is this a case of the battery being too new and wasn't fully charged yet?

• Turn the key one position beyond the "start" position for "accessory". In the start position, everything is powered...

And yep, the reserve capacity of the smaller batteries is diminished... once voltage drops below 11.7, bad things happen.

Push starting is still feasible...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Welcome! May your wallet not suffer from mod-itis too bad. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

Edited once, last by 2W2X1 ().

• Damn... sorry to hear you are already infected. There is no known cure. Best of luck. HAHAHAH

Man, what? I've already spent too much money on mods. Hasn't even gotten to the 500 mile marker yet! I told myself I need to slow down -- WAAAAY down!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1