• Just a simple question, i want to put on a rear 275/35/20 on my sl wheel in back? no issues right? what i mean is not spacers etc?? i am ordering this soon so i need to know if i am good to go,,as i dont want to get this and have it NOT fit..haha...thanks

• should fit okay on the stock 20 inch wheel, but I dont know if the size difference is enough to be a problem or throw codes, but I doubt it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I doubt it will throw a code at only a slight size change, but who knows????

I did forget to ask what shocks you are running, but a 275 should fit regardless.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• when I replaced my rear tire I thought about going with a 275 35r 20 instead of the stock 255 35 20, but when I saw that the same exact nitto tire cost almost $90 more in the larger size I decided to say with the stock size - that just seemed like a bit much for such a small increase in width - especially when I considered how long it wasn't going to last

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• when I replaced my rear tire I thought about going with a 275 35r 20 instead of the stock 255 35 20, but when I saw that the same exact nitto tire cost almost $90 more in the larger size I decided to say with the stock size - that just seemed like a bit much for such a small increase in width - especially when I considered how long it wasn't going to last

I try to find tires that have the same tread width as the stock 255 Kenda. There are not many out there, do not believe what is in the specs for the tires, that is why I ended up getting the BFG Comp 2's. The tread width was 1 inch narrrower that the spec's quoted.

• I replaced the stock SL tire with a 285/30/20, no issue on stock rim.

that should be almost the exact same diameter as the stock - speedometer shouldn't be off much at all

• Part of proper tire fitment is sizing the tire to the width of the wheel. Most manufacturers would say the upper limit for a 9” wheel would be a 275. This is also dependent somewhat on the sidewall height. If you want the best performance from your tire you do not want to oversized your tire. A good rule of thumb is to take the width of the wheel, add 1” then convert to mm for the width of tire. SL wheel is 9” plus 1” equals 10” convert to mm equals 244mm which would be a 255 tire.

• Part of proper tire fitment is sizing the tire to the width of the wheel. Most manufacturers would say the upper limit for a 9” wheel would be a 275. This is also dependent somewhat on the sidewall height. If you want the best performance from your tire you do not want to oversized your tire. A good rule of thumb is to take the width of the wheel, add 1” then convert to mm for the width of tire. SL wheel is 9” plus 1” equals 10” convert to mm equals 244mm which would be a 255 tire.

Thanks - thats a good thing to know. Personally I am happy to stick with the stock tire sizes - I am not convinced the very slight gain in width would improve traction enough to justify the jump in price

I do understand that some people love the look of larger wheels and tires, but that is not something that has ever been my thing

• Thanks - thats a good thing to know. Personally I am happy to stick with the stock tire sizes - I am not convinced the very slight gain in width would improve traction enough to justify the jump in price
    I do understand that some people love the look of larger wheels and tires, but that is not something that has ever been my thing

I agree, I want the performance and the traction. All that I can get with the stock sizes of tires and rims.

• Most of the better tire websites list the wheel width(s) that work with each size of their tires. They will often list recommended minimum and maximum wheel widths along with the width they recommend for best fitment and performance. Nitto, for example, lists their 315/35R17 tires as fitting rim widths of 10.5 - 12.5" with a recommended 11" rim width for best fit.
    If you can't find the info on a specific tire manufacturer' website, Budnik offers a generalized guide here - Helpful Tire Info - BUDNIK. I included a portion of the chart to show how recommended wheel widths also change as the tire profile ratio decreases (recommended wheel width goes up for lower profile tires).

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Most of the better tire websites list the wheel width(s) that work with each size of their tires. They will often list recommended minimum and maximum wheel widths along with the width they recommend for best fitment and performance. Nitto, for example, lists their 315/35R17 tires as fitting rim widths of 10.5 - 12.5" with a recommended 11" rim width for best fit.
    If you can't find the info on a specific tire manufacturer' website, Budnik offers a generalized guide here - Helpful Tire Info - BUDNIK. I included a portion of the chart to show how recommended wheel widths also change as the tire profile ratio decreases ( recommended wheel width goes up for lower profile tires).

A lot of them list the overall width of the tire, but not the tread width what touches the ground and even that was wrong for the BFG Comp 2.

• I've heard it mentioned here before about getting Polaris to update the ECM for the current tire size. I'm sure there will be someone along shortly that will have solid information.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The only parameters that the dealer has available to change is from the base to the s/l, l/e or slr. Without checking the sizes, off hand I'd say if you wanted to use a 275 width tire, you should have gone with a 275/30/20 and not the 35 series

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE