Little Switzerland Weekend

• I did not want to start another thread so here is the past four days Day one left home and rode to Black Mountain then jumped on the Blue Ridge to ride to Maggie, the rain ran us off the Parkway and we ended up on 276 to Brevard, N.C. Day Two rode 215 from Brevard area then 28 to the Dragon (Brenda's first time) then rode to find @pricejh61 and to meet up with he and his wife and then we did a little 2 1/2 hr. lake ride Day Three we rode the Devil's Triangle and another loop and back to @pricejh61 for something to eat and drink Day Four Sunday left Lenoir City, Tenn rode 441 back to Cherokee to 28 South from Bryson City then rode 28 on down to Walahalla, S.C. then jumped on the Inter state for home.. JUST A LITTLE SHORT WEEKEND RIDE A few more miles than 2 weeks ago. Not to mention any names but some people only put that much mileage on there Slingshot when it is in a trailer :POKESS:

You are really pushing it pal!
    Looks like a blast - I am so happy Brenda is finally getting out and riding.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @EjFord It has taken me I think 9 months but I think I have caught up with you again. 67,000 miles and counting

And the mileage race is ON... I know that your wife was down for a while last year which keep the miles down … This year it's my wife. Recovery from back surgery is moving slower than we had hoped but it is moving in the right direction.
    JUst crested the 67,000 miles running errons this pm.

• Nancy and I had a great weekend with @FunCycle and Brenda. Friday we rode the back roads to Kingston then River ire to Watts Bar Dam. Then into Sweetwater, Vonore and Hwy 95 back to Lenoir City. About 100 miles or so.

Saturday we rode the Devils Triangle and then took the back way into Crossville along the Obed River and across some beautiful farm land laced with good roads with great sweepers. Perfect Sling roads.

From Crossville we hoped on I-40 for a high speed return to Lenoir City. Wrong! Shortly after getting on the freeway we started to run into rain. So...get off the freeway, put on the gear and press on. Rained buckets! Gerald and Bonnie bailed off the freeway (good move). Nancy and I couldn’t see them in the rear view and continued on at reduced speed. Yes, these things are crap in heavy rain. Turned on the flashers and plodded On for about five miles where we drove out of the storm.

Gerald and Bonnie caught up with us at home. Needless to say, all four of us got drenched.

I BBQed a mess of brats and we had salads and potato salad for dinner. Really glad that they visited us. We had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Thanks for the pics of @FunCycle and Brenda....

• And the mileage race is ON... I know that your wife was down for a while last year which keep the miles down … This year it's my wife. Recovery from back surgery is moving slower than we had hoped but it is moving in the right direction. JUst crested the 67,000 miles running errons this pm.

Yes, Brenda has been down for 17 months total and my Slingshot was in the repair shop for 2 months after that little off road adventure

• @MACAWS and @rabtech and anyone else, are we still on for the last weekend of July?

Looks like I may have to postpone it for another week or 2
    We are still dealing with my wife's mom. She broke her hip a few weeks back and you know how it goes - absolutely not how they say it will.
    Hope to get her out of rehab late next week and set up at home.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• :( I’m fixing my dishwasher this weekend just saying

I did not want to start another thread so here is the past four days Day one left home and rode to Black Mountain then jumped on the Blue Ridge to ride to Maggie, the rain ran us off the Parkway and we ended up on 276 to Brevard, N.C. Day Two rode 215 from Brevard area then 28 to the Dragon (Brenda's first time) then rode to find @pricejh61 and to meet up with he and his wife and then we did a little 2 1/2 hr. lake ride Day Three we rode the Devil's Triangle and another loop and back to @pricejh61 for something to eat and drink Day Four Sunday left Lenoir City, Tenn rode 441 back to Cherokee to 28 South from Bryson City then rode 28 on down to Walahalla, S.C. then jumped on the Inter state for home.. JUST A LITTLE SHORT WEEKEND RIDE A few more miles than 2 weeks ago. Not to mention any names but some people only put that much mileage on there Slingshot when it is in a trailer

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I’m keeping an eye on weather. So far it doesn’t look good. Do we have a rain date?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

I had a few challenges and we are definitely rescheduling - maybe even a change of venue I will post this weekend

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!