Lightning strike

• Been thinking about having a whole-house surge protector installed in our electrical panel to augment all of the individual surge protectors/UPS's we have on the electronics. Just realized my Wife's recliner motor isn't protected. The're relatively cheap now.
    Did the lightning strike the weather station?

• There is very little that can be done to protect from a direct lightning strike. If it can travel thousands of feet through the air to the ground it won't have any issue jumping across what ever you have for protection.

However you can protect a lot of stuff from power surges caused by lightning. Check out a product line called Poly Phaser. They make some awesome equipment.

I do have intimate experience with lightning and it's affects on the human body. beaten-squared

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• No experience playing with lightning, but I cut m y first power cord at the age of 4. My Uncle, an Electrician, said he thought it was really funny how I went rolling across the floor claiming it bit me! The scissors I used got welded closed or so I was told.

• Anybody else been hit by lightning? We got it thursday. Took out TV, router, love seat recline motors, weather station and a bunch of other stuff. Slingshot is fine, oh and the wife also.
    O
    Cant show pictures of TV, router or other stuff because it is all internal.

LC

Somebody check @Ghost Make sure hes still breathing....when the word lightening comes up forever more I'm going to think about ya buddy!!

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• We have had some ground strikes near the house phones / printers / TV

We had lightening hit our building last year...took out 3 computers...2 printers...My alignment machine (that one hurt) one tire balancer the tv and all the phones in the place!

My corp office went apeshit...LOL

We were down for almost a week...lol

SSreaper

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• First of all I thought Auf was trolling when I saw this thread :/ .
    Had 2 too many close calls (on the lake guiding fishing) but the 3rd time was an indirect which tossed my ass about 10 feet. Wife saw the hit and couldn't believe how my 240 lb. frame got tossed like a hanky. Pretty freaky went and saw the Dr. and he figured it hit my head and exited my heel. I'm like no shit is that why my teeth are killing me and it feels like I jumped out of the box of my truck barefoot? Now I'm a chicken shit and hide in the basement when at home during one of our always frikken wild storms. Tornado 3 days ago.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

Had 2 too many close calls (on the lake guiding fishing) but the 3rd time was an indirect which tossed my ass about 10 feet. Wife saw the hit and couldn't believe how my 240 lb. frame got tossed like a hanky. Pretty freaky went and saw the Dr. and he figured it hit my head and exited my heel. I'm like no shit is that why my teeth are killing me and it feels like I jumped out of the box of my truck barefoot? Now I'm a chicken shit and hide in the basement when at home during one of our always frikken wild storms. Tornado 3 days ago.

Damn that had to hurt!

Your profile pic kinda says, How could it miss?!!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• While stationed with the Army in West Berlin in the mid-1970s, we bowled in my Wife's Air Force bowling league. Normally, if I had a bad toss, I'd slap the scorer's table. One night we weren't able to make it and a friend of ours slapped the scorer's table after a bad toss, got electrocuted and his heart stopped. They were able to revive him and we had commemorative mugs made showing a guy being fried by electricity!

• Yes it was a direct hit on the weather station. Still finding pieces in the yard. Finally found the last battery yesterday. Wonder how the charge is in the rechargeable batteries in the flag light is? I have surge protectors on just about everything in the house, standard procedure in oklahoma. The lightning went through the antenna for my atlink wifi then the router on to the TV all in the cat5 cable. The atlink stuff survived but everything else is being replaced. Im looking for cat5 surge protection stuff now. I fear what was posted about lightning jumping any protection is a true statement, but you gotta try. Insurance deduct is to high so it is all on me, there goes more mod money.

LC

Lucky it hit you in the head.

• Yes it was a direct hit on the weather station. Still finding pieces in the yard. Finally found the last battery yesterday. Wonder how the charge is in the rechargeable batteries in the flag light is? I have surge protectors on just about everything in the house, standard procedure in oklahoma. The lightning went through the antenna for my atlink wifi then the router on to the TV all in the cat5 cable. The atlink stuff survived but everything else is being replaced. Im looking for cat5 surge protection stuff now. I fear what was posted about lightning jumping any protection is a true statement, but you gotta try. Insurance deduct is to high so it is all on me, there goes more mod money.

LC

Check out the polyphaser and see if they have what you need. They have some incredible products!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868